Two more lost for the future ! (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

I'm only kidding, my old man isn't a swine. Being the only Cov fan in all the schools I went to was a blessing or should I say 'character building'?

JohnWH

I'm only kidding, my old man isn't a swine. Being the only Cov fan in all the schools I went to was a blessing or should I say 'character building'?

You mean ridiculed and shunned as a pariah? All jokes naturally.

I've heard "Who's Coventry?" too many times to count... It's actually not a bad conversation starter over here in USA. I get to lay down some knowledge on the soccer brats. If I find enough underdog enthusiasts I can start my own social club.

Brighton Sky Blue

You mean ridiculed and shunned as a pariah? All jokes naturally.

I've heard "Who's Coventry?" too many times to count... It's actually not a bad conversation starter over here in USA. I get to lay down some knowledge on the soccer brats. If I find enough underdog enthusiasts I can start my own social club.

Coventry, or 'Cuvun'ree' as folk say it up here, seem to be more well known in Scotland than in some parts of England. The whole host of managers and players we've had from there seem to have done that.

JohnWH

Coventry, or 'Cuvun'ree' as folk say it up here, seem to be more well known in Scotland than in some parts of England. The whole host of managers and players we've had from there seem to have done that.

That is a funny link isnt it? I think SP would love more scottish players.
Just name the fictional phoenix club Sky Blue Scotch FC

Brighton Sky Blue

That is a funny link isnt it? I think SP would love more scottish players.
Just name the fictional phoenix club Sky Blue Scotch FC

It seems to cross generations as well. My landlord's dad remembers watching us lose to Dunfermline in the Anglo-Scottish cup in the '60s or '70s, along with some players we signed from them at that time who I'd never heard of but were apparently some of the best Scottish players going. Younger folk remember us for being Strachan's first managerial post, Gary Caldwell, John Hartson and so on.

SkyBlueScottie

It seems to cross generations as well. My landlord's dad remembers watching us lose to Dunfermline in the Anglo-Scottish cup in the '60s or '70s, along with some players we signed from them at that time who I'd never heard of but were apparently some of the best Scottish players going. Younger folk remember us for being Strachan's first managerial post, Gary Caldwell, John Hartson and so on.

John Hartson is Welsh.

As for the OP, you took them to see Luton.... wow, glad uyou enjoyed your night but there really is no need to create a thread about how 2 potential fans have been lost.....

Hugh Jarse

2 nil to Luton.
They have a good range of chants and songs.
Which highlighted the need for us to develop some new material ?

It's amazing how everything is so rosy when your team is umpteen points out in front of the rest. I'm not far from Luton and can remember the dark days when the stadium was nearly empty on a rainy and windy December afternoon.

I'm sure our clubs day will come, I hope I'm alive to see it happen..........................but I won't hold my breath (no need for puns here)!

torchomatic

Its their home town where they were born they got a couple of free tickets through school. I bought extra tickets and we all went as a family.
I don't know about you Nick but I wouldn't force a team on my kids. I had hoped to take them to a Cov game first to obviously influence them slightly. I hardly think the atmosphere of 1500 hundred at sixfields is going to compete with 8500 at Luton last night.

Free tickets? Im amazed you didnt insist on paying.

Been there a few times. A nice little ground.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sky blue john

It's amazing how everything is so rosy when your team is umpteen points out in front of the rest. I'm not far from Luton and can remember the dark days when the stadium was nearly empty on a rainy and windy December afternoon.

I'm sure our clubs day will come, I hope I'm alive to see it happen..........................but I won't hold my breath (no need for puns here)!

Yes they are definately on the up !
ccfc currently cant even compete for my childrens support against a conference side!!

torchomatic

Yes, I'm sure. I love old grounds like that, Meadow Lane, etc. Great places to visit.

Are you sure? Even Luton fans think their ground is, generally, a dump!:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread