Tyler walker (1 Viewer)

SBT

Imagine working in an industry where your employer can just be like "pack your bags mate, you're living in Dundee for 6 months"

American sports are even more crazy for this - teams will just trade you to another club and most of the time you have zero say in it.

SlowerThanPlatt

Bright Enobakhare's club history just looks like his agent blindfolds themselves and throws a dart at a map on the wall of their office to see where he's off to next

View attachment 24830

The Bright thing was hilarious, people were so invested in him and thinking he was going to take us the Premier League that reputable posters were abused for updating what was going on

Sky Blue Harry H

The Bright thing was hilarious, people were so invested in him and thinking he was going to take us the Premier League that reputable posters were abused for updating what was going on

Yes - although when you look at those stats, his first stint with us stands head and shoulders above anything else he has done (and having watched him during that period, you can understand why some were fooled - me too, to an extent) - into hoping he might come good for us.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You're right. It was quite incredible how some people were adamant nothing was going on with him. It was clear as day for me at least, but some really went to die on a hill with that and I could never understand why.

I just went to check up on him. Since he joined Hapoel Jerusalem he played 3 league games as a sub, totalling 71 minutes. From what I can see, he was bombed out the team at the end of March and seems to have disappeared from then. Although I can't find any information anywhere about him, no rumours, statements, or even gossip. The club's website doesn't have him on the squad list though, so I think we can safely assume he probably wasn't at the end of season awards!

What a cretin.

AOM

He was very good when he first played for us in League One and I was pretty excited to see him come back, but his record after leaving us should have had alarm bells ringing really

long way home

Walker, Kane, Waghorn and Kelly will surely be moved on. Cashman, J Burroughs, Bapaga and Tavares will have to push on in pre season to stick around. If they dont the goodbye bus will need more seats.

ccfc1234

Walker, Kane, Waghorn and Kelly will surely be moved on. Cashman, J Burroughs, Bapaga and Tavares will have to push on in pre season to stick around. If they dont the goodbye bus will need more seats.
The bus will need places to stop or the passengers will not be getting off!!

slowpoke

I think our aim is to get Walker off the wage bill, one of our top earners so could pave the way for a decent signing, with only a year left on his contract I doubt we’ll get a fee, bit of an expensive flop.

Danceswithhorses

There have been quite a few posts on this in other threads
For whatever reason the relationship between player and manager appears to have broken down
Most likely outcome is that Waghorn will go out on loan if there are other clubs interested in taking him, which is quite likely
Fingers crossed for Derby offer

Jesse Carver

You'd think he'd get a club in L2 perhaps.

Then again due to there being no FFP equivalent in the NL he might earn more money at a club like Chesterfield than he would at a L2 club.

Chesterfield are in the play-offs so could be in Lg2 next season. Just seen Paul Cook is back managing them - he's had a bit of a fall from grace since leaving Wigan.

NorthernWisdom

There have been quite a few posts on this in other threads
For whatever reason the relationship between player and manager appears to have broken down
Most likely outcome is that Waghorn will go out on loan if there are other clubs interested in taking him, which is quite likely
With a season left on his contract,what's the benefit for everybody in him going on loan, as opposed to just letting him join somebody else?

better days

With a season left on his contract,what's the benefit for everybody in him going on loan, as opposed to just letting him join somebody else?
It's vanishingly unlikely that any other club would pay him what we agreed when he signed (I doubt it's as much as what's being speculated but it will be significant as he was an established Championship player)
So to allow him to join another club we'd have to negotiate an early settlement on his current contract which would probably bring forward the payment date(s)
If he goes on loan they will be spread over the rest of the contract with the club taking him on loan paying at least part of the wages

rexo87

The benefit is for Waghorn. He gets our wage while playing for someone that wouldn't have been able to pay his wage fully

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

It's vanishingly unlikely that any other club would pay him what we agreed when he signed (I doubt it's as much as what's being speculated but it will be significant as he was an established Championship player)
So to allow him to join another club we'd have to negotiate an early settlement on his current contract which would probably bring forward the payment date(s)
If he goes on loan they will be spread over the rest of the contract with the club taking him on loan paying at least part of the wages
Surely you can make an agreement to pay him a severance, over a period of a year though? So effectively it's the same? It seems somewhat inflexible to suggest it's cash up front or nothing!

Grendel

Surely you can make an agreement to pay him a severance, over a period of a year though? So effectively it's the same? It seems somewhat inflexible to suggest it's cash up front or nothing!

When Lee Hughes signed for west Brom we were paying £7k a week while he was there so I’d have thought so

better days

It's a negotiation
His agent would be doing the deal and would try to drive a hard bargain
You see it all the time in football

better days

Not much of a negotiation if that's what he ends up with anyway.
Football is a business like no other
Most clubs are absolutely ruthless when they have the upper hand
The players know that and most will be sympathetic to fellow professionals in the same position as Walker & Waghorn now and Hilssner & Jobello last term, who were bombed out to the U23s until Jobello was paid off and Hilssner found a club in Germany

Users who are viewing this thread