U23s v Wigan (2 Viewers)

SBT

Godden after 45 minutes of playing U23 football

giphy.gif

AOM

Sounds like Dacosta has done okay too, if we're going to need cover for Dabo

cc84cov

Looks like Reid will be involved with the first team if he comes through unscathed
Wouldn't be surprised to see him start if he does well
I'd guess the guys returning from injury might just play the first half today
Heard he’s been very good in training,be surprised to see robins drop Golden Balls tho although he’s been bang out of form all season

Sky Blue Harry H

People will be screaming about risking him if Godden looks off the pace or picks up a knock in the QPR game. or giving MR pelters if it he doesn't start. Just hope he stays fit and gets back up to speed asap.

cov donkey kick

Hopefully the u 23s have another game Monday and godden is given another 45 minutes. As Reid think he should be given a start v qpr but think he will be 1st team from next season.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Just seen that & he's already deleted it... Doesn't look great.

For those who missed it:
View attachment 19317

I don't know why players bother. Granted his exclusion must be frustrating but social media isn't exactly an appropriate conduit to air your frustrations when you're a footballer. It's only going to push him further out of the frame.

There's also a sign up at Ryton next to Boddy's office that quite clearly states players will be fined for this kind of thing. So, he's now likely to be both out of pocket and further out of favour.

Last edited:
Reactions: AOM

mark82

I personally didn't see anything in Jobello last season to suggest he'd add much to the side currently, we looked much better when we ditched the 4-3-3 and wingers coincidentally. His short cameos at Norwich and Derby weren't impressive either although maybe unfair to judge based on that.

He looked ok in league one. Nothing to suggest he should be starting/playing at Championship level. Can understand his frustration if he doesn't feel he's being given a chance to prove his fitness / ability even at u23 level, but venting on social media is never going to help.

rob9872

Tbf I don't blame the lad if he's not even getting a start in a game like this.

Users who are viewing this thread