Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (5 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I wish the world was at peace - it’s not. How any Christian leader can bomb a country like Syria in the state it’s in is beyond me but I don’t make geo political decisions that affect peoples lives thank god
The state of Yemen is worse. Apparently we’re the second largest supplier of arms to Saudi Arabia to use in the conflict and the single biggest supplier of aid to the victims. Go figure.

Sky Blue Pete

Let’s be honest, it’s about time the West generally stopped fucking interfering elsewhere - which for some will be an unpopular position. The USA and the UK were the main protagonists in helping to create the power vacuum the saw the creation and rise of ISIS.
Then we leave the Chinese treatment of the muslims in their country without action

tisza

Let’s be honest, it’s about time the West generally stopped fucking interfering elsewhere - which for some will be an unpopular position. The USA and the UK were the main protagonists in helping to create the power vacuum the saw the creation and rise of ISIS.
It's either everyone stops interfering or no-one does.
Syrian conflict was drawn out as Russia backed Assad for their own purposes. Iraq and Yemen will continue to be proxy battlegrounds for proponents of either side of Islamic "war" as someone will arm them.
The West stops selling arms to certain parties then Chinese and Russian manufacturers will step in.
You can't take an international NIMBY approach when other nation states will look to capitalise.
What these conflicts highlight is how ineffectual the UN is particularly on security issues when certain countries can veto measures to serve their own interests.

wingy

Well will he go for it with his own party ,a Teaparty revival .
What about an offspring or a Nigel like runner to swing the Rep's his way ?

shmmeee

Well will he go for it with his own party ,a Teaparty revival .
What about an offspring or a Nigel like runner to swing the Rep's his way ?

Why would he? He’s the most powerful Republican politician by a long way. They’ll keep dancing to his tune while we still controls so much of their voter base.

It’sabatch87

Omg what a state,Doesn’t know what day it is!!!
Biden completely forgets what he’s talking about and mumbles incoherently at camera in excruciating press conference

Skybluefaz

Biden completely forgets what he’s talking about and mumbles incoherently at camera in excruciating press conference

Cheers Sunbot

clint van damme

I think he's got your login

shmmeee

Did you even watch the video?

NorthernWisdom

The Sun said:
QAnon Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene questioned how fit the president is to serve.

"Joe Biden is stumbling so badly that he can’t even answer questions in a manner that makes sense," she tweeted.

Forget the actual report, should a major media source be giving oxygen to these nutters? They're hardly appropriate political commentators!

ajsccfc

I can't believe the lunatic who tried to impeach Biden on his first day would think he's unfit for office. Although when you see what else she thinks it's actually a ringing endorsement of his suitability.

Greene has promoted multiple baseless conspiracy theories, including the claim that Hillary Clinton is responsible for a series of murders; that Democratic Party elites are responsible for a satanic child sex trafficking ring; that the government orchestrated the 2017 Las Vegas shooting; that the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida, was a "false flag" attack intended to help introduce gun control; that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was staged; that Barack Obama and his advisor Valerie Jarrett were secretly Muslim and that the September 11 attack on the Pentagon was fake. Greene also promoted the false anti-Semitic conspiracy claim that the 2018 Camp Fire, a deadly wildfire in California, was caused by Rothschild Inc. "space solar generators".

Greene has said there are links between Hillary Clinton and pedophilia and human sacrifice and, in 2017, speculated that the Pizzagate conspiracy theory is real. Greene claimed Clinton murdered her political enemies in a revival of the "Clinton Kill List" conspiracy theory.[7] In one of her own videos, posted to YouTube in 2018, Greene suggested John F. Kennedy Jr.'s death in a plane crash in 1999 was a "Clinton murder" because he was a possible rival to her for a New York senate seat.

Greene supported the debunked far-right QAnon conspiracy theory, saying in videos posted in 2017 on Facebook that the theories were "worth listening to". She stated in a video, "There's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles out, and I think we have the president to do it."

ITSAPIZZAGATE87

Brighton Sky Blue

i remember when a certain southern based sky blue laughed at me when I said they would do this

Biden isn’t supporting this though is he, unusually for him he has promised the much more substantive and praiseworthy act of completely withdrawing from Afghanistan by September. He does that I’ll be surprised but very pleased.

He is wary of just expanding the SC as it sets a precedent of each party rigging it when they get in power. These proposals just like the recent one to turn DC into the 51st state will die in the Senate. Shame that the Democrats didn’t obstruct Barrett’s appointment when they had the chance eh.

SBT

Biden isn’t supporting this though is he, unusually for him he has promised the much more substantive and praiseworthy act of completely withdrawing from Afghanistan by September. He does that I’ll be surprised but very pleased.

