Trust (1 Viewer)

Grendel

What happened when Grendel was applying to be on the board? Didn’t they entertain it or have I missed something?

Given the other candidates and their intentions what would have been the point. I expect Johnson to lead the group. Kalns and the other Dave we know about and Neil has frequently expressed similar views

the best opportunity to deal with it is to put a motion together to dictate policy. Even this though is unlikely to work. There is a rule that you have to submit prior 28 days of the meeting was difficult as the date was announced after the cut off

Even if you get past that hurdle you then have to get the secretary to agree the motion (right) and then two thirds of those who turn up approve it.

I still cannot see why it’s s meeting only policy other than to preserve a closed shop against a pretence of a large membership and democracy

There is a growing amount of activity on social media at least regarding one of the issues which may result in a change - though I doubt it.

There should be a mass resignation - I suspect as I’ve never had an e mail for years off then they don’t even recognise I am a member anyway

Nick

Administrator
What is this Blackpool stuff

Was Blackpool away when I had to walk around our fans taking it in turns to pose for pictures shaking hands with their fans and all that weird shit. There's a weird obsession with them.

I'd bet Mr Ellis has been to more of their functions than he has city matches in the last few years.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Well your not going to make a differance on here some person who nobody knows.
Yes most of us work CJ goes to most meetings has to work all over the country and doesn't even drive but makes an effort every time.
Yes I can make it not far from my house work days and my kids have left home.
Don't go very often haven't been for over a year why?
Can't be arsed but at least I'm honest about it.
Will make an effort to get out of my recliner and make it next Monday.

As for your reply unfortunately that is a typical reply from all the others who cant be arsed.
Couldn't make that shit up ether.

Have you seen the polls about how many feel represented by them?

Who would seriously want to go and sit in a room with people like Roger, David and Tim who have no interest in CCFC? I have been trying to get through to people for years without an ounce of difference, what makes you think having to go and put up with those slimy little pricks in person would make any difference?

Do you think any of them give a shit about what their members think rather than their own self importance?

Fuck sake, it was only last week one of them was saying he was done with CCFC. You have got the new bloke going onto the board who has already tried to pull the "Les or Frank" line out because he tied himself up with contradictions and tried to bullshit.

Grendel

Have you seen the polls about how many feel represented by them?

Who would seriously want to go and sit in a room with people like Roger, David and Tim who have no interest in CCFC? I have been trying to get through to people for years without an ounce of difference, what makes you think having to go and put up with those slimy little pricks in person would make any difference?

Exactly

Nick

Administrator
All I want the trust to say is what they actually want.

If they want us to sign up to terms that will see us pay Any compensation - then say it. Stop pussy footing around the issue.

We know they want SISU out, but at least come out and admit what they want. I assume they won’t becuase it won’t go down we’ll with the members

They want to play football club owner.

That's why they get played every single time with a bit of a carrot dangled in front of them from people like Hoffman and Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
The only farce is you all come on here crying and moaning but Not one of you is willing to put in the time and change it.
You are a joke you are one of the worst should be called Comedy Gold.
I too am not happy with things I am not just coming on here bitching I didn't want to go to the meeting as I have had enough, but have now decided to attend and put my arguements across.

The rest of you now need to put up or shut up, instead of moaning on here patting eash other on the back and trying to see who can get the most likes.
Rant Over

That's bullshit as well.

How many times have I offered time to the Trust to help them? It would take me less than an evening to get an online voting system working where only members can vote once on certain things.

What about the time I started to make them a website when the academy was in trouble and nobody had the decency to say that they had had a meeting with Wasps and didn't want it any more so I found out by the domain being de-activated?

You can't play the "nobody is willing to put time in" card.

The irony about back patting is quite good though.

Liquid Gold

Just another example played out perfectly. Not a case of "sorry you don't feel represented, what can we do?" it is again "do it yourself then, put up or shut up". I wonder why people don't turn up. the organisation is rotten to the core and needs shutting down.

I'm going to contact the football supporters' federation and ask about the process involved in removing their recognition as our official trust. Wasn't on my to do list but LAST is right, I should do something for what I believe in and what I believe in is that I don't think the voice of our fan base should be someone messed up in a grooming scandal, a bloke who hides behind 'parody' accounts to have a go at people and a man who has lied time and again about the club that he's done with. The trust has been both malicious and incompetent in equal measure and media cannot take the voice of our fans as a few blokes in a pub back room discussing matters approved by themselves.

