Trust event at Albany tonight (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

shmmeee

Isn't that more of a who started it argument?

Wasps getting the Ricoh is way more detrimental to the club than that season away. Taken as a stand alone moment.

Only if you don’t agree with the idea that it’s too big and costly for a club of our size. Which is one thing me, Sisu, and the management of CCFC seem to agree on.

If it’s not too costly, why break the rental deal? If it is, why buy it?

The fact is, it was too costly, the council couldn’t budge and the strategy of knocking the price down through threats backfired. We need to take that on the chin and move on. The fact we are still without a secure home is due to a failure to do that. We are still hoping the legal strategy will work and the place will become manageable.

The Council getting shot was always a factor that would’ve been built in to any sensible model that recommended the rent strike.

For the last time: it is not in the councils remit to place Coventry City above their statutory responsibilities. The organisation with responsibility for CCFC is Sisu.

We have no entitlement to public funds.

Grendel

Only if you don’t agree with the idea that it’s too big and costly for a club of our size. Which is one thing me, Sisu, and the management of CCFC seem to agree on.

Er because the rental deal was £1.3 million a year plus costs with not even any access for training in the week.

The council share was never made available to purchase as wasn’t the lease extension

If that was made available at the start of their tenure ship why wouldn’t it have been affordable?

letsallsingtogether

Q which player would you bring back to Coventry
LB Fleck
JW Madison would have liked to have played a few more games with him.

Q Who was the best manager you have played under except Robins?
Both Mowbray just another class of manager.

Q Who was the best captain you played with not Doyle?
Both Sam Rickets.

Q What was your favourite game you played in last season not Wembley or Notts away?
Both MK away atmosphere was deafening just awesome.

Q What was the worst?
FGR and Scunny.

Q what was your favourite other game you were involved in?
Stoke City in the cup.

usskyblue

Certainly wouldn't want you as a neighbor, with all your correcting and theater and shitty humor.

Now bloody apologize, before I paralyze you!

Awesome spelling dude. No need to be a muffin eating douche nozzle though m8

Magwitch

Er because the rental deal was £1.3 million a year plus costs with not even any access for training in the week.

The council share was never made available to purchase as wasn’t the lease extension

If that was made available at the start of their tenure ship why wouldn’t it have been affordable?
I seem to remember in the very early sisu days the sisu man running the show Imre Ogri or some name like that said they weren’t interested in buying the Ricoh or have I got that wrong.

Wasps being gifted the Ricoh by the council will be looked back on in years to come as the single most damaging thing done to the football club by anyone. The road back from that is virtually impossible.

It will.
However the reason why that horrendous decision occurred is very complex and those who follow the club know that it is far from just the Council who are to blame for this sorry mess.
Personally I think our owners overriding plan to obtain control of the Ricoh through driving ACL into the ground is the biggest causal factor of that horrendous decision. There are other factors that have contributed but that one was the main driver in my opinion.
I think our fate was sealed the day Tim Fisher agreed a rent deal, then backed out.
I think It was an horrendous cocktail of a ruthless private business not realising that councils and charities are not driven and react in the same way that they do.
Unfortunately I think that original plan is still in place Wasps are now the target and I think it will just prolong our situation. I do not think SISU and their business model can get to us higher than the bottom third of the championship.
So until they establish whether they can destroy Wasps or not we are stuck with them.

chiefdave

Imagine what our squad would have been like the last couple of seasons in L2 if we'd never broken the lease and were still having to hand over £1.3m a year.

Grendel

I seem to remember in the very early sisu days the sisu man running the show Imre Ogri or some name like that said they weren’t interested in buying the Ricoh or have I got that wrong.

Well as it was at the time £7 million or so for half share on a restricted lease it’s kind of apples and pears isn’t it

Grendel

It will.
However the reason why that horrendous decision occurred is very complex and those who follow the club know that it is far from just the Council who are to blame for this sorry mess.
Personally I think our owners overriding plan to obtain control of the Ricoh through driving ACL into the ground is the biggest causal factor of that horrendous decision. There are other factors that have contributed but that one was the main driver in my opinion.
I think our fate was sealed the day Tim Fisher agreed a rent deal, then backed out.
I think It was an horrendous cocktail of a ruthless private business not realising that councils and charities are not driven and react in the same way that they do.
Unfortunately I think that original plan is still in place Wasps are now the target and I think it will just prolong our situation. I do not think SISU and their business model can get to us higher than the bottom third of the championship.
So until they establish whether they can destroy Wasps or not we are stuck with them.

Hello hello

Nick

Administrator
Hi,
Sorry too much of a rant?
Just find it frustrating when people put it down to one thing.
That dumb ass decision that will screw us for years, can’t just be looked at in isolation.
You have to look at it in the context of everything.

I think our fate was sealed a fair bit before then. When people like the Manhattan Group were scared off it should have sent out warnings.

You are right, the context needs to be looked into.

Liquid Gold

We've been kicked from all sides for decades but I think the lack of viable stadium ownership options will be the thing that keeps us lower league for the foreseeable future.

Captain Dart

Magwitch

We've been kicked from all sides for decades but I think the lack of viable stadium ownership options will be the thing that keeps us lower league for the foreseeable future.
But Swansea and Ospreys as an example share stadia there are others and who “owned” Highfield Road ? For me what it needs is a deal, 10 years minimum or something and facilities, a shop, proper ticket offices, I don’t see renting as a negative if done properly and professionally.
To be perfectly honest the prospect of sisu owning the Ricoh because that’s who would own it frightens me to death

Nick

Administrator
But Swansea and Ospreys as an example share stadia there are others and who “owned” Highfield Road ? For me what it needs is a deal, 10 years minimum or something and facilities, a shop, proper ticket offices, I don’t see renting as a negative if done properly and professionally.
To be perfectly honest the prospect of sisu owning the Ricoh because that’s who would own it frightens me to death
Even more than wasps owning it? Why's that?

Liquid Gold

I agree that a good rental deal could work but I see two major barriers that can't be overcome with Wasps there.
1. Why would Wasps give up any part of the Ricoh that offers significant revenue
2. Why would we take on any of the £30m debt attached to the stadium

Ccfcsj

Like ACL did?

So much scare mongering really.
exactly - the club would be in the same boat as far as the stadium goes and possibly homeless but with different owners. The only way I would be happy for SISU to own the ground would be if it is on the books of the football club and intrinsically linked

hill83

The fact is, it was too costly, the council couldn’t budge and the strategy of knocking the price down through threats backfired. We need to take that on the chin and move on. The fact we are still without a secure home is due to a failure to do that. We are still hoping the legal strategy will work and the place will become manageable.

The Council getting shot was always a factor that would’ve been built in to any sensible model that recommended the rent strike.

For the last time: it is not in the councils remit to place Coventry City above their statutory responsibilities. The organisation with responsibility for CCFC is Sisu.

We have no entitlement to public funds.

Interesting view.

Nick

Administrator
exactly - the club would be in the same boat as far as the stadium goes and possibly homeless but with different owners. The only way I would be happy for SISU to own the ground would be if it is on the books of the football club and intrinsically linked
It depends on how it's setup. Impossible to say.

We have seen the outrage at the thought of sisu loading debt against it. The local asset. The petitions and fans groups going mad.

Most of it is unknown, we know a third party company were looking at being brought in to manage it

I am just not so sure any rental deal would have been agreed.
I think SISU would have thought why pay the asking price or why sign up for a rental deal, if they withhold rent two things happen the asking price drops or even better the seller goes under and they pick it up up for next to nothing.
I think their mistake was in private business the seller would have seen this as well and brokered a deal to suit both parties.
Instead they were dealing with a council and a charity. In these circumstances different rules applied. It worked out very different to what SISU expected.
Now we are in Chapter two, except this time the other party is Wasps. I have no idea how it will turn out this time. However whilst it goes on we sit as we are.

martcov

Because they might use it as security to take out millions in debt to pay themselves back. Can't have that, people would be up in arms.

Exactly. If Wasps do that and screw up, as could be the case, it’s one thing, but I wouldn’t want the Wasps‘ present scenario for CCFC. The cheap rent deal has kept us afloat, whilst Wasps have the problem of maintaining and marketing the stadium. Ownership is only good when you get the stadium much cheaper than Wasps did. Tim said so at the time Wasps took over. He said he wouldn’t have taken that deal. He appears to have been right on this occasion.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The problem here is ACL and how it’s set up. If that company was dissolved, breaking all contracts, it is possible that Wasps and CCFC could run it the way Swansea and Ospreys do.

ACL is a web of management companies, Convoluted deals (compass, IEC etc) it’s not going to make money

As much as I detest wasps - if they had the rugby income, we took football income and we split the rest 50/50 - if ACL didn’t exist it, it could work

Users who are viewing this thread