Turner having medical at Cardiff (1 Viewer)

Disorganised1

Why would Turner sign for Cardiff ?

A few good games and he could be going to a team with prospects.

shmmeee

See this surprises me as Turner is a youth teamer on a SISU contract, so why choose to get rid to save wages. Like I said in another thread about Cranie, Turner and McPake are injured and Cameron and Wood can't get in the side, so I'd expect Cranie to be first out the door, also he's the only ex-Prem player in the back line and should be on a few bob.

I think the plan is minimum wages, which probably translates to a squad of:

Murphy, Dunn, Ireland
Clarke, Christie
Hussey, ???
Cranie, McPake
Wood, Cameron
Clingan, Bigirimana
Bell, Baker
Deegan, Thomas
McSheffrey, Ruffles
Juke, Platt
ROD, Eastwood

I could even see us losing a striker and making do with Jeffers and Wilson

That means Turner out and one in one out from there. Probably whoever they can get rid of out of Eastwood, ROD and Platt for Parkin.

Lawnmower

Why would Turner sign for Cardiff ?

A few good games and he could be going to a team with prospects.

Our prospects (Cardiff) aren't too bad at the moment. Decent new manager only 1 defeat so far and a little bit of money let over to strengthen with. Billionaire major shareholder, 18000 season ticket holders, £20m of debt converted to equity in last 15 months,superb academy, excellent group of youngsters coming through in next 2-3 years and spanking new ground. Knocking on the door of the Prem for last few years and although I'd be suprised if we challenged this year, we are building a decent squad here, which I'd expect to be in the top half for a good few years to come.

Things have changed from 3-4 years ago when we had to sell any decent player just to survive.

CCFC123

Our prospects (Cardiff) aren't too bad at the moment. Decent new manager only 1 defeat so far and a little bit of money let over to strengthen with. Billionaire major shareholder, 18000 season ticket holders, £20m of debt converted to equity in last 15 months,superb academy, excellent group of youngsters coming through in next 2-3 years and spanking new ground. Knocking on the door of the Prem for last few years and although I'd be suprised if we challenged this year, we are building a decent squad here, which I'd expect to be in the top half for a good few years to come.

Things have changed from 3-4 years ago when we had to sell any decent player just to survive.

Nice post but with respect. Your not a top 6 team and did very well with an excellent Manager in Dave Jones. I just dont see Cardiff being above half way. Turner could go to a top side if he wants.

Lawnmower

Nice post but with respect. Your not a top 6 team and did very well with an excellent Manager in Dave Jones. I just dont see Cardiff being above half way. Turner could go to a top side if he wants.

Well we are 6th in the table now and have finished top 6 last 2 years.

If Jones was such a great manager why is he gardening and playing golf now.

We may well end up mid-table as last year we releid on loans and ended up shedding 12 players, but medium term we are well set up here now.

I'd accept if a Premier league club came in for him he'd go there (except maybe Swansea ;) ) but as far as i can see there is only us and Birmingham who are allegedly on the brink of admin prepared to put up the cash.

Turner is a bit of a gamble due to his injuries and we may well be the best offer on the table right now.

If he gets a better offer -good luck to him.

Nick

Administrator
Have to agree Lawnmower, he did have a few good games about a year ago and has been out for a while. The season before he was nothing special so nothing can be based on a good run.

Freddy Eastwood has had a few great runs scoring 6 in 3 I think it was but people don't seem to rate him still?

bamalamafizzfazz

Another dirty team poaching from a poorer club. It wasn't so long ago that Cardiff were on the brink of extinction two weeks later they signed Bellamy. The club is corrupt. It was even mentioned in the Channel 4 dispatches documentary and I quote, "Cardiff was sold six months ago but if we are quick we can still get it".

Good luck to them but Cardiff along with Lestar WILL fail in the long run.

sky_blue_up_north

I think the brum deal is more likely, must mean Dann could be on his way, so its a win win for SISU cause AT won't see a penny :blue::facepalm:

lordsummerisle

Still waiting for the answer

Maybe you should try reading back over the last few weeks?