Trying to join and reform/redirect the trust would be like Vince Cable joining the Brexit Party. They are so far from almost anything I see as reasonable I wouldn't want any involvement with it at all. The 'there are decent people involved' line no longer washes with me or many others as anybody that was involved and witnessed the damage done would have left and publicly condemned them.

They do not represent me.

Nick

Administrator
Just another example played out perfectly. Not a case of "sorry you don't feel represented, what can we do?" it is again "do it yourself then, put up or shut up". I wonder why people don't turn up. the organisation is rotten to the core and needs shutting down.

I'm going to contact the football supporters' federation and ask about the process involved in removing their recognition as our official trust. Wasn't on my to do list but LAST is right, I should do something for what I believe in and what I believe in is that I don't think the voice of our fan base should be someone messed up in a grooming scandal, a bloke who hides behind 'parody' accounts to have a go at people and a man who has lied time and again about the club that he's done with. The trust has been both malicious and incompetent in equal measure and media cannot take the voice of our fans as a few blokes in a pub back room discussing matters approved by themselves.

Trying to join and reform/redirect the trust would be like Vince Cable joining the Brexit Party. They are so far from almost anything I see as reasonable I wouldn't want any involvement with it at all. The 'there are decent people involved' line no longer washes with me or many others as anybody that was involved and witnessed the damage done would have left and publicly condemned them.

They do not represent me.

Isn't Roger Ellis part of the Football Supporters Group thing too?

There's no interest in football in the slightest, it's self importance and politics.

Nick

Administrator
Well if so that's a clear conflict of interest and shows even more it is not about the supports but the ego and status of the people involved.

That's all it is about for most of them. (not all of them by any means).

The type to be head of neighbourhood watch, PTA, local allotment council and all that shit. They couldn't tell you any of our new signings, they couldn't tell you the Leamington score.

Grendel

Isn't Roger Ellis part of the Football Supporters Group thing too?

There's no interest in football in the slightest, it's self importance and politics.

He’s on the board as the EFL league 1 and 2 representative with the Blackpool trust guy lol

Liquid Gold

66252031_328704641365764_6032357721297125376_n.jpg

from the fb forum

Nick

Administrator
Make a parody account about whoever messaged them probably.
What did he say further up which they are looking at taking further action about?

Looks like they have given the social media logins to somebody they shouldn't have

Liquid Gold

What did he say further up which they are looking at taking further action about?

Looks like they have given the social media logins to somebody they shouldn't have
They didn't post it.

Sky Blue Trust: threatening fans with legal action as a way of uniting the fan base.

ccfc1234

They could get into hot water for that if they didn't implement GDPR right?
That is what I was thinking. The fines are huge for this sort of thing. I am not suggesting that the individuals concerned want to report the trust to the information commissioner but it seems a bit amateurish.

Make a complaint

Another reason to bring the trust into the 21 century rather than meeting with beers in hand like on a match day.

I would welcome the opportunity to be part of a trust that could discuss issues remotely every month etc.

Last edited:

win9nut

Yup. tbh a pound for lifetime mebership may have got them the numbers, but it doesn't get them the income to run any publicity campaigns and the like, or hire some professional advice.

Catch 22 isn't it? An annual membership that people renew could help the Trust become more professional, but you've got to get people to do it...
And to do that you've got to become more relevant and closer to the membership than the trust currently is...

win9nut

To Supporters Direct:
Hi,
I hope you can help.
I am a member of the Sky Blue Trust, the biggest Coventry City supporters group.
I am unable to attend any of the face to face meetings held so I can debate, discuss and help decide policy and there are many supporters are in a similar position.
Can you please advise how you feel our views should be put across to the board, and whether there should be any alternatives to current practice?
Is there anything in the Trust setup preventing online votes for example.
Kind regards,

NorthernWisdom

I'm concerned that this is going personal - that never solves anything. It also means that, if not careful, a meeting which will give the opportunity for people to voice their opinions on the direction the Trust should be going, risks degenerating into a slanging match. That would not be helpful.

