Turn the lights off (1 Viewer)

Astute

Some very good reading from OSB as usual. Would anyone like to say he is wrong?

Otis

Would say OSB usually has everything pretty much bang on the money.

Think everyone agrees the best option for City would be for an investor to come in. Whether or not that is ever going to happen or not though, who knows. Could be a long wait.

Obviously success on the pitch will make us a much more attractive proposition.

Grendel

The bit I don't agree with is that the ground can exist without a football club which I think he has said. No other venue of its type exists and it is far too close to the NEC to attract real big exhibitions.

Most sponsors exist because of the football link.

Sisu are trying to bust ACL. I assume cash flow at this time of year without our income stream is a huge issue.

If sisu bust ACL and / or take the mortgage off the Yorkshire bank I still cannot see how this ultimately threatens the club as I believe the ultimate success of the venue depends on the clubs existence.

Astute

SISU hold the future of our club in their hands. The longer this crap goes on the less I trust them. The future of our club is at risk.

BackRoomRummermill

There is no way that the RICOH can survive and messers ACL of Pheonix way can survive if it becomes divorced from CCFC..................... unless some other regular event happens every other week for nine months of the year.

The advertising loss alone willl take ACL under given the well published working capital they have and the cost of upkeep of such a building.

Anyone fancy a pie and pint ?

Tonylinc

SISU hold the future of our club in their hands. The longer this crap goes on the less I trust them. The future of our club is at risk.
And do you really think that that matters to them so long as they get their grubby little hands on the one asset that has any value????/

Grendel

But ultimately do you trust your bank? Do you trust the salesman trying to sell you a car? Unlikely but you go with it and hope it all works out to your benefit.

If it does and ACL fall by the wayside I care not. If it doesn't then we will be back to where we were 5 years ago.

Astute

And do you really think that that matters to them so long as they get their grubby little hands on the one asset that has any value????/

Not at all. They don't care about anything but money. Yet we are supposed to be happy with them getting their hands on the ground, screwing over a charity that came in to help us when we needed it.

Astute

But ultimately do you trust your bank? Do you trust the salesman trying to sell you a car? Unlikely but you go with it and hope it all works out to your benefit.

If it does and ACL fall by the wayside I care not. If it doesn't then we will be back to where we were 5 years ago.

Fair play to you to want SISU to make money out of a local charity.

It is so wrong. I know right from wrong. I have morals. I could never change my mind on the matter.

Grendel

Fair play to you to want SISU to make money out of a local charity.

It is so wrong. I know right from wrong. I have morals. I could never change my mind on the matter.

How are they actually making money from the charity? I haven't really researched it but didn't Higgs Trust pay £ 6 million for the share? Will they let the club buy it at that value as happened at Stoke? They won't will they?

Otis

As I have said many a time, this isn't just about Coventry City, it is about the city of Coventry.

I want the best solution for all parties so that no side loses to the degree that it puts them out of business or prevents them from functioning.

There has to be a compromise surely? It has to incorporate a degree of fairness in the outcome.

BackRoomRummermill

Astute , there is no doubt the cabbages of ACL were about to lose everything before SISU took over 'at the last minute'

They were so happy of staying in existance as the club of CCFC were still looking to keep going which inturn kept them going (they were happy with that I expect) they never had the nowse to actually look properly into SISU and to be honest In my opinion I have no doubt that SISU hold all the aces.

i am sorrry to refer to people as cabbage but i mean ACL commercial must have been naive , they problably all moved on now with great CV's on how they saved ACL

What does this mean for the team and Cov ............. another mystery buyer like that prat at Blackburn ? Well at least SISU we know they wont take any shite.

I am impartial towards SISU and if they provide a team which as it is making the CCFC FANS happy then I will leave all the off the pitch to them. I truely think what they are doing is ballsy and when whoever wins, it will all come out who was who, who was the asshole holding things up , then we can only really judge SISU.

Lets see

Astute

As I have said many a time, this isn't just about Coventry City, it is about the city of Coventry.

I want the best solution for all parties so that no side loses to the degree that it puts them out of business or prevents them from functioning.

There has to be a compromise surely? It has to incorporate a degree of fairness in the outcome.

A good compromise to me would be to pay some rent to cover costs until a deal can be sorted. The charity said a long time ago they wanted to sell. They want their money to go to good causes, not continue to hold a lease on the ground.

Otis

Well that's the way i am thinking.

ACL a while back did mentioning paying 'some of the rent.' Surely a gesture can be made of some payment to keep some goodwill and prevent any action against the club while negotiations continue.

Astute

I would say the £300,000 is the repayment on the mortgage they have said they would accept. Is that less than Woods wage?

Last edited:

wingy

Well that's the way i am thinking.

ACL a while back did mentioning paying 'some of the rent.' Surely a gesture can be made of some payment to keep some goodwill and prevent any action against the club while negotiations continue.

Its a dodgy area Otis as it could jeopordise any future action they may have to take if Sisu reneged again in a month or two ,the old judgement could'nt stand.

Otis

Just think some payment can keep the sides talking on relatively decent terms, rather than the way things seem to be turning very sour and with a degree of resentment apparently, based on the language we are hearing from the differing camps.

wingy

Just think some payment can keep the sides talking on relatively decent terms, rather than the way things seem to be turning very sour and with a degree of resentment apparently, based on the language we are hearing from the differing camps.

Independent arbitration ,the only route now really ,could anyone argue with that,Acas or similar,surely whatever they judge would have to be deemed as fair .

This is so like an industrial dispute from back in the day.

BackRoomRummermill

SISU have already appointed proffesional third party people I believe.

ACAS are more employee based resolution. This is two companies in dispute about rent

psgm1

Banned
Turnover is NOT profit!
ACL DO NOT MAKE £17 million
ACL have a TURNOVER of around £17 million - this is a MASSIVE difference!

ACl are making a profit of just over £1 mill/yr - the RUNNING COSTS are around £16 million

It seems this thread is being sabotaged by people who really don't know intricacies.

ACL took out a loan of £20 million to allow the Ricoh to be built. It currently owes £16 million on this loan.

Ricoh's ability to hold events / concerts is limoited because it has to arrange everything around football matches. If SiSU took brand CCFC away, it could all too easily fit a roof, and make it a 365 day/yr event venue! Currently it can only hold 2/3 concerts / yr - with a roof it could hold far more.

On top of that, it is not beyond the wit of man that it could turn into a smaller NEC type venue. All you have to do is go there midweek when an event is being held just to show how profitable such a site could be!

Whilst it is true currently they rely on 20% of income from the club, yet it could all too easily compensate for any drop in revenue by holding more events!

Do people honestly believe companies like Argos, Nationwide, Plumbing distributors care that the Ricoh is home for a League 1 club? They go because currently the cost of exhibiting there is roughly 1/3 the cost of the NEC!

You are kidding yourselves if you genuinely believe the Ricoh couldn't survive without cov's fans.

It would be a jolt - but NOT a life-threatening jolt!

Why else do you think a Mayfair based hedge fund would even consider taking on a club based there?

Cov are the lifeblod of the ricoh - you are deluding yourselves!

SiSU are relying on fans making things awkward for ACL by misleading fans, threats and intimidation. They got the shares for free, now they are trying to rip-off a charity whose "crime" was to take out a £20million loan to ensure CCFC had a home!

Bear this in mind when you slag off "evil" ACL. After all it was ACL who came to the rescue when no-one else did!

SISU OUT

wingy

SISU have already appointed proffesional third party people I believe.

ACAS are more employee based resolution. This is two companies in dispute about rent

Yeah iknow that BRRm thats why i said similar,but idependent fair and binding .
It does'nt really achieve that if they both appoint outside based adversaries.

