Match Thread Tuesday v Rotherham Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Go at em.

Wilson
Rose Fadz Panzo
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
O’Hare Palmer
Gyokeres

S: Moore, Kane, Doyle, Allen, Eccles, Waghorn, Tavares/Walker

First time all season we’ve got our best players available. Use them.
Would be fun but I doubt O'Hare is ready to start.

fatso

We will look to be compact and tight defensively and will probably start with 1 upfront.
They will do the same, so it sounds like a shit boring 0-0. Unless Hamer can provide a piece of Brazilian magic.

SkyBlueJord

I have a paper replacement ticket for this game (think it’s because I brought my season ticket after this game). Has anyone used their phone to scan the code before? Or does it need to be printed to work

The Philosopher

On the subject of Richard Wood, anyone know why he was never fully in favour when with us? We paid strong money from a rival Champ club, and then played legends like Nathan Cameron and James McPake ahead of him - we got relegated (shock) then he had a stint with us in L1 before we gave him away to Charlton in the Champ. He’d have been about 28 at the time and that was the season when we signed Kevin Malaga at the start and benched Wood.

Clearly a good defender having played upper L1/Champ level ever since.

The Philosopher

Just checked. It was Andy Thorn who thought Malaga was the answer that season, Wood played under Robins but was let go under Pressley.

Andy Thorn era - the stuff of nightmares.

SkyBlueSoul

Heart says 1-0 but head says based on the law of averages I don't think we'll win this, haven't won 4 in a row since the L1 promotion season. 0-0 or 1-1 I reckon.

They're doing better than last time they were up, seem to have acclimatised reasonably well so won't be an easy game.

Hobo

No walk in the park this and no room for complacency. Can see Rothdrham parking the bus and playing on the break. Also trying to con the ref for free kicks on edge of the area.

Fans need to do what they have been doing. Be patient and stick with the team.

CCFC54321

No walk in the park this and no room for complacency. Can see Rothdrham parking the bus and playing on the break. Also trying to con the ref for free kicks on edge of the area.

Fans need to do what they have been doing. Be patient and stick with the team.
Can see this like the games last season against…

Preston
Luton
Millwall
Blackburn
Blackpool

No attempt to play football just con the ref and take 30 seconds each throw in and go down with a ‘head injury’ every time we attack.

shmmeee

You wouldn’t be starting O’Hare in this game, bring him back slowly, don’t wa t another calf pull or worse. 2nd half sub again, tell Palmer to run and run at them until his blisters burst Wood needs oxygen and then bring on Cal.

I expect us to go three across the middle with Palmer off Vik again. I’m just really impatient for that midfield.

Terry Gibson's perm

Unfortunately we are away on holiday.

Luckily my little lad pressured his mum into letting us travel back for the game and then go back and meet them (it’s only centre Parcs Nottingham)

bawtryneal

On the subject of Richard Wood, anyone know why he was never fully in favour when with us? We paid strong money from a rival Champ club, and then played legends like Nathan Cameron and James McPake ahead of him - we got relegated (shock) then he had a stint with us in L1 before we gave him away to Charlton in the Champ. He’d have been about 28 at the time and that was the season when we signed Kevin Malaga at the start and benched Wood.

Clearly a good defender having played upper L1/Champ level ever since.
We couldn't afford to keep paying his salary plus he had a " number of matches played" bonus in his contract which we also couldn't afford.

Sky Blue Harry H

Strangely confident we'll win this.
Blackpool - less so. Kick Patino (skillful) and Hamilton (quick) and we'll be fine. Think they have a few defenders injured?
Watford - a bit scared of (think our run of clean sheets might get messed with in that game) Pedro, Sarr, Davis.

Brighton Sky Blue

Strangely confident we'll win this.
Blackpool - less so. Kick Patino (skillful) and Hamilton (quick) and we'll be fine. Think they have a few defenders injured?
Watford - a bit scared of (think our run of clean sheets might get messed with in that game) Pedro, Sarr, Davis.

If we manage another 'double' this week, think a loss away at Watford isn't the end of the world. When did we last win 5 on the bounce?

SkyBlueMatt

Again I'm going to go for a draw, I'm not saying we can't win and I'm more confident we won't lose.

It's going to be a tough game and with recent results I'll be happy with a point. A win though! Would take us up to 17, with 2-3 games in hand over teams around us!! That would be a great turn around!

I think O'Hare will get more minutes, probably come on with 20 mins to go.

1-1
PUSB

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

theferret

Attendance will be lower than that. Rotherham will bring probably 1.5k - 2k less than Sheff Utd, so unless the last 2 results stir some of the
'casual' locals, I'll be surprised if it tops 16.5k.

Will be more home fans for this one than last week.

Remember we'd sold over 20K for original fixture and not everyone will have returned tickets. You can see on plan that sales are ahead of where they were for Sheff Utd game.

Sky Blue Harry H

Will be more home fans for this one than last week.

Remember we'd sold over 20K for original fixture and not everyone will have returned tickets. You can see on plan that sales are ahead of where they were for Sheff Utd game.

I'd forgotten that aspect (although @Brighton Sky Blue said the club were expecting about 15k iirc?
The more, the merrier.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With our result you'd be looking for victory, but let's not let complacency start to kick in.

They'll be a stern test and very organised, so it could be a dull affair (watch it be a 5-4 thriller now)

Would love to see O'Hare back starting but best not to rush him. Bring him on after an hour for Allen (or Hamer if he's got another booking). Harsh to leave anyone of the midfield out from Sat but Sheaf needs to come back in. I'll drop Eccles out as he's the least experienced.

Wilson
Rose Fadz Panzo
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Allen Bidwell
Palmer
Gyokeres

Moore, Doyle, Kane, Eccles, O'Hare, Waghorn, Tavares​

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wilson
Rose - Fadz - Panzo
Dabo - Hamer - Sheaf - Bidwell
Palmer - Allen
Gyokeres
Subs : Moore, Kane, Doyle, Eccles, O’hare, Tavares, Waghorn​

covboy9

Tricky game this and a real test of fitness, robins won’t change a winning side

Godden injured is a blessing in a strange way his legs had gone a while ago and it just didn’t work with vic

Vik works best as a lone striker and getting runners around him

This is a great chance for waghorn now and ohare coming back

Yes we need to freshen up tomorrow but can we afford to ? No

We have to ride this form

Legia Sky Blue

Agree with those forecasting a tough match. They will inevitably sit back, so we will have to try to revert to being more attacking than in our last 3 wins. The other thing to normally best avoid against Rotherham is conceding unneccesary free kicks and corners, as that has been their biggest threat these last few years. I can't imagine that this season will be any different.

letsallsingtogether

Against Stoke expected to lose and won
Against Rotherham expected to win so ?!!

Users who are viewing this thread