Trust (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

Had a response to my email asking about cancelling membership from Dave Eyles. Has been as helpful as he could in the circumstances. Turns out they have no record of my membership that he can find (which is odd as I definitely joined and paid a pound).

I’ve left it that if there’s no record there’s no problem, but it does beg a question or two about the data they hold and how secure it is. Maybe they have ‘cleared out’ dormant accounts previously (doubt it),

Anyone know Dave? Seemed reasonable from the little contact I’ve had.

fernandopartridge

Had a response to my email asking about cancelling membership from Dave Eyles. Has been as helpful as he could in the circumstances. Turns out they have no record of my membership that he can find (which is odd as I definitely joined and paid a pound).

I’ve left it that if there’s no record there’s no problem, but it does beg a question or two about the data they hold and how secure it is. Maybe they have ‘cleared out’ dormant accounts previously (doubt it),

Did the Trust not do anything with their database prior to the implementation of GDPR?

clint van damme

Dave is a sound lad who'll always do what he can to help but I think they need to start from scratch as far as the membership records are concerned, it's totally gone to pot as you'll know from what you've posted above.

torchomatic

I paid my pound and a tenner for something or other I seem to remember, never received an email from them, not evena confirmation email concerning joining, must have been 6 years or so ago at least.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Dave is a sound lad who'll always do what he can to help but I think they need to start from scratch as far as the membership records are concerned, it's totally gone to pot as you'll know from what you've posted above.
They won’t do that, they’ll lose the numbers and they won’t be “the biggest fans group”

I paid a pound and I’m still awaiting my confirmation email aswell

NorthernWisdom

Yup. tbh a pound for lifetime mebership may have got them the numbers, but it doesn't get them the income to run any publicity campaigns and the like, or hire some professional advice.

Catch 22 isn't it? An annual membership that people renew could help the Trust become more professional, but you've got to get people to do it...

lordsummerisle

Yup. tbh a pound for lifetime mebership may have got them the numbers, but it doesn't get them the income to run any publicity campaigns and the like, or hire some professional advice.

Catch 22 isn't it? An annual membership that people renew could help the Trust become more professional, but you've got to get people to do it...

To be fair if they've made it a yearly membership fee by direct debit everybody would still be paying it.

Inertia is the Coventry City fans default setting!

NorthernWisdom

To be fair if they've made it a yearly membership fee by direct debit everybody would still be paying it.

Inertia is the Coventry City fans default setting!
When I worked for a publishing company, that's how we made our money on journals. Libraries automatically renewed, without checking what they were renewing!

As you say, make it so you have to ask to stop it, and it tends to work.

Jcap

Here's the reply I got from Roger to my asking to leave the Trust... I will pen a reply in due course - being a volunteer is no excuse for dereliction of duty!

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear you do not think the Trust has been representing your views. I can assure you that we have challenged all parties, have urged everyone involved to do everything they can to enable the Sky Blues to return to the Ricoh Arena and will continue to do so. If you think there is more we could do, I would be glad to hear from you. Those of us who are active in the Trust are all volunteers who are motivated only by a desire to secure a long-term, successful future for the Club. I personally have no "agenda" other than that and I have no interest in appearing in the media.

I have passed your message to our membership secretary and have asked him to revoke your membership.

Best wishes
Roger

chiefdave

Turn up and find out
When they have these meetings and only the people there get to vote what checks do they have in place to make sure they're actually members?

And would that system cope if hundreds of people decide to turn up?

SkyblueBazza

Could probably keep costs down by making it a more uniform, straightforward, good old-fashioned stadium with corners to fill-in later if we reach dizzy-heights- & the foundations good to go for a second tier all the way around to increase it up to 50k should the fans come flooding back

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

All I want the trust to say is what they actually want.

If they want us to sign up to terms that will see us pay Any compensation - then say it. Stop pussy footing around the issue.

