Trust meet administrator - statement coming (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

@MichaelCCFC: V helpful Sky Blue Trust meeting with CCFC Ltd Administrator yesterday in London. Trust will issue a statement later today.

sky blue john

Must have been a long meeting if it takes a day to publish the notes !!!
Or are they trying for world exclusive it may make them feel more important ?

SonofErnie

Just read it and it doesn't say anything of real interest, other than a small snippet on the Academy situation. Other than that it restates the current position of ongoing investigations taking place and further meetings with SBT in due course. A bit of an anticlimax!

Nick

Administrator
Representatives of the Sky Blue Trust and Supporters Direct met the Administrator for Coventry City Football Club Limited, Mr Paul Appleton of David Rubin and Partners in London yesterday afternoon, 17 April 2013.

Mr Appleton introduced himself and summarised his experience as a corporate recovery and restructuring practitioner, with significant background in relation to football clubs. He confirmed the basis of his appointment, by one of the creditors of Coventry City, Arvo. He stressed that, having been appointed as Administrator, he now has duties to deal with all parties in an even-handed, independent manner.

Paul outlined the events leading up to his appointment, which are well-known, and described the process he will be following. This currently involves a detailed investigation into all the facts, including in particular, the need to establish clearly which company holds the so-called "golden" Football League share. When that has been firmly established, he will have discussions with all interested parties, to seek to agree a positive outcome to the Administration.

The Trust representatives registered with Mr Appleton a number of serious concerns being expressed by Coventry City supporters. These included the key issue of uncertainty surrounding the Club and its future, and also more immediate points such as where the team will play its home matches next season, the future of the Academy, arrangements for the purchase of season tickets for 2013/14, the position regarding the Club shop and the availability of team shirts for purchase. The Trust urged Mr Appleton to bring about an early resolution so that a sustainable, successful future for the Club can be secured.

Paul agreed to pursue all those matters. In relation to the Academy, he confirmed that he had told both Coventry City (Holdings) Limited and the Higgs Trust that they are able to resolve the matter without delay, with all the costs met by Holdings.

Mr Appleton confirmed that the supporters of the Club are an extremely important stakeholder. He said that, as soon as his investigations are complete, he will be happy to visit Coventry in order to meet Sky Blue Trust members.

After the meeting, Trust Membership Secretary Michael Orton said that "the meeting was very interesting and helpful. We were pleased that Mr Appleton took time to meet us, to explain his role and to listen carefully to supporters' concerns. We look forward to hearing from him with his findings and to meeting him again to discuss the future of the Club."

Here it is :) Doesn't really say much though.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Just read it and it doesn't say anything of real interest, other than a small snippet on the Academy situation. Other than that it restates the current position of ongoing investigations taking place and further meetings with SBT in due course. A bit of an anticlimax!

Ahh....Quel surprise....another "statement" full of nothing in particular......I make that a combined total of 3,547 pointless statements released from CCFC, SISU, ACL & SBT since admin......

...I'm off to watch paint dry.

SonofErnie

Ahh....Quel surprise....another "statement" full of nothing in particular......I make that a combined total of 3,547 pointless statements released from CCFC, SISU, ACL & SBT since admin......

...I'm off to watch paint dry.

Yes that would probably be more exciting and productive!

mattylad

To be fair to the trust they can only report what they are told and to be fair to the administrator he can only state the process he is following. People will have to hang on till the May deadline and hopefully then we will get the answers we need regards the spaghetti mess that this clubs finances are.

sky blue john

Seems to me that all the trust has done is wasted the administrators time and allowed him to add to the ever growing bill !!

RoboCCFC90

"Paul agreed to pursue all those matters. In relation to the Academy, he confirmed that he had told both Coventry City (Holdings) Limited and the Higgs Trust that they are able to resolve the matter without delay, with all the costs met by Holdings."

Please concentrate on finding the Golden Share without a matter of delay Mr Appleton..

Jim

"Paul agreed to pursue all those matters. In relation to the Academy, he confirmed that he had told both Coventry City (Holdings) Limited and the Higgs Trust that they are able to resolve the matter without delay, with all the costs met by Holdings."

Please concentrate on finding the Golden Share without a matter of delay Mr Appleton..

