U18/U21 Development Thread (10 Viewers)

W

westcountry_skyblue

Mowbray is here just spoke to him and he said "we're playing alright aren't we "

W

westcountry_skyblue

2-0 now great run in side the box fby Jones and finish by Thomas

W

westcountry_skyblue

3-0 Jones again just ripped their left back a new one great finish in the far corner

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just got home from the game,First time I've seen the U21's very impressed with the passing and pressing and movement by them all

SlowerThanPlatt

Mowbray on Jodi Jones:

“He’ll play for the Under-21s and train with us and we’ll see how close he gets to the team. He’s got some competition – Ruben Lameiras couldn’t make the bench against Swindon – but he’s one for the future.

If he manages to force his way in so much the better.”

Mowbray on Cian Harries:

“So building for the future is what we’re trying to do really, investing in talent. They might not be for today but I have faith in the Cian Harries’ of this world who are not quite ready – couldn’t even get a game on loan at Cheltenham.

“I was talking to Lee Johnson about that this week because his dad Gary is at Cheltenham. Cian is not going to fall down on his talent, which is good enough for any team. And yet we have to wait for him to grow into a physical animal, to be a bigger, stronger man.

“That’s why we gave him a three year deal the week we walked in the building.

Rest of the interview here on building for the future: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/coventry-city-boss-tony-mowbray-11087098

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Also, Darragh Leahy was called up to the Republic of Ireland U18 team to play in Sunday's friendly against England but has had to withdraw through injury. Thought it was a bit odd that Finch partnered Harries on Monday. Hopefully not too much of a setback for him.

SlowerThanPlatt

U18s are currently 3-2 up against Barnsley at half time. Kyle Finn on the scoresheet again and Bassala Sambou has netted two penalties.

Last edited:

stupot07

U18s are currently 3-2 up against Barnsley at half time. Kyle Finn on the scoresheet again and Bassala Sambou has netted two penalties.
So that indicates Sambou won't be in the squad tonight. I've said a few times from what I've read of the u21s George Thomas is a head of him in the pecking order, so no real surprise he's not traveling with the squad today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

H

Huckerby

Would love to see some of these lads get a run out for a league cup game next season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Full time. 5-4 winners. Three wins in a row now. Massive game away at 2nd placed Sheffield United next week.

Sambou (3)
Finn
Hendricks

Users who are viewing this thread