We know they want SISU out, but at least come out and admit what they want. I assume they won’t becuase it won’t go down we’ll with the members

BornSlippySkyBlue

They could get into hot water for that if they didn't implement GDPR right?
You’d assume so, but they’d have to answer the questions about what they’ve done to ensure compliance with GDPR. It doesn’t appear, from my and other posts, that they have their data particularly secure — if lots of us ‘think’ we joined and they have no record of it...

NorthernWisdom

The protests against the council and Wasps were ferocious. Turning up at the council house so Duggins could wish them well with their SISU protest, turning up at the Ricoh to give Wasps a round of applause. Bet they're both worried about what the trust will come up with next.
Well lots turned up when given the chance for a Wasps protest.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Is there not a way for the vast majority of trust members to vote then?

I guess that suggestion was also ignored. Wonder why?

The funniest thing is, none of you can actually see it and think you all do a great job patting each other on the back and cuddling Blackpool fans.
What is this Blackpool stuff

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The protests against the council and Wasps were ferocious. Turning up at the council house so Duggins could wish them well with their SISU protest, turning up at the Ricoh to give Wasps a round of applause. Bet they're both worried about what the trust will come up with next.
Where were you at the wasps protest?

BornSlippySkyBlue

All I want the trust to say is what they actually want.

If they want us to sign up to terms that will see us pay Any compensation - then say it. Stop pussy footing around the issue.

We know they want SISU out, but at least come out and admit what they want. I assume they won’t becuase it won’t go down we’ll with the members
Think that’s the key — what is it that the majority of their members actually want?

Tbf I suspect that the ‘all parties’ approach is actually a minority in our fanbase, but who knows? When I talk to people that I know that have gone for years, they often seem to be firmly in the SISU out camp. Spoke to a mate that has been a season ticket holder for years (along with the 10+ group he goes with), and got the ‘i’m done with the city, they can f*ck off’ response. He mentioned the ‘fact’ that we (CCFC) ‘turned down a 3 year deal’ to go to brum. When I asked what 3 year deal he was referring to he went quiet. My guess is that the majority of our fans have similar opinions, but again — who knows?

I suspect not many, proportionately, are on here / twitter etc. Most go by Facebook, the local bog-roll rag and / or word of mouth.

BornSlippySkyBlue

My default position is that surely we all want SISU out, but for some (most?) that is the only thing that matters. Not SISU out if there is a credible alternative, just — SISU out and sod the consequences.

letsallsingtogether

"Turn up"

It's a fucking joke. What would you do if all 20k people were trying to get in to the meeting. Absolute farce organisation.
The only farce is you all come on here crying and moaning but Not one of you is willing to put in the time and change it.
You are a joke you are one of the worst should be called Comedy Gold.
I too am not happy with things I am not just coming on here bitching I didn't want to go to the meeting as I have had enough, but have now decided to attend and put my arguements across.

The rest of you now need to put up or shut up, instead of moaning on here patting eash other on the back and trying to see who can get the most likes.
Rant Over

Liquid Gold

The only farce is you all come on here crying and moaning but Not one of you is willing to put in the time and change it.
I too am not happy with things I am not just coming on here bitching I didn't want to go to the meeting as I have had enough, but have now decided to attend and put my arguements across.

The rest of you now need to put up or shut up, instead of moaning on here patting eash other on the back and trying to see who can get the most likes.
Rant Over
Yeah great, I'll just finish work before I start so I can drive 100 miles to attend a meeting where I'll get shouted over by fisherbaiter.

letsallsingtogether

Yeah great, I'll just finish work before I start so I can drive 100 miles to attend a meeting where I'll get shouted over by fisherbaiter.
Another one with excuses, the one board member you all have had a rant about lives somewhere in the Manchester area but always seems to make it.
Might be retired now but wasn't when he first started.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Rant Over

giphy.gif

BornSlippySkyBlue

Rant Over
What about those of us that live in different cities, have children to look after, have spouses that work away a lot (or don’t get home until 8.30pm every night) but would still like a voice in the group that are supposed to represent us? I hate to play the disabled card, but it isn’t that straightforward for some of us. Do our voices not count because we don’t turn up to meetings in pubs in Coventry on a Wednesday night?