Astute

I can't see SISU wanting to pay any rent. They must know that ACL don't want to bring action. They saved our club when we had no ground to play at. Why would they want to finish us off now?

All this just to give their shareholders an extra couple of million :(

The Ricoh has no atmosphere and is way too big. We're never gonna fill that ground, not even if we got to the PL. We need a new home in the heart of the City. The Ricoh is like 300 yards from the city's border. Its like it doesnt feel like Coventry

BackRoomRummermill

psgm

in the competitive world of holding an exhibition, who would actually want to come to coventry ?

I have idiots ring me all the time from promotion companies trying to sell floor space in the Excel and the like. People who exhibit tend to like to go where the buissness is they are doing like the AECC in Aberdeen does a lot of offshore shows.

Southampton does a lot of marine shows.

What is Coventry's niche area ?

Compare V NEC

Ricoh Airport links v NEC score zero

Ricoh Hotels in Cov V NEC score zero

Ricoh Parking Vs NEC score zero

Road links even

Maybe we could have a antique fair and car boot aka the sky blue connexion that other great white elephant !

elephanttears

Turnover is NOT profit!

ACl are making a profit of just over £1 mill/yr - the RUNNING COSTS are around £16 million

It seems this thread is being sabotaged by people who really don't know intricacies.

ACL took out a loan of £20 million to allow the Ricoh to be built. It currently owes £16 million on this loan.

Ricoh's ability to hold events / concerts is limoited because it has to arrange everything around football matches. If SiSU took brand CCFC away, it could all too easily fit a roof, and make it a 365 day/yr event venue! Currently it can only hold 2/3 concerts / yr - with a roof it could hold far more.

On top of that, it is not beyond the wit of man that it could turn into a smaller NEC type venue. All you have to do is go there midweek when an event is being held just to show how profitable such a site could be!

Whilst it is true currently they rely on 20% of income from the club, yet it could all too easily compensate for any drop in revenue by holding more events!

Do people honestly believe companies like Argos, Nationwide, Plumbing distributors care that the Ricoh is home for a League 1 club? They go because currently the cost of exhibiting there is roughly 1/3 the cost of the NEC!

You are kidding yourselves if you genuinely believe the Ricoh couldn't survive without cov's fans.

Why else do you think a Mayfair based hedge fund would even consider taking on a club based there?

SiSU are relying on fans making things awkward for ACL by misleading fans, threats and intimidation. They got the shares for free, now they are trying to rip-off a charity whose "crime" was to take out a £20million loan to ensure CCFC had a home!

Bear this in mind when you slag off "evil" ACL. After all it was ACL who came to the rescue when no-one else did!

SISU OUT

total tosh, acl was not formed to ensure ccfc had a home it was formed so greedy little men could get their hands in the pot it was a pure and simple money making decision.

BackRoomRummermill

total tosh, acl was not formed to ensure ccfc had a home it was formed so greedy little men could get their hands in the pot it was a pure and simple money making decision.

And they NOW my friend including all the Bonus boys of ACL and BRich and his merry little men have all dissapeared with the pot and are now smoking cigars in their puerto banus villas most of the year and have a wee holiday in the UAE now and then bigging themselves up. Make no mistake.

elephanttears

the saddest part about everything is people gladly like to talk about profit, exhibitions and using the words ccfc and the nec in the same sentence. it makes me sick, this was a family club in the heart of a city for the people. its all gone because of cockroaches like you

Mucca Mad Boys

the saddest part about everything is people gladly like to talk about profit, exhibitions and using the words ccfc and the nec in the same sentence. it makes me sick, this was a family club in the heart of a city for the people. its all gone because of cockroaches like you

That's what has happened to the sport, because of capitalism all £€$¥.

BackRoomRummermill

Stay off the drink, i do not work for ACL or SISU or indeed the NEC.

I am defo not a cockroach LOL I am far too thick

dongonzalos

Turnover is NOT profit!

SISU OUT

Could SISU do the same without a football club.

Users who are viewing this thread