It really ought to be as simple as whichever legal entity the Football League registered it to at the start of the season, plus supporting documentation if a transfer took place mid-season.

Do not understand the delay here.....

sky blue john

Sorry but i don't feel the trust holds any value in this situation. They should leave it to the big boys to sort out !!!

torchomatic

I don't agree. It seems the Trust has asked important questions that we all want answers to, regardless of whether you are in the Trust or not. You shouldn't knock them for trying their best. In the last few days they've met the Administrator and put on a Q&A with the manager and his assistant. I've been critical in the past, but I fail to see how anyone can slate them for this.

Seems to me that all the trust has done is wasted the administrators time and allowed him to add to the ever growing bill !!

sky blue john

I don't agree. It seems the Trust has asked important questions that we all want answers to, regardless of whether you are in the Trust or not. You shouldn't knock them for trying their best. In the last few days they've met the Administrator and put on a Q&A with the manager and his assistant. I've been critical in the past, but I fail to see how anyone can slate them for this.

Q&A with the manager i don't have a problem with that's part of the managers job so expected.
What i do have a problem with is that another group are getting involved of an already complicated situation. Wasting the administrators time on questions like where can we buy kits where will we be playing home games next season !!!

davebart

This statement says the administrator told them he still doesn't know where the golden share lies.

If there were still doubt why did the club withdraw its appeal? Surely they would only do so if they knew for certain it was lodged with Ltd?

Seems very dodgy to me and I wouldn't have moved on to where to buy shirts without getting a proper answer.

Quite frankly I agree that the trust have just increased the administrators fees.

@richh87

Sorry but i don't feel the trust holds any value in this situation. They should leave it to the big boys to sort out !!!

Join the Trust and help them become bigger and with more of a voice. The more influential the Trust can be right now the better

torchomatic

So, not knowing when we can buy season tickets or where we'll be playing our matches next season isn't important?

Q&A with the manager i don't have a problem with that's part of the managers job so expected.
What i do have a problem with is that another group are getting involved of an already complicated situation. Wasting the administrators time on questions like where can we buy kits where will we be playing home games next season !!!

letsallsingtogether

What a load of tosh
The BIG BOYS have been at it for far too long they don't seem to care how long it drags on, and yes the Trust are normal supporters like the rest of us Should we not have our say because without us there is no CCFC
Thats the problem with a minority of Cov fans on here the Club has made them
Anti SISU
Anti ACL
Anti SBT
Anti Pressley
Anti Ricoh
Anti Everything CCFC.

Nonleagueherewecome

He had time to bugger off on holiday, I think he can spare an hour or two to speak to the people most affected by this mess, ie CCFC supporters.

sky blue john

What a load of tosh
The BIG BOYS have been at it for far too long they don't seem to care how long it drags on, and yes the Trust are normal supporters like the rest of us Should we not have our say because without us there is no CCFC
Thats the problem with a minority of Cov fans on here the Club has made them
Anti SISU
Anti ACL
Anti SBT
Anti Pressley
Anti Ricoh
Anti Everything CCFC.

So please explain what the trust is going to do regarding getting the club out of the mess its in ?

ajsccfc

Important yes !!!!!
Priority over, Admin, Golden share, Embargo, Ccfc and stadium unification, new owners, investment, squad.
No !!!!!!!

He essentially covered those things in about as much detail as he realistically could when talking to people not part of the process:

Paul outlined the events leading up to his appointment, which are well-known, and described the process he will be following. This currently involves a detailed investigation into all the facts, including in particular, the need to establish clearly which company holds the so-called "golden" Football League share. When that has been firmly established, he will have discussions with all interested parties, to seek to agree a positive outcome to the Administration.

Paul agreed to pursue all those matters. In relation to the Academy, he confirmed that he had told both Coventry City (Holdings) Limited and the Higgs Trust that they are able to resolve the matter without delay, with all the costs met by Holdings.

Did you just zero in on the part about the club shop and go straight into whinge mode?

golden share must be in ccfc ltd else he would come out and said it in holdings something fishy going on here sounds bout right with sisu in charge. Dragging it out hoping the yank lose interest as he is sisu administrator.

Users who are viewing this thread