He is wary of just expanding the SC as it sets a precedent of each party rigging it when they get in power. These proposals just like the recent one to turn DC into the 51st state will die in the Senate. Shame that the Democrats didn’t obstruct Barrett’s appointment when they had the chance eh.

What were the Democrats’ options to obstruct ACB? From a legislative point of view, there was pretty much nothing they could do.

Also surprised you’re praising Biden’s Afghanistan decision - the Trump admin had already agreed a full withdrawal by May!

Brighton Sky Blue

What were the Democrats’ options to obstruct ACB? From a legislative point of view, there was pretty much nothing they could do.

Also surprised you’re praising Biden’s Afghanistan decision - the Trump admin had already agreed a full withdrawal by May!

I will praise it happening when it does. On Barrett there were plenty of options that could have been employed to stall the nomination until after the election:

They didn’t attempt to do so for political reasons going into the election to try and boost turnout. If the position were reversed and they were faced with a 6-3 progressive court, the Republicans would have obstructed it to the maximum extent.

shmmeee

I will praise it happening when it does. On Barrett there were plenty of options that could have been employed to stall the nomination until after the election:

They didn’t attempt to do so for political reasons going into the election to try and boost turnout. If the position were reversed and they were faced with a 6-3 progressive court, the Republicans would have obstructed it to the maximum extent.

Well they did when it was what? 4-4? Under Obama?

Brighton Sky Blue

Well they did when it was what? 4-4? Under Obama?

They blocked Merrick Garland’s nomination for 10 months, but did also control the Senate. In this case the Dems still controlled the House and there was a relatively short time until the election.

They just didn’t want to put up a fight and it was quite deliberate.

SBT

I don't think it was about not wanting to put up a fight - Senate Democrats did try some of the delay tactics listed in that memo above, and they didn't work. Other options (Impeachment? Really?) were a nonstarter. I agree with you that they had one eye on the election - I have no idea if swing state voters felt able to vote Democrat in November because they didn't explicitly say they were going to pack the court, but it certainly wouldn't have helped Biden's pitch as a bipartisan alternative.

The Dems also had the problem of setting precedent - the Garland nomination showed that the ONLY thing which matters in getting Supreme Court justices confirmed is control of the Senate. With the strong likelihood of a Biden WH/GOP Senate at that point, ripping up the Senate rulebook would have been an invitation for McConnell to take even more liberties than he would have done anyway had he still been majority leader after January 20. And it still wouldn't have likely made a difference in getting ACB confirmed. Frustrating from a left-wing activist POV, but I can see the rationale behind not going thermonuclear.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think it was about not wanting to put up a fight - Senate Democrats did try some of the delay tactics listed in that memo above, and they didn't work. Other options (Impeachment? Really?) were a nonstarter. I agree with you that they had one eye on the election - I have no idea if swing state voters felt able to vote Democrat in November because they didn't explicitly say they were going to pack the court, but it certainly wouldn't have helped Biden's pitch as a bipartisan alternative.

The Dems also had the problem of setting precedent - the Garland nomination showed that the ONLY thing which matters in getting Supreme Court justices confirmed is control of the Senate. With the strong likelihood of a Biden WH/GOP Senate at that point, ripping up the Senate rulebook would have been an invitation for McConnell to take even more liberties than he would have done anyway had he still been majority leader after January 20. And it still wouldn't have likely made a difference in getting ACB confirmed. Frustrating from a left-wing activist POV, but I can see the rationale behind not going thermonuclear.

They now have the bigger problem of setting the precedent of just expanding the SC to stack it in their favour, which if done repeatedly defeats the purpose of the institution. My point here is that McConnell always goes thermonuclear, and so usually always gets what he wants. The GOP must have sent a repeal Obamacare paper to Obama's desk dozens of times, not because they thought he'd ever sign it but to keep the pressure up.

The Dems never go thermonuclear unless it's to blunt the progressive wing of the party. As it is, even if Biden wants to put incremental changes in place it can be easily slapped down by the stacked court.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Rep's blocked Obama's pick. Had it been the other way round you know McConnell would've done everything he could to block the appointment.

Can't see this actually happening. Would just lead to a House of Lords situation in the States to ensure whoever has the presidency controls the court.

Brighton Sky Blue

On this point they actually didn't, some troops were still remaining under those plans. Yes I'd like them all gone years ago but a commitment to them all being gone and the reasoning he gave (Bin Laden dead and Al Qaeda neutralised) was pleasing.

Not that he's going to pursue a $15 minimum wage, give people healthcare or legalise marijuana, but it's something.

Users who are viewing this thread