Or years in Sisu's case, though you strike me as a previous huge uncritical supporter of SISU, who now wants to do the same for Hoffman.

I've stated many times why I don't particularly like or trust Hoffnan's "bid", but nobody has yet managed to come up with a decent reason why I should support him apart from him being a Coventry "fan".

Lawnmower

Another dirty team poaching from a poorer club. It wasn't so long ago that Cardiff were on the brink of extinction two weeks later they signed Bellamy. The club is corrupt. It was even mentioned in the Channel 4 dispatches documentary and I quote, "Cardiff was sold six months ago but if we are quick we can still get it".

Good luck to them but Cardiff along with Lestar WILL fail in the long run.

Thats a pile of bollox mate.
The club WERE in trouble, but we were saved by a Malaysian billioaire who so far has put £12m in, in shares + several million more in loans. We then loaned Bellamy on the cheap, becasue a. He wanted to come, and b. Man City were desperate to get rid of him. He cost us probably not a lot more than you were paying Marlon King.

As for poaching, we've had it done to us for years, look at Ledley going to Celtic for f-all, and Matthews last year as well. Its a harsh fact of football these days, so although I'm sympathetic to your plight I see nothing wrong with us coming to buy Turner -if he does end up coming to us.

Don't blame Cardiff, (or any other club sniffing around) blame the twats in your own boardroom who are screwing you over -and do like we did to Ridsdale, hound them out.

Ironically we still owe money to your ex-chairman Ray Ransom, about £2m, he's one of our biggest remaining creditors. None of my business, but why hasn't he come in to sort it out ?

Kuklinski

I don't know how any of us can slate any club who comes in and cherry picks another club who are in financial troubles best players. Did we as Coventry supporters demand our board pay more for George Boateng when we got him for about £500,000 because his contract was coming to an end?

Ben Turner was a bit slow and cumbersome whenever I saw him play, but, last season before his injury he was easily our best player. The way I see it is we are in financial trouble, Cardiff or Brum are rumoured to be giving us £1million for a player who was distinctly average for the majority of his appearances up until the start of last season.

Law of the jungle.

Otis

I don't know how any of us can slate any club who comes in and cherry picks another club who are in financial troubles best players. Did we as Coventry supporters demand our board pay more for George Boateng when we got him for about £500,000 because his contract was coming to an end?

Ben Turner was a bit slow and cumbersome whenever I saw him play, but, last season before his injury he was easily our best player. The way I see it is we are in financial trouble, Cardiff or Brum are rumoured to be giving us £1million for a player who was distinctly average for the majority of his appearances up until the start of last season.

Law of the jungle.

I would be happy with George of the Jungle at the moment to be honest!

lordsummerisle

Law of the jungle.

We did the same when we got Aloisi from Portsmouth when they went into admin I think a few years ago.

There have been plenty of our fans who have always taken great joy in other clubs going into financuial trouble and talking about who we can get from them cheap, Southampton being one example recently.

Thank God we got taken over by SISU after those idiots at Southampton turned them and Ranson down.

Colonel Mustard

Thank God we got taken over by SISU after those idiots at Southampton turned them and Ranson down.

That's misplaced irony.

Southampton got extremely lucky to find a profoundly wealthy backer in Markus Libherr who, if rumours are to be believed, chose to save them partly based on religious motivations. My cousins have been hardcore Soton fans for 20 years, and they were terrified about the likelihood of liquidation - and yes, regretted not accepting the SISU offer. It's wonderful that things worked out for them, but let's not pretend it was anything more than freak luck.

Yes to the law of the jungle re. player sales. It ain't fun, but it is what it is. I think Graeme Souness did cross the line with the Thompson deal though, when he said something to the tune of "We were able to exploit (Coventry)"

Users who are viewing this thread