Match Thread U23 v Ipswich Town - Play off semi final (1 Viewer)

SBchimp

Some good news.

Ipswich have already started work on their pitch for next season so we are expecting this game to be played at the CBS Arena on Tuesday 2pm KO

Still to be confirmed by the club(s) but I for one am delighted that a round trip to Ipswich may not required.

Be interesting to see what team we put out with the first team finishing this weekend. Hopefully the likes of Josh Eccles will fancy a kick around..

Shame about kick off time but hopefully we can get a few people up there to support the boys.

SBchimp

a bit of silverware, only way to 'go up' is to change to a CAT1 Academy.

The Cat2 clubs play across 2 leagues, The North and South.
Each team plays everyone in their own league twice and each team in the other league once.
Then at the end of the season 1st plays 2nd from the other league to knockout to the final to be Cat 2 champions.

Works exactly the same way in the 18s

no_loyalty

I assume Tyler Walker is back in training and available to play?

rexo87

He's back so I guess he will be available
Is that even allowed. I thought loans are officially until end of May/June? Surely you can't loan someone out and then bring them back for the play offs for example

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

better days

Is that even allowed. I thought loans are officially until end of May/June? Surely you can't loan someone out and then bring them back for the play offs for example

Not sure with U23s but as Portsmouth's season is complete it might be allowed as he's our player
Don't think he'd be allowed to play for the first team again this season though

rexo87

Not sure with U23s but as Portsmouth's season is complete it might be allowed as he's our player
Don't think he'd be allowed to play for the first team again this season though
Ah thought you meant me might play tomorrow. Would have thought that in the semis/final of this U23s competition you can't throw in players who haven't played for 23s all season though

skyblueelephant76

Ah thought you meant me might play tomorrow. Would have thought that in the semis/final of this U23s competition you can't throw in players who haven't played for 23s all season though

Walker played and scored for the u23s earlier in the season

SBT

Why are we supposedly pulling young players from first team duty for this meaningless game?

Frostie

I’d prioritise first team experience over an U23 cup game every time, but to each their own.

Fair but the only U23 that is really considered a first team member at the moment is Eccles & he's with the first team.

SBchimp

Great afternoon for watching football.
Expect a true u23's line up today with 1st team now on the beach.

rexo87

Really wish they’d stream this game. Shouldn’t really be that difficult at the CBS to do that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread