U18/U21 Development Thread (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Was the ref being over the top or did we lose our cool? 2 penalties and a sending off in the first 20 minutes was basically game over.

stupot07

Happens pretty regularly in kids football.
At that level? I'm genuinely surprised by that. I'd have thought it would be a lot tighter like in men's football.

My lad plays and yes, when there is a huge difference in teams quality it happens, but when teams are evenly matched, even at kids level they tend to be tight games. Admitted u11s this season so 9v9 ans 60 minutes games, but most games he's played in have been won or lost by the odd goal, and a few 0-0, 1-1 draws. That's in the mjpl.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

At that level? I'm genuinely surprised by that. I'd have thought it would be a lot tighter like in men's football.

My lad plays and yes, when there is a huge difference in teams quality it happens, but when teams are evenly matched, even at kids level they tend to be tight games. Admitted u11s this season so 9v9 ans 60 minutes games, but most games he's played in have been won or lost by the odd goal, and a few 0-0, 1-1 draws. That's in the mjpl.

A few weeks ago Leeds got beat 10-3 by Liverpool, no sending offs

Villa beat Norwich 10-0 too

larry_david

Didn't we beat this lot a few weeks ago as well. It did seem like a heck of a collapse. I guess they will learn from it, or we've learnt from it who has the backbone to success and who doesn't. Or it's a freak result with freak circumstances...

Adge

Mjpl is a reasonable standard on a Saturday morning especially the teams towards the top of every age group. Lots of academy sides scattered about in there aswell.

larry_david

Luke Bell signs first pro deal. Keeper in the u18s and will now step up to 23s.

That's Tyler, Billson and Bell now in the 23s. What's the plan there?

shmmeee

Luke Bell signs first pro deal. Keeper in the u18s and will now step up to 23s.

That's Tyler, Billson and Bell now in the 23s. What's the plan there?

Tyler Billson and Wilson all out of contract in the summer. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new keeper come in for the first team then either.

shepardo01

Hes the eldest right? I’d expect to see him let go if he hasn’t forced his way into the reckoning by now. Probably looking for a suitable club who can take him on next season.
Yeah, 21/22 I think... if you remember, he went on loan to Scunthorpe at the beginning of last season but did his knee in the first game and was out for the rest of the season.

Terry Gibson's perm

Anybody going to the game at Nuneaton on Thursday night? I might walk down with my little lad.

Terry Gibson's perm

slowpoke

We do okay at academy levels I actually seen us beat Chelsea last season at u/15 level and draw with Arsenal at U/16 last Friday but once we get to the pro levels it’s very tough.

SBchimp

We do okay at academy levels I actually seen us beat Chelsea last season at u/15 level and draw with Arsenal at U/16 last Friday but once we get to the pro levels it’s very tough.
TBF the big boys don't normally match us up age by age, not taking anything away from results, their boys a year or even 2 down will be full of future international youth players. setups and budgets are superior to our first team.
Billy Gilmour in at 16 playing 3 years in their youth teams before breaking through, crazy!!

Users who are viewing this thread