I’d like the main fans’ group to be inclusive of all opinions, not just a clique of local, like-minded individuals that have the spare time and relative freedom to attend those meetings. And yes, I have made that point directly to the trust.

But maybe our voices don’t count because we don’t attend the trusts’ meetings.

usskyblue

Typical Trust member response. You can’t complain if you don’t turn up to meetings. What’s the point in turning up anyway ? The Trust nailed their colours to the wrong fucking mast.

And that aside; They’re so far out of sync with the fan base (86% in Knowl’s recent poll) you’d think they’d find a way to reach out to everyone and attempt to repair the damage.

Nah. Let’s just get all fucking defensive and tell anyone that complains to ‘turn up’.

You couldn’t make this shit up.

NorthernWisdom

What about those of us that live in different cities, have children to look after, have spouses that work away a lot (or don’t get home until 8.30pm every night) but would still like a voice in the group that are supposed to represent us? I hate to play the disabled card, but it isn’t that straightforward for some of us. Do our voices not count because we don’t turn up to meetings in pubs in Coventry on a Wednesday night?

I’d like the main fans’ group to be inclusive of all opinions, not just a clique of local, like-minded individuals that have the spare time and relative freedom to attend those meetings. And yes, I have made that point directly to the trust.

But maybe our voices don’t count because we don’t attend the trusts’ meetings.
Have a lot of sympathy for this, and yes there are many reasons- Mondays aren't great for me either. It would be useful to have a feedback system.

There are however some who moan but then go missing when they have the chance to make a difference. Those who could go but don't, make it far harder for the deserving causes to be heard as they drown out any valid point with empty whinging, as they sit back and expect others to do the dirty work for them.

They do the deserving causes no favours.

RegTheDonk

Look fair play to the Trust for their past efforts in getting the march sorted when we were in Northampton, but things have come to light since then and while I accept their distrust of SISU I really do not get this blameless love in with the Council or the fingers in ears la-la-la whenever something bad is said about wasps.

Have they been promised something come the revolution? Do they think if Hoff or ANOther took the club over they would get some kind of magical say in how we are administered? A multi-million pound investment giving votes to a few blokes who get together over a pint and put the world to rights by giving statements to Linnell and Squeeky?

Adge

What happened when Grendel was applying to be on the board? Didn’t they entertain it or have I missed something?

letsallsingtogether

Typical Trust member response. You can’t complain if you don’t turn up to meetings. What’s the point in turning up anyway ? The Trust nailed their colours to the wrong fucking mast.

And that aside; They’re so far out of sync with the fan base (86% in Knowl’s recent poll) you’d think they’d find a way to reach out to everyone and attempt to repair the damage.

Nah. Let’s just get all fucking defensive and tell anyone that complains to ‘turn up’.

You couldn’t make this shit up.
Well your not going to make a differance on here some person who nobody knows.
Yes most of us work CJ goes to most meetings has to work all over the country and doesn't even drive but makes an effort every time.
Yes I can make it not far from my house work days and my kids have left home.
Don't go very often haven't been for over a year why?
Can't be arsed but at least I'm honest about it.
Will make an effort to get out of my recliner and make it next Monday.

As for your reply unfortunately that is a typical reply from all the others who cant be arsed.
Couldn't make that shit up ether.

usskyblue

As for your reply unfortunately that is a typical reply from all the others who cant be arsed.
Couldn't make that shit up ether.

86% of a 500 plus people poll don’t feel that the Trust represents them.

Let that figure sink in for a second m8.

The Trust is is in dire need of reform, or they will just continue to be a completely pointless waste of a Monday night. The mentality should be to reach out to all their members and perhaps repair the damage, not fucking expect them all to turn up ffs.

The problem is; the Trust have gone so far down the wrong road, only a U turn in thinking might save them.

I won’t hold my breath for that m8.

Users who are viewing this thread