U.S. withdrawal from Syria (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Or maybe it is designed to crush the remains of ISIS? The Turks won't piss about with arresting them...they'll just snub them out

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think you're well wide of the mark but even if not that doesn't justify what has happened to the Kurds.
Although Turkey has had its own problems with ISIS there is also a lot of evidence of support from certain quarters within Turkey.
Most commentators are also saying this is good news for ISIS.

fernandopartridge

I think you're well wide of the mark but even if not that doesn't justify what has happened to the Kurds.
Although Turkey has had its own problems with ISIS there is also a lot of evidence of support from certain quarters within Turkey.
Most commentators are also saying this is good news for ISIS.
Erdogan commands his support from rural Turkey, the type of people who are more Islamic in outlook.

Gazolba

So it turns out Trump was 100% correct in withdrawing troops from Syria.
The Kurds have reached a deal for Syrian troops to come to defend the border, thus aiding them.
So now it's as it should be; Turkey invades Syria and Syria defends itself, which they are more than capable of doing.
The US avoids becoming entangled in a conflict that will probably last for years.
And the US taxpayers save billions of dollars.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Once the Syrians have got rid of the Turks expect them to turn on the Kurds and wipe them out.

SkyblueBazza

Just watching the coverage on the news and I suspect that ultimately all Trump has done is facilitate the radicalisation of another group of the Muslim faith. Still I’m sure Putin is grateful.

Or maybe a carefully calculated & considered move, that when the hell of the marginalised war hits again they now will think "It was a nicer place when the Americans were here keeping (relative) peace" in the hope that future generations see the error of their predessosors ways, & choose peace? Let's hope so.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Yeah, but the American tax payers have saved a few bob so everything's sound.
A conflict between Turkey and Syria is nothing to do with the US.
Why isn't the UK intervening? Or France? Or Germany?

NorthernWisdom

A conflict between Turkey and Syria is nothing to do with the US.
Why isn't the UK intervening? Or France? Or Germany?
The US decided to try and police the world by agitating for the remival of the likes of Assad. Regardless of opinions over the rights or wrongs of intervening, having destabilised nations and regions, they have a responsibility to see it through.

Liquid Gold

I wonder if the US are looking to save a few quid on Israel or if it’s just Muslims they don’t mind leaving for dead.

Grendel

The US decided to try and police the world by agitating for the remival of the likes of Assad. Regardless of opinions over the rights or wrongs of intervening, having destabilised nations and regions, they have a responsibility to see it through.

Well yes because the Middle East and Syria in particular was a torch bearer for stability before US interference

The irony is Trump is far less interested in such interference as Obama the peace maker

Sick Boy

Well yes because the Middle East and Syria in particular was a torch bearer for stability before US interference

The irony is Trump is far less interested in such interference as Obama the peace maker

Wasn’t he on the verge of dropping bombs on Iran and then suddenly pulled out at the last minute?

Grendel

Wasn’t he on the verge of dropping bombs on Iran and then suddenly pulled out at the last minute?

he was never going to. Trump is odd as you’d naturally assume he’s a war maker but he’s put off not through morality but cost. He’s intent on using all funds for his economy

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

he was never going to. Trump is odd as you’d naturally assume he’s a war maker but he’s put off not through morality but cost. He’s intent on using all funds for his economy

If someone else was paying he'd happily drop bombs and send troops everywhere. The Middle East would be like a modern day Crusade if it was someone else's pocket.

And the main word is 'his' economy. If it was good for America but bad for him he wouldn't do it. Because in his head good for America means good for Donald Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread