Two more lost for the future ! (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

I took my kids to their first football match last night. They thoroughly enjoyed the experience and had their photo taken with the clubs mascot.
Its a shame but I always envisaged that a Cov match would be their first game !!

Nick

Administrator
I guess that is important when picking a team for your kids to support, the range of songs ;)

sky blue john

I guess that is important when picking a team for your kids to support, the range of songs ;)

Its their home town where they were born they got a couple of free tickets through school. I bought extra tickets and we all went as a family.
I don't know about you Nick but I wouldn't force a team on my kids. I had hoped to take them to a Cov game first to obviously influence them slightly. I hardly think the atmosphere of 1500 hundred at sixfields is going to compete with 8500 at Luton last night.

Kingokings204

Come on John be strong, yes the club is on its knees as we type but always believe. Don't give up and take your kids to a local Cov away game.

Don't let sisu and their 35 mile ground share put you off.

The JR is exactly 2 months away and lasts just 3 days so we may have some answers soon.

Grendel

Its their home town where they were born they got a couple of free tickets through school. I bought extra tickets and we all went as a family.
I don't know about you Nick but I wouldn't force a team on my kids. I had hoped to take them to a Cov game first to obviously influence them slightly. I hardly think the atmosphere of 1500 hundred at sixfields is going to compete with 8500 at Luton last night.

Shane they have to give away free tickets to swell the crowd.....

sky blue john

They both enjoyed the atmosphere and experience. After I asked them if they wanted to come to a Cov game with me. One said yes and one said no i'm good thanks. But they both want to go to another Luton match.

sky blue john

I agree Grendel its a rubbish idea to give school kids free tickets encouraging potential future supporters.
Also I spent an extra twenty quid in the ground on burgers coffee and programs.

I ask you Grendel do ccfc show this initiative ?
And if so where are the schools targeted Cov or Northampton or both maybe ?

Kingokings204

I agree Grendel its a rubbish idea to give school kids free tickets encouraging potential future supporters.

I think he has being ironic and/or cheeky John.

stupot07

Ccfc have been giving away tickets to school kids, and kids that go on the sky blue in the community coaching courses for years, they have also ran family fun days with free tickets, etc. this was across Coventry and Warwickshire

No idea if they still do that or whether it's target at Coventry and Warwickshire still, or whether they also target Northampton...

Quite ironic at the Ricoh, Ccfc give you some free tickets and you give ACL £20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

sky blue john

Cccfc have been giving away tickets to school kids, and kids that go on the sky blue in the community coaching courses for years, they have also ran family fun days with free tickets, etc. this was across Coventry and Warwickshire

No idea if they still do that or whether it's target at Coventry and Warwickshire still, or whether they also target Northampton...

Quite ironic at the Ricoh, Ccfc give you some free tickets and you give ACL £20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Stu I was being sarcastic to Grendels post I am aware there are some school initiatives with ccfc.
How much would ccfc get if I spent £20 on burgers at sixfields ?
I agree with you its not right that when we were at the ricoh ccfc do not get revenue from food and drink sold at matches.
But what can we do the club sold the rights to someone else. It can't just be demanded back after you have sold it !

The Prefect

If Luton give away free tickets to kids then I'm sure only a small percentage would be actually used. You're right it does swell the crowd. If the tickets come from their central ticketing system they will be included in the crowd figures. Similarly if Coventry City print 300 free tickets for each game (and don't give them away) they would also be included in the crowd figures.

If an adult buys a ticket to take a child on a 'free' then the club has succeeded in their aims. Having known a few people in football over the years they concentrate on revenue per ticket and percentage occupancy of the ground. A few free tickets for kids with adults buying to go along will have little effect on these figures.

Good for Luton - they're having a great season. Good on Sky Blue John for going along with his family. I hope you had a great evening.

stupot07

Stu I was being sarcastic to Grendels post I am aware there are some school initiatives with ccfc.
How much would ccfc get if I spent £20 on burgers at sixfields ?
I agree with you its not right that when we were at the ricoh ccfc do not get revenue from food and drink sold at matches.
But what can we do the club sold the rights to someone else. It can't just be demanded back after you have sold it !

Yes ccfc sold their half share of ACL, I still maintain the view that paying £1.2m rent should have been enough to get exclusive access to matchday revenue for the 23-25 days that we actually use the ground, perhaps even allowed to source our own suppliers. We rented HR in the latter dad but still ran the F&B's, etc

Last edited:

hill83

You've done the right thing. It's their local club. If my dad made me support where he was from I'd be a Rangers FC (Johannesburg) supporter.

I know the purpose of the thread is to further highlight the shit we are going through right now, but for me it's irrelevant to your situation. And you can always still take them to the odd Coventry match.

sky blue john

Agreed Hill.
The problem I have now is I am going to have to go to more bloody Luton games.
This may effect my time allocation for Cov matches.

Sky Blue Dal

My school was given free match tickets to watch the Sky Blues on numerous occasions. These free tickets were my main reason I was introduced and became a Sky Blue follower.

Its aim was not just to swell the crowd but to promote the club to the community and introduce the club to attract new young fans or maybe even a future football players for the club.

Sadly many higher league football clubs have forgotten this and blinded by greed.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Fair weather fans! Glory hunters! Where were your kids when Luton were dropping down the divisions with pts deduction after pts deduction? ;)

The Gentleman

My school was given free match tickets to watch the Sky Blues on numerous occasions. These free tickets were my main reason I was introduced and became a Sky Blue follower.

Its aim was not just to swell the crowd but to promote the club to the community and introduce the club to attract new young fans or maybe even a future football players for the club.

Sadly many higher league football clubs have forgotten this and blinded by greed.

I understand what you are saying but how is CCFC giving free tickets away for 'Home' matches introducing the community to it's local team? Kids generally see things right in front of them, I lived in Swan Lane, HR was my local ground and me and my mates went there. My sister has three boys (one of which plays in the academy) and how are any of them meant to see that following Cov in Northampton is any different to following Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City?

duffer

Fwiw I think it's a good thing that you took them to a footy match. It's no bad thing if they grow up supporting their local team, I just wish more Coventry kids did it too.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you insisting/bribing/beating them into supporting CCFC as well as Luton. ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Cccfc have been giving away tickets to school kids, and kids that go on the sky blue in the community coaching courses for years, they have also ran family fun days with free tickets, etc. this was across Coventry and Warwickshire

Coventry City Council FC?

sky blue john

Lol
There seems to be a grey area with regards to which team our children should choose.
If we forced our children then I would have been a Leeds and not a Cov supporter.
I think then maybe its like matches you win some you lose some.

Sterling Archer

To be fair, I wasn't born in Coventry (Hampshire born and raised) but my Dad and the rest of my family forced me to support Coventry growing up, the swine.

covcity4life

Lol
There seems to be a grey area with regards to which team our children should choose.
If we forced our children then I would have been a Leeds and not a Cov supporter.
I think then maybe its like matches you win some you lose some.

no you gotta force them to support home town

if you ar w algory fan and you get kids to glory support you are just plain evil lol

Users who are viewing this thread