The board is as it is because nobody wants to stand, so there are no elections to be had - elections that could have led to a debate about what kind of Trust direction was wanted. That now hasn't happened.

Of course there are things the Trust could do better, of course it should be more professional (note, professional doesn't then mean it becomes an angry Trust) and also more dynamic, more swift to react to things.

but given nobody wants to stand to shake it up, it is where it is.

In the meantime, we all fight among ourselves and one thing's true, it wasn't any of us who chose to make our club the shitshow it is!

So how about we focus on how to convey what message, rather than spend our time going for individuals? Currently you'd have to be a mentalist to stand for the board, and that's not necessarily because of who's on it as well, but because of the masses of shit you get from other people. Criticism is absolutely warranted, but there are ways and means. Hell, even Grendel is going for process above personality for once!

Nick

Administrator
I'm concerned that this is going personal - that never solves anything. It also means that, if not careful, a meeting which will give the opportunity for people to voice their opinions on the direction the Trust should be going, risks degenerating into a slanging match. That would not be helpful.

The board is as it is because nobody wants to stand, so there are no elections to be had - elections that could have led to a debate about what kind of Trust direction was wanted. That now hasn't happened.

Of course there are things the Trust could do better, of course it should be more professional (note, professional doesn't then mean it becomes an angry Trust) and also more dynamic, more swift to react to things.

but given nobody wants to stand to shake it up, it is where it is.

In the meantime, we all fight among ourselves and one thing's true, it wasn't any of us who chose to make our club the shitshow it is!

So how about we focus on how to convey what message, rather than spend our time going for individuals? Currently you'd have to be a mentalist to stand for the board, and that's not necessarily because of who's on it as well, but because of the masses of shit you get from other people. Criticism is absolutely warranted, but there are ways and means. Hell, even Grendel is going for process above personality for once!

Which would be great if they didn't have board members who spend all of their time going for individuals.

The first question is, why aren't the Trust asking their members which direction they should be going in? It's 2019, I have offered them all sorts of ways to ask only their members and hold discussions about those but no interest in the slightest.

Nick

Administrator
So a) they all deserve that? And b) it gives you the moral high ground to do the same?

Bit childish to say they did it first!

More just pointing out the hypocrisy. It's very much when the "but SISU do it" line is rolled out about them and they don't seem to grasp why that's funny.

The Trust should be a go to for all fans, they should be setting examples.

RoboCCFC90

I personally do not share the stance of the Trust, their views and agendas over time have become distorted.

In recent times the Trust have appear to of sided with Wasps and the Council, or not brought all parties accountable to the situation and sat on the fence.

It is no surprise that many members are losing trust and voicing concerns of the Trust's credibility or pulling their membership altogether.

There are many positives at the moment surrounding CCFC, for instance;

- Two trips to Wembley in three seasons.
- Two trophies in three seasons, EFL Trophy and Playoff final trophy.
- Progress on the pitch, which looks to continue this season.
- Restructure of club operations, which have proved successful so far, which were designed to progress the Club on and off the field.

Many issues remain, the lack of clarity over a permanent home and the continued discontent over the Club's ownership are just two, but in reality there is no suitable alternatives for at least one of those issues, while the possibility of returning to the Ricoh does exist many issues (both financial and political) need to be worked through before this becomes viable.

While no doubt the Trust should view the on-going situation with CCFC and it's stadium issues as a concern, they should also look to be supportive, explore other avenues out there, align themselves with the Club, continued protests are pointless and flogging a deal to remain at the Ricoh is a waste of time - as outlined above. Mark Robins, his players, the staff, the fans and the Club itself deserves some good product on the pitch and success, it's time to get behind the potential which is evident.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s simple what any normal trust would do:

1) Put financial pressure on Wasps/Council to get them around the table. No reason we can’t temporarily work alongside these to achieve everyone’s aims.

2) offer public support for the club in exchange for concrete plans on our long term future. Be it at the Ricoh or a new stadium. SISU have to do something - time for talking about it is over

A proper Run trust could be a bridge between the council and the football club.

Instead we get division and in fighting because our trust just wants to own the club, they’re massively part of the fractured fan base problem

Users who are viewing this thread