U23s v Wigan (3 Viewers)

Frostie

Tbf I don't blame the lad if he's not even getting a start in a game like this.

If it is what we think it is then yes, totally get his frustration. On the other hand though, we're clearly using the U23 games this week to get important minutes into some first team players that could help us with the Relegation run in, that has to come first.

cc84cov

I personally didn't see anything in Jobello last season to suggest he'd add much to the side currently, we looked much better when we ditched the 4-3-3 and wingers coincidentally. His short cameos at Norwich and Derby weren't impressive either although maybe unfair to judge based on that.
Soon as he went in and asked for the Number 10 shirt I knew what was coming 😎

chiefdave

That could be able anything but assuming it is about not being picked I'd much rather have players who are pissed off when they aren't picked and have a point to prove than those that are just sat around happy to collect a wage.

Not like he's said anything controversial or called anyone out.

stupot07

I personally didn't see anything in Jobello last season to suggest he'd add much to the side currently, we looked much better when we ditched the 4-3-3 and wingers coincidentally. His short cameos at Norwich and Derby weren't impressive either although maybe unfair to judge based on that.

I thought he was ok in league one, its easy to forget how well we started the season, which could have been even better had Hiwula not been so wasteful, Jobello supplied a lot chances in those games.

I dont think he is good enough for the championship though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I thought he was ok in league one, its easy to forget how well we started the season, which could have been even better had Hiwula not been so wasteful, Jobello supplied a lot chances in those games.

I dont think he is good enough for the championship though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I dunno, I used to find his over estimation of his own speed a bit of a joke

higgs

Sorry Wesley your not championship standard best of luck in the lower divisions in France next season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Sorry Wesley your not championship standard best of luck in the lower divisions in France next season

Based on what? I'm not saying he is btw, but just don't know how he can be judged. Different system, but certainly one of our better performers in L1 before his injury.

better days

Was Jobello offered the chance of a loan in Jan? Doesn't fit here at all with the way we play.

@better days any idea?
Not that I've heard
As he's been recovering from a serious ACL I think the plan was to let him manage his recovery here
Don't think it's been a smooth path as there have been one or two bumps in the road during his rehab
He's featured a few times for the U23s but doesn't appear to have made much of an impression so far unfortunately

KenilworthSkyBlue

Based on what? I'm not saying he is btw, but just don't know how he can be judged. Different system, but certainly one of our better performers in L1 before his injury.

He didn't particularly blow me away last season however if he'd had the luxury of more time I think he would've turned out to be a decent signing.

If you take into account that foreign players usually take up to a year to fully bed in with a club, Jobello's performances were more than OK for the most part.

Gregbant

Really hope this is the time that Ngandu starts to emerge, sounds like he had a good game and has been captain since his return from Iceland. The lad has so much natural flair it's nuts, he just needs to understand how to apply it effectively.
Great for walker and Godden to get more minutes together building up their partnership.

higgs

League one player at best not championship level don't see him making it here at cov

Magwitch1

Really hope this is the time that Ngandu starts to emerge, sounds like he had a good game and has been captain since his return from Iceland. The lad has so much natural flair it's nuts, he just needs to understand how to apply it effectively.
Great for walker and Godden to get more minutes together building up their partnership.
Thats the big plus coming out from this match Godden gets 90 minutes under his belt, scores and with another week to go before QPR games should hopefully be fit and ready for that game.

Winny the Bish

Seems like Ngandu is adding more goal involvements to his game which is great to see. Will help him get a chance.

rob9872

League one player at best not championship level don't see him making it here at cov

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering what you're basing that opinion on. I would have said the same about Kelly last summer if you'd asked me and I'd have been surprised. Similarly others I thought would take to the level easier like Marosi, have surprised me in a different way.

higgs

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering what you're basing that opinion on. I would have said the same about Kelly last summer if you'd asked me and I'd have been surprised. Similarly others I thought would take to the level easier like Marosi, have surprised me in a different way.
I would be happy to be proven wrong about him but just don't see him bringing anything to the team especially in the championship and with our formation but as I say please prove me wrong Wesley

procdoc

The last two U23 games have we lined up with a diamond? Do you think 4-1-2-1-2 would suit the players more than what we are currently playing?

higgs

The third Acl probably slowed him down aswell must affect a player mentally when it goes a third time would you be afraid to fully kick on speed wise incase it goes pop again?

D

Deleted member 11652

The third Acl probably slowed him down aswell must affect a player mentally when it goes a third time would you be afraid to fully kick on speed wise incase it goes pop again?

Never done it so don’t know the answer but if so, why did we sign a player with a history of 2 Acl injuries and why are we even considering giving Jones a contract after 3 of them

Frostie

Defending there is woeful mind you. Somebody in the replies calling for him and Bapaga to play. Can they not see the difference in the level of the game? No intensity at all in the u23 matches.

I know, he even loses control of the ball at one stage. I had that convo with somebody else re: Bapaga previously. Somebody was even saying Bremang should be in the first team 😳
I think the fact that when the 1st team players play in the U23 at nowhere near full intensity but still dominate should explain a lot.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I know, he even loses control of the ball at one stage. I had that convo with somebody else re: Bapaga previously. Somebody was even saying Bremang should be in the first team 😳
I think the fact that when the 1st team players play in the U23 at nowhere near full intensity but still dominate should explain a lot.

Biamou was fairly prolific during his brief spell in the U23s last season after his return from injury.

I think that says it all.

Hertsccfc

Never done it so don’t know the answer but if so, why did we sign a player with a history of 2 Acl injuries and why are we even considering giving Jones a contract after 3 of them
Yeah and why did Bournemouth sign Callum Wilson? That didn't work out at all did it? Each case on its own merits.

I didn't think Jobello looked fast even before his acl with us and I didn't really feel he had proved that he was up to the standard at League 1 level.

If Jones had been fit this season we would be well clear of the relegation places. Our biggest problem has been that O'Hare has been our only effective forward looking midfielder, and that has left the forward(s) isolated in most games. Jones has the quality for sure in my view but the question is can he stay fit. Only the club can judge that, but if there is a chance he can, we would be crazy not to keep him.

D

Deleted member 11652

Yeah and why did Bournemouth sign Callum Wilson? That didn't work out at all did it? Each case on its own merits.

I didn't think Jobello looked fast even before his acl with us and I didn't really feel he had proved that he was up to the standard at League 1 level.

If Jones had been fit this season we would be well clear of the relegation places. Our biggest problem has been that O'Hare has been our only effective forward looking midfielder, and that has left the forward(s) isolated in most games. Jones has the quality for sure in my view but the question is can he stay fit. Only the club can judge that, but if there is a chance he can, we would be crazy not to keep him.

If a player who’s unproven in league one was fit, we’d be safe already? Really?

SkyBlueDom26

Surely that bit about Jones is a wind up?

Users who are viewing this thread