Turn the lights off (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

at the Ricoh and build a new ground in the city near to the center where all can get to at ease. I personally would knock down all those new homes off Swan Lane and relocate them to where the Ricoh is after being blown to the floor. I would call it HIGHFIELD ROAD, it has a ring to it for some strange reason. This would be a place where the sky blue community can come together on match day and fill the ground to the rafters, win draw or loose and be proud of its roots.
Failing that anywhere close to the center of town. Smaller and compact,
The Ricoh is cursed and we need to move.

Time for another splif...arrrrr:thinking about:

Covcraig@bury

Not sure Steve , but if CCFC go bump then the Council have a Stadium with no Lights on. They would need to have concerts twice a month to keep it going.Which surgests to
me they would sell it for redevelopement.( housing ):thinking about:
If there was a ballot for Cov fans the majoriety would move tomorrow.

Gray

it is EASY to get to the ricoh! get on the bus or get on the many park and rides!

Covcraig@bury

Im sure ACL would care if they lost 15-20% of there income, But I dont care about ACL , SISU or the Council. (fuck the lot of them). My only intrest is CCFC as a Club and the supporters
that have followed them .
Moving the Ground back into the City would bring the whole community together, the crowds would go up im sure.

ajsccfc

Of course they would care (any business should care about every penny), but it wouldn't be catastrophic for them or cause for the venue to become a wilderness.

Evans020

Im sure ACL would care if they lost 15-20% of there income, But I dont care about ACL , SISU or the Council. (feck the lot of them). My only intrest is CCFC as a Club and the supporters
that have followed them .
Moving the Ground back into the City would bring the whole community together, the crowds would go up im sure.
I agree with you 100%

ajsccfc

We couldn't afford to own this new ground, I concur that another is the answer. This smaller inner-city ground will be chock-full of fans, despite this not being the case when we had such a ground but were two divisions higher.

Evans020

Of course they would care (any business should care about every penny), but it wouldn't be catastrophic for them or cause for the venue to become a wilderness.
Infact let's look at it another way .ACL Make 3.4 million a year which could and should be ccfc money.its disgusting we have to sit back and watch a potentialb17 million pound a year just walk off into somebody else's account when it could and should so easily be the clubs..do you think we would be in league 1now with that turnover

ajsccfc

It should be ours, but we couldn't afford to own the new ground we should never have built in the first place. How on earth is the notion of another move the answer?

WillieStanley

First point: Isn't this already an active thread?

Second point: Remember those days at Highfield Road in the early/mid-ninties in the top flight when City fans used to really take advantage of the ground being so central, with plenty of parking and pubs near by? Ooo we must have had crowds of 8-9k! Those were the days! Location is definately the issue, not the fact that things have steadily gone bad to worse with the occasional high since I can remember!

Moff

It should be ours, but we couldn't afford to own the new ground we should never have built in the first place. How on earth is the notion of another move the answer?

In another post on a similar subject i mentioned the story of Torino, and how they moved from their original ground to the Stadio Delle Alpi, on the outskirts of Turin (like the Ricoh) that everyone hated, and that 16 years later they moved back into Turin into a new stadium.

I only raised this to show how aspirationally it isnt impossible, but obviously not in a million years at the moment.

The point was if we were ever finacially sound again, and the stadium was intensely disliked and unpopular, with the right financial planning and backing it could (and I mean a 1% chance) happen, but it is just an example of another club, and certainly is not anything i would ever see as a viable plan in the short, medium and proably long term, for the club.

I hope that once we ever see success again, attendances increase and we find the funds to make the stadium our own, because i think part of the dislike for the ground is that people know its a millstone around our neck.
If we owned it and got the revenue streams to invest back into the club, I think people would feel more positive about the place, but until then like the team it seems to have an air of negativity.

So like it or not the ricoh is where we shall stay, until a rich benefactor buys us and builds a new stadium if there was ever the need/want/requirement (all totally unebelievable) or ACL boots us out for non payment of rent......

skyblue1523

when you think about it ACL make 17million in a year we moved their in season2006 -2007 so thats 6 years in that time the ricoh has earned 102million.Thats shows if we owned the ground we would'nt be in this mess.We should have stayed at highfield road until we could afford a new ground thats it in a nutshell its the club that lost out and everyone contacted to ground wins

pusbccfc

Butts park arena is the answer!

italiahorse

First point: Isn't this already an active thread?

Second point: Remember those days at Highfield Road in the early/mid-ninties in the top flight when City fans used to really take advantage of the ground being so central, with plenty of parking and pubs near by? Ooo we must have had crowds of 8-9k! Those were the days! Location is definately the issue, not the fact that things have steadily gone bad to worse with the occasional high since I can remember!

What parking ? I parked in a side street outside someones house. Location is not an issue its lack of success and poor management. Coventry fans only come out in numbers when we are winning. Keep winning and support comes back even in this division. I guarantee if (??) we are top at the end of the season the stadium will be 25,000 +

BurbageSkyBlues

Are the empty seats the problem? Or are they the symptoms?

Personally, I believe this dislike of the Ricoh is a result of the empty seats, which are a result of decades of mismanagement and poor performance, on and off the field.

The potential support is there, but it will take a sustained period of success, progress and hope, for it to return long term.

When we make that progress, we will be glad of the Ricoh, we will need the space. Hopefully !

smouch1975

Is there not an agreement in place for ACL to sell back to CCFC.

Yes they make 17 Mill, why, because City missed the boat.
I can't see how you blame a consortium that stepped in and turned a dream into a reality when the club was unable too

Changeyourface

You can't blame the Ricoh for all our problems and there's no way we're leaving anytime soon. Having said that however it is one of the worst grounds in the country and one of the worst decisions the club ever made, I hate the place with a passion.

Ricoh2012

Not sure Steve , but if CCFC go bump then the Council have a Stadium with no Lights on. They would need to have concerts twice a month to keep it going.Which surgests to
me they would sell it for redevelopement.( housing ):thinking about:
If there was a ballot for Cov fans the majoriety would move tomorrow.

Really?? The Ricoh would carry on without the club - they don't need the club, they are now losing money on match days as the gates are that bad.

Stand closures coming soon!!!!

Ricoh2012

Infact let's look at it another way .ACL Make 3.4 million a year which could and should be ccfc money.its disgusting we have to sit back and watch a potentialb17 million pound a year just walk off into somebody else's account when it could and should so easily be the clubs..do you think we would be in league 1now with that turnover

Well if CCFC managed their accounts correctly then they wouldn't be in this situation. Wasn't it the club going cap in hand and beginning the council to put TAX PAYERS money in to build the place - CCFC ran out of money before the first brick was laid, they even sold Highfeild Road before the Ricoh has planning permission. Great businnes sense, andu wounder why the council don't wanna sell the shares back to them...... Prob Cus they would run the place into the ground like the team.

georgehudson

HR - south cov, bus into town walk to ground,
HR - east cov, bus to town, walk to ground,
HR - west cov, bus to town, or walk to ground,
from cov centre, or railway station, to our present ground, budget for 45 mins, if the buses are running to time, (rarity)
previously HR cov centre or station, 25 mins walk, max,
in summation, if you live in Longford, Holbrooks, etc., happy days,
of course a railway station when the ground was built would have provided fans (at least 3,000 per hr), with an easy route

ajsccfc

So basically both tend to require using the bus service, so how is one easier? Quicker sure, but the Ricoh is not hard to get to.

Users who are viewing this thread