U21s 2015/16 (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Half time: 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday. Our goalkeeper (first year academy player, not sure where Burge is) fumbled the ball and gave the Wednesday striker an easy finish.

SlowerThanPlatt

Wednesday missed a pen 5 mins ago now City have equalised. Great skill from Lameiras finds Thomas and he finishes cooly.

1-1

SlowerThanPlatt

It was at Hillsborough. I only attend games at the Ricoh/AHC when I can so I'm not sure.

Full time: 1-1. George Thomas got our goal. Probably a fair result considering they missed a penalty and we hit the bar twice.

SlowerThanPlatt

The U21s face Sheffield United at the AHC tomorrow, 1pm kick off. This is going to be a difficult game as I think Sheffield United are unbeaten in the last 13 games at U21 level.

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City U21s: Addai (GK), Phillips, Ford, Harries, Di. Kelly-Evans, Finch, Stevenson, Dev. Kelly-Evans, Spence, Trialist, G. Thomas.

I think the trialist is Otshudy.

SlowerThanPlatt

The U21s lost 2-1 to Sheffield United. Ben Stevenson scored our goal and was probably our best player alongside Devon Kelly Evans. Otshudy didn't do much of note, so I can't pass any judgement on him.

SlowerThanPlatt

The U21s next game is away at Birmingham on Monday. I'm not sure how the squad will be managed as the first team and U18s both have Sat\Tues\Sat games so it leaves very few players available

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

5741089c504e44ad64ad69477a396ca3.jpg

U21s against Birmingham today. As I predicted in the U18 thread, Sambou and Leahy didn't play for the U18s because of the tight schedule.

Looks like Aaron Martin still won't be available for a few more games as he recovers fully from injury.

No Ben Stevenson though. Perhaps this means he will be travelling with the first team tomorrow or perhaps going out on loan somewhere. In my opinion he's definitely good enough to be around the first team, wait and see I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Couple of them on twitter seem to be itching for a go in the first team. Any of them ready and worth a run out?

SlowerThanPlatt

Couple of them on twitter seem to be itching for a go in the first team. Any of them ready and worth a run out?
Which players are you talking about?

I'd say Ben Stevenson is ready. He ran the show against Sheffield United last week with Mowbray watching on. He wasn't included in the U21 team today so maybe he'll be on the bench tomorrow night or Mowbray's decided a loan could be beneficial to him with a view of looking to get him ready for first team football next season.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes, seen that too. Bas is a very clinical striker as shown at the Arsenal game where had one chance and scored. Don't think he can be asking/implying why he isn't getting a chance in the first team yet though as he isn't even a professional yet.

I'd be a bit pissed too though if Fortune is stopping me getting on the bench.

steve82

Bas did look useful against Northampton when he came on. Clearly a talent, maybe this season is too soon unless we have a injury crisis up front but I'd like to see him ahead of fortune on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread