Match Thread Tuesday v Rotherham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Also, why didn't their players go off after they got treatment?

Someone last night said there’s a rule that if two of your players are injured they don’t have to go off. Or something like that

Sky Blue Harry H

I think Fadz managed to fuck all four of them in one go, didn't he??
What a beast he is, we need to source a replacement for him soon, he'll be a massive miss.

Happened right in front of us - I said at the time, it was like a game of ten pin bowling!

stupot07

Also, why didn't their players go off after they got treatment?
Its because they had collided, which is one of the exceptions.
d52c7f056558462c57672fa73f8d0202.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

EalingSB

Just watched the whole game on the way back from Turkey as couldn't watch it live. Had Rotherham comms but the guy doing it was very measured - fair play to him. Thought it was a really good game of football and Rotherham were impressive - Barlaser was excellent as others have said and they had a good blend of pace and players happy to put a foot in.

Hamer was brilliant - so good watching him when he's in this type of form - and it was a sign of things to come having our top players on the pitch at the same time finally. Comical from Wilson for the first as has been discussed, and while he could have done better with the second that bounce from his save could have gone anywhere.

Don't think it was mentioned in the thread but Hakeem Odoffin should have been sent off. Soon after he was booked, he pulled back Palmer just outside the area right in front of the referee; Palmer was furious and Odoffin was immediately subbed to save him being sent off. Thought the ref was decent all in all, although always great to see teams pay for their time-wasting.

Last edited:

Otis

Only just seen the Rotherham manager's comments re the penalty.

Conned the ref? Replay shows it was a nailed on pen doesn't it? Wood sticks his leg out and catches O'Hare.

WestEndAgro

Wilson was at fault for the first, but several errors prior to the goal going in.
I think he was unfortunate with the second.
Palmer is improving week on week, clearly talented and certainly not lazy, the opposite imo, just doesn't chase lost causes, which I believe is a positive.
Why waste energy when clearly no chance of getting possession.
100% nailed on penalty.
A good point all in all, against a strong, resilient Rotherham side.

kg82

Only just seen the Rotherham manager's comments re the penalty.

Conned the ref? Replay shows it was a nailed on pen doesn't it? Wood sticks his leg out and catches O'Hare.
I’ve said the same. Wood didn’t get his body in front of O’Hare, only his leg. He’s tripped COH (you can see he’s not diving from the way he’s fallen). Sour grapes anybody saying that’s not a pen or a soft pen. One Rotherham fan said it’s not a pen, but I’d be shouting for it all day if it was at the other end… confusing logic

Users who are viewing this thread