Match Thread U21 v Stourbridge Cup Final (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Ex-Cov U21 player Dexter Walters was on the bench for Stourbridge last night

slowpoke

Would be a decent acquisition, a good number 3, Cant remember how much they paid for him but I wonder if cash strapped Norwich still owe any dosh on him. Lot of transfer fees are paid in agreed instalments.

shmmeee

his girlfriend lives in rugby. rugby fans club put a coach on and he wanted to come. lovely lad. not liking his time at Norwich.

We are still in the market for a McCallum replacement. If we don’t go up we could do worse.

slowpoke

Agree, is he good enough for the premier ? His problem at Norwich imo has been the succession of managers they had in his time there, three in less than three years and he spent his first few months here and then six months at QPR can’t be any good.

Last edited:

larry_david

Who's getting released then? Assuming as the gaffer says older lads you're looking at finnegan, bapaga, Reid, billson, possibly George Burroughs?

larry_david

We've risen higher than expected and it's a shame because I guess a few of the lads who were highly rated, were based on us being in the lower leagues at the time

slowpoke

I’ve said on here before this is the toughest of all journeys, to get on the scholar rung is tough and then the pro rung at 18 even tougher and to progress to the next level tougher again.
Have to keep raising the bar.
But those with youngsters on the journey enjoy it, I’ve been all over the country from Bristol to Wales, Lancashire & London let the coaches do their jobs, keep opinions to yourselves, and most importantly don’t put pressure on your boy, keep his feet on the ground.

Julie SBA

Was a very tough and physical game.
we didn't really offer much up front and our midfield got bullied. Rus who I've seen a few times was quiet all night.
Main credit goes to our keeper who made a few decent stops and the defence battled really well all night, We thought both Reid and Burroughs looked quite composed up against pretty much one way traffic.

The deserved to win on the night, ref was very poor and needed to protect our lads more than he did.

Users who are viewing this thread