Tyson v Roy Jones Jr (2 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

It has now been announced that the Tyson v Jones fight will be scored,and a knockout punch allowed. And there will be a winner. So at least it will resemble a proper contest.

bringbackrattles

That's farcically late in the day to be announcing that, i reckon ppv sales were slow and they've decided to try something else to make sales.
Think the tv people put pressure on the authorities to change the rules. Both boxers said they are going full out to win,albeit by KO or on points. So we wait and see what happens.

Skybluefaz

Quite a surprise that wasn't it? The consolation is that Joe Joyce is such a likeable guy you can't begrudge him a victory. I just hope Dubois cane come back from it and fulfill his potential...in the meantime maybe Joyce can pick up a title?
I feel bad for thinking he just gave up now. For me though a boxer doesn't give up. Especially not a heavyweight.

bringbackrattles

So the Tyson v Jones fight ended in a draw. Didn't listen or watched it,but just read both fighters gave a decent account of themselves. Pleased Joyce won as I've watched a few of his fights and he's improving well, and hope this form will continue.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I feel bad for thinking he just gave up now. For me though a boxer doesn't give up. Especially not a heavyweight.

Having never got in the ring i don't feel i can really criticise a fighter for refusing to continue when they're in that sort of shape. Looking at his eye you've got to wonder why his corner didn't pull him out before that, he can't have been able to see anything out of it, surely? Hopefully there's no lasting damage like a broken orbital or something. Frampton certainly was willing to call it quitting though, he'll get a lot of stick for it i think.

So the Tyson v Jones fight ended in a draw. Didn't listen or watched it,but just read both fighters gave a decent account of themselves. Pleased Joyce won as I've watched a few of his fights and he's improving well, and hope this form will continue.

10 rounds was it? That's impressive in itself at that sort of age given the lay-off Tyson has had in particular. A draw seems slightly suspicious but is probably the best result, will be interesting to see what sort of sales it generated in the end.

bringbackrattles

Having never got in the ring i don't feel i can really criticise a fighter for refusing to continue when they're in that sort of shape. Looking at his eye you've got to wonder why his corner didn't pull him out before that, he can't have been able to see anything out of it, surely? Hopefully there's no lasting damage like a broken orbital or something. Frampton certainly was willing to call it quitting though, he'll get a lot of stick for it i think.
Dubois said a nasty comment didn't he about Joyce's mothers blindness ? So ironic then that he couldn't see out of his eye. Instant karma ?

Dubois said a nasty comment didn't he about Joyce's mothers blindness ? So ironic then that he couldn't see out of his eye. Instant karma ?
I must have missed that if he did! He looked very dejected after the fight, i think Joyce's ability to take the power punches totally broke Dubois' heart, he's got some work to do to come back from this and rebuild his confidence. I'm looking forward to seeing who they both fight next.

bringbackrattles

I must have missed that if he did! He looked very dejected after the fight, i think Joyce's ability to take the power punches totally broke Dubois' heart, he's got some work to do to come back from this and rebuild his confidence. I'm looking forward to seeing who they both fight next.
Yes he said a nasty pre fight comment and Joyce said he will pay for that. As for the fight a boxer should never quit,either let the ref stop it or wait for the towel to be thrown in. Easy for us sat at home watching in comfort, but that's the brutality of boxing, not a soft sport.

stay_up_skyblues

The ex NBA player suffered a nasty knockout against some YouTuber on the undercard. It’s caused a bit of discussion over non-fighters being sanctioned to fight under pro rules. Some justification in it really, imagine if the guy suffered a brain injury.

LastGarrison

Dubois looked awful. There was no spite in his jab, his footwork was poor and I could have got out the way of that overhand right.

There is a huge gap between British level and world level and that was very apparent last night.

Very disappointed and, in my opinion, he quit.

Skybluefaz

Dubois looked awful. There was no spite in his jab, his footwork was poor and I could have got out the way of that overhand right.

There is a huge gap between British level and world level and that was very apparent last night.

Very disappointed and, in my opinion, he quit.
In hindsight I think he's been a bit let down by his team there. Clearly was nowhere near ready for that fight mentally. He was shaking like a shitting dog at times in the corner. It was a man against a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread