U18/U21 Development Thread (9 Viewers)

larry_david

Update from Tisdale on 23s:

McGrath missed a game with injury but back training
Finnigan been out since December but been given the all clear to return to training.

Mentions Bapaga needing to get stuck in at Grimsby, i guess this loan will prove if he has the fight and determination to get kicked and get back up again.
Bilson still injured, i'm guessing another 4-5 weeks yet and that Jack B will benefit from his SPL loan, no mention of his injury though but I think he's due back at the end of the month?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wonder if the club might do an introduction to the new academy intake on the website over the weekend as first team aren't playing.

slowpoke

Program tonight at 8.30 on Panorama about an agent hoovering up talent illegally as young as 12 could be interesting.

SlowerThanPlatt

U18 ‘PDL Cup’ was a 6-2 win on Saturday against Ipswich, only just a report now. Peterborough and Sheffield United other teams in the group, same set as up as they have in Category 1.

Manners (2), Rodber, Berry, Moore (2)

procdoc

U18 ‘PDL Cup’ was a 6-2 win on Saturday against Ipswich, only just a report now. Peterborough and Sheffield United other teams in the group, same set as up as they have in Category 1.

Manners (2), Rodber, Berry, Moore (2)

Who are the players to look out for in the U18s?

Philosorapter

Attachments

• SUU18.PNG
    SUU18.PNG
    45.4 KB · Views: 12
  • CCFCU18.PNG
    CCFCU18.PNG
    45.3 KB · Views: 11
  • U18 game 6.PNG
    U18 game 6.PNG
    73 KB · Views: 9

Philosorapter

Attachments

• CCFC6.PNG
    CCFC6.PNG
    77.4 KB · Views: 13
  • HULL.PNG
    HULL.PNG
    77.3 KB · Views: 12
  • U18 game 7.PNG
    U18 game 7.PNG
    110.8 KB · Views: 12

SlowerThanPlatt

Ryan Howley in the “LFE 11” for November:

Since securing his first professional deal with The Sky Blues and making his first-team debut in the EFL Cup against Northampton in August, Ryan Howley has continued to show excellent development on the football pitch and in the classroom. He has also earned international recognition during his apprenticeship, representing Wales Under-19s in September in an international friendly against Croatia.

Despite having to catch up on his BTEC work due to regular involvement with the senior team, Ryan has refused to let it affect his target grade of D*D*D*. Head of Education Jay Grocock was full of praise, telling LFE: “Ryan is unable to attend most lectures on Monday’s and Friday’s due to his involvement within the first team schedule. However, the work that is missed is always caught up by Ryan as he is very aware of the work ethic needed to maintain his wanted D*D*D* profile. Ryan takes a very active role in asking for recorded lectures and missed assignment work. He also attends Wednesday’s education and is a model student within the classroom.

Regarding his actual football, Ryan has had an incredible last few months. He attended the first team pre-season training camp in Spain which resulted in him playing against other professional teams, including Sevilla. Ryan also played against Premier league outfit Wolves in a pre-season friendly for the first team. His performances have resulted in him training mostly with the first team squad and he got his debut a couple weeks ago in a Cup fixture vs Northampton Town at the CBS Stadium. Above all, Ryan is a humble, intelligent young man who is continuing to work very hard and deserves all the plaudits he receives.

slowpoke

There’s some good kids in the youth set up, I think two under 16s are being offered pro contracts when they reach 16 jumping the scholar stage.’

SlowerThanPlatt

There’s some good kids in the youth set up, I think two under 16s are being offered pro contracts when they reach 16 jumping the scholar stage.’

They can’t sign pro until 17, they will have agreements in place to sign on their 17th birthday like Howley and Bapaga did, I think that can be agreed as part of their scholarship offer.

Last edited:

Winny the Bish

They can’t sign pro until 17, they will have agreements in place to sign on their 17th birthday like Howley and Bapaga did, I think that can be agreed as part of their scholarship offer.
Definitely can. Ivor Lawton knew he was getting a Pro deal at 15. Clubs use it to nail down top prospects.

slowpoke

There are 16 year olds who have been picked for squads Wayne Rooney is perhaps the biggest example as he stayed in the Everton team he must have been a full pro surely.

Winny the Bish

There are 16 year olds who have been picked for squads Wayne Rooney is perhaps the biggest example as he stayed in the Everton team he must have been a full pro surely.
Nope. Can't turn pro until 17. But he definitely would've had a contract already agreed.

SlowerThanPlatt

No, they would be on a scholarship contract which turns into a pro at 17. The most recent example is Bellingham at Blues.

Bapaga played for us at 16

Users who are viewing this thread