U21s 2015/16 (1 Viewer)

vow

Trying to find updates from the game, usually on Twitter?

Or is that only Home U21 games and not Away?

Hobo

I think Barnsley have a few new signings having a run out.

wish I was there, come on City!

dongonzalos

I think because we lost on Sat. I am now allowed to ask this question.

Anyone know what Glovers record is like in comparison to the games prior to his arrival.

U21's development should be very key to us these days.

Hobo

I think because we lost on Sat. I am now allowed to ask this question.

Anyone know what Glovers record is like in comparison to the games prior to his arrival.

U21's development should be very key to us these days.

Who cares, he probably had to incorporate Hunt, Rose and Lorentzson just so they could get some game and running time. I think Barnsley gave a few new signings a run out who fitness wise might be ahead of ours. Results are not the measure at this level.

dongonzalos

Who cares, he probably had to incorporate Hunt, Rose and Lorentzson just so they could get some game and running time. I think Barnsley gave a few new signings a run out who fitness wise might be ahead of ours. Results are not the measure at this level.

Sorry Hobo
Agree with you on lots of things. Results are relevant at u21 level.

We are not talking 12 year olds. They are especially relevant if in the same season they have taken a dramatic downturn coinciding with a new boss.

However the results since he has been in seem to have been poor, not sure how bad we were prior to his arrival?

Hobo

Sorry Hobo
Agree with you on lots of things. Results are relevant at u21 level.

We are not talking 12 year olds. They are especially relevant if in the same season they have taken a dramatic downturn coinciding with a new boss.

However the results since he has been in seem to have been poor, not sure how bad we were prior to his arrival?

But you can't always pick who you want. Sometimes have have to pull a player in case he is needed later in the week mid game. You have to give everyone a crack of the whip. Systems that the first team use. It just isn't all about results. I know a winning mentality is important, But at that level you can't always play your best 11 for 90.

Hobo

There is a write up on the Barnsley web site. Said it was very competitive.

Otis

But you can't always pick who you want. Sometimes have have to pull a player in case he is needed later in the week mid game. You have to give everyone a crack of the whip. Systems that the first team use. It just isn't all about results. I know a winning mentality is important, But at that level you can't always play your best 11 for 90.
Yep, sometimes less about systems and more about giving injured and new players a run out.

Can hardly plan and prepare for games at times for sure.

dongonzalos

Decided to have a look, prior to Lee Glovers Arrival

W 4
D 3
L. 2

After his arrival

W 2
D 0
L 9
(Including 6-1, 6-2, 5-0, 3-0, 3-0 defeats)

Not sure losing nearly 90% of your matches is great for development.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

Depends how young our U21s are I seem to think a lot are first year youth players about 16/17 and if they are up against 19/20 year olds they can struggle

SlowerThanPlatt

3a6e313c587dcf689b7d0e3c9047f8ca.jpg

U21s v Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Martin, Finch, George Thomas and Stevenson return from injury.

I think the young striker who played against Leeds U21s two weeks may have signed for the club as his name is now printed on the team sheet instead of trialist.

Users who are viewing this thread