Tuesday 5th March (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

I’m not sure if this has been covered off, apologies if it has..

With the EFL wanting an update formally from the club by tomorrow, how significant is this? What happens if the club stays quiet??

I’m assuming nothing for the moment?

Nick

Administrator
The club will be in constant contact, its not something that will be done publicly is it?

SkyBlueCRJ

Even though it's clear that they're awaiting the outcome of the Supreme Court decision I wonder if each party will offer any sort of update. As surely an official statement from both the club and the EFL will be sent out.

Sbarcher

What if this happens.......
March 5th comes and goes, we have no ground agreement.
EFL special meeting votes to keep us in League, but still no ground agreement.
Season ends, still no ground agreement.

Nick

Administrator

We would chill on Sunday. (With no ground agreement)

jas365

I was asking this last week, no one seems to know. This is pretty crucial in all this! Still don't see 75% of clubs opting to throw us out?

Liquid Gold

In reality nothing will happen before the end of April, this is just a date set where the football league will start looking at alternative arrangements although I'm sure they've been in constant contact with the club about their plans.

block16

If we’re not voted out does that effectively mean we can try to ground share with any club in the country and not just in Coventry as the football league would have lost its chance to enforce that ?

Ccfcsj

In Fisher we trust - we'll have Highfield Road 2 announced tomorrow :nurse: - in reality, probably end up hiring the memorial park with some temporary stands :depressed:

Before anybody jumps up and down this is a tongue in cheek comment

Sbarcher

In Fisher we trust - we'll have Highfield Road 2 announced tomorrow :nurse: - in reality, probably end up hiring the memorial park with some temporary stands :depressed:

Is that your tongue in Fisher's cheeks?

SkyblueBazza

BBC Sport...And speaking on behalf of the club's owners Sisu/Otium Entertainment Ltd, Fisher said Coventry fans should "not feel too dismayed" and "they soon hope to have some sun on the uplands" and "crack the Enigma Code at the Ricoh."

1. What Coventry fan will EVER trust this idiot who has let us down many times previous?
2. What tw*t-speak is that?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ccfcsj

BBC Sport...And speaking on behalf of the club's owners Sisu/Otium Entertainment Ltd, Fisher said Coventry fans should "not feel too dismayed" and "they soon hope to have some sun on the uplands" and "crack the Enigma Code at the Ricoh."

1. What Coventry fan will EVER trust this idiot who has let us down many times previous?
2. What tw*t-speak is that?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We all know this was BS (what isn't that comes out of his mouth). I'm sure nobody can disagree with comment 1 at least - can they????

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If nothing is done, the EFL will call the Extraordinary Meeting to vote on chucking us out the league.

Even at the (I think it will go to one) EGM, no matter how the other clubs vote it won’t sort the issue of the ground out.

I’d very surprised if 75% + of the Clubs would vote against us, but if they don’t the issue with the ground will still stand. Which makes the timing of any EGM strange, unless it’s not a simple case of expulsion or no expulsion. Will there be multiple options to vote on? points deduction? Relegation? Then ultimately expulsion from the league?

Ccfcsj

The big question in my mind is, if we have no ground to play on and the clubs don't vote to kick us out, what will happen if we still have no ground at the start of next season? Will we have to play all teams twice away from home?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Tomorrow isn't really important . They'll fob off the EFL with "well we want to play at the Ricoh but you'd better ask our landlord"
More importantly is that tomorrow is pancake Day.

chiefdave

I’m not sure? The EFL were completely transparent with the initial letter to the club so who knows...
The EFL have said they are in constant contact with the club. I'd be surprised if the club didn't know about that letter well in advance.

Tomorrow deadline is nothing really. Just means the vote will be scheduled so in reality we have until the day of the vote to sort something. Even then it needs the other clubs to vote us out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think that if it got to the start of the season they'd play that season with 44 league games (i.e. no-one plays us) instead of 46 and then reduce the number of clubs relegated at the end of that season by one for the following season.

Tomorrow is deadline for an update and I can't see them calling the vote to kick us out yet - if we got somewhere to play before the start of next season and they'd kicked us out the league then you can bet the lawyers will be all over them.

Ccfcsj

I think that if it got to the start of the season they'd play that season with 44 league games (i.e. no-one plays us) instead of 46 and then reduce the number of clubs relegated at the end of that season by one for the following season.

Tomorrow is deadline for an update and I can't see them calling the vote to kick us out yet - if we got somewhere to play before the start of next season and they'd kicked us out the league then you can bet the lawyers will be all over them.
SISU get lawyers involved - surely they wouldn't do that would they!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What the EFL conc up with towards the end of April is what is important.

Londonccfcfan

Tottenham have been playing away from home for almost 2 full seasons havnt they. 14 miles away from their home area.

And they received extension after extension after their stadium delays.

I don't think the other EFL clubs will kick us out. but there will be deadlines regarding next seasons Fixture list announcements and the logistics of that other clubs will want to know exactly where they will be playing Coventry logistically.
No one has the foggiest how long this will linger.

Londonccfcfan

Also as someone else highlighted on different thread a few weeks back.

This time last year around 8th March The early Bird season ticket offer was released.

steve82

Tottenham have been playing away from home for almost 2 full seasons havnt they. 14 miles away from their home area.

And they received extension after extension after their stadium delays.

I don't think the other EFL clubs will kick us out. but there will be deadlines regarding next seasons Fixture list announcements and the logistics of that other clubs will want to know exactly where they will be playing Coventry logistically.
No one has the foggiest how long this will linger.

I see the Tottenham deal branded about as a marker but the circumstances are different in my eyes as they have a home they are redeveloping the site in the heavily populated city of London.

The only viable alternative for spurs was to loan a stadium and also that deal wasn’t struck with the EFL and no rules as such breached in terms of stating the home venue for the following season.

A totally different scenario with a different governing body If I right in thinking as the premier league broke away from the football league.

Like you I’m confident the other EFL clubs won’t be as harsh when voting on the threatened expulsion.
We are in a breach of rules but in exceptional circumstances so I’m confident a resolution will be on the cards in some capacity from the EFL.

I believe our existence will continue just how or to what implications is a guess or optimism at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

Even at the (I think it will go to one) EGM, no matter how the other clubs vote it won’t sort the issue of the ground out.

I’d very surprised if 75% + of the Clubs would vote against us, but if they don’t the issue with the ground will still stand. Which makes the timing of any EGM strange, unless it’s not a simple case of expulsion or no expulsion. Will there be multiple options to vote on? points deduction? Relegation? Then ultimately expulsion from the league?
Points deduction! Nah! Not a chance, they aren’t doing anything about Blackpool who the courts have appointed an administrator to run them

Londonccfcfan

I see the Tottenham deal branded about as a marker but the circumstances are different in my eyes as they have a home they are redeveloping the site in the heavily populated city of London.

The only viable alternative for spurs was to loan a stadium and also that deal wasn’t struck with the EFL and no rules as such breached in terms of stating the home venue for the following season.

A totally different scenario with a different governing body If I right in thinking as the premier league broke away from the football league.

Like you I’m confident the other EFL clubs won’t be as harsh when voting on the threatened expulsion.
We are in a breach of rules but in exceptional circumstances so I’m confident a resolution will be on the cards in some capacity from the EFL.

I believe our existence will continue just how or to what implications is a guess or optimism at this point.

Of course Its a different issue regarding their stadium issue. Just putting it out there how With backing of other clubs and your governing body it’s amazing how very tolerant and flexible they can be regarding your plight. In spurs case Stadium delays which were beyond farcical.

steve82

Of course Its a different issue regarding their stadium issue. Just putting it out there how With backing of other clubs and your governing body it’s amazing how very tolerant and flexible they can be regarding your plight. In spurs case Stadium delays which were beyond farcical.

I can see the EFL having too back down in there stance too to a degree like the premier league have had to accommodate like the example of spurs as the stadium delay is beyond the clubs control.

Imagine this scenario... we are given a 2 division relegation as we don’t have a deal in place to stage games under the reportedly imposed 6 mile rule in the time frame set out.
We negotiate a deal to ground share at sixfields again, or liberty way Nuneaton for arguments sake. We go and win the National League, we’d be applying to the EFL next year to accept our promotion to the league in the rented stadium called our home should Sisu still be in the chair.

Would they not accept our promotion due to the reason of previous expulsion providing said ground met league standards obviously.

Bizarre set of events that need careful consideration from the EFL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread