Trouble in Swindon (1 Viewer)

Gaz

I can't wait for Swindon to come up to Cov after today's game.
Really Looking forward to it.

Astute

Wood End is posh if you compare it to Swindon :D

Astute

So thats where Neilyboy, your very own Danny Dyer comes from? A quick Google search confirms it is a dump.

You mean you did a google search on Swindon? Lots of sound people there. It keeps escaping the slum clearances though.

Astute

Depends what part of Swindon you are looking at, like most places really. One of the lowest crime rates in the country round here, makes our car insurance much cheaper

That's because they got fook all to get nicked :D

jon_stfc

You mean you did a google search on Swindon? Lots of sound people there. It keeps escaping the slum clearances though.

Why would I do a Google search on Swindon, I live here. Some of it is a bit rough, but on the whole its ok, after all, we gave the world Bille Piper :laugh::p

Astute

We leave our doors unlocked and windows open when we go out where I live. Crime is close to zero. Swindon not as good as that.

Astute

Why would I do a Google search on Swindon, I live here. Some of it is a bit rough, but on the whole its ok, after all, we gave the world Bille Piper :laugh::p
Bet she couldn't wait to escape.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Jon, going slightly off subject (you might appreciate the distraction), but how on earth does Swindon get away with that Magic Roundabout? When you wrote about it yesterday I thought it was going to be like any other round about. Turns out its like NO other round about! Very odd I thought :)

neilyboy67

So thats where Neilyboy, your very own Danny Dyer comes from? A quick Google search confirms it is a dump.
im back, danny dyer? anyway aint you got better things to do in nomark land then spend time on here? my lads good at geography and actually asked me where swindon is in fact i struggled it is in a county called wiltshire innit? fucked if i know would never have good reason to go near the place. Glad you checked out tile hill mate pop over for a pint sometime.

pusbccfc

They 'large' away attendances are all local in comparison to us? Bristol and Oxford are up the road.

jon_stfc

Jon, going slightly off subject (you might appreciate the distraction), but how on earth does Swindon get away with that Magic Roundabout? When you wrote about it yesterday I thought it was going to be like any other round about. Turns out its like NO other round about! Very odd I thought :)

You get used to it after a few years, almost defensive of it really. In principle it works quite well except when you get large numbers who have never had the pleasure of sailing it. Saying that, it is an odd construction, basically 1 central roundabout with 5 small roundabouts around it. It even has its own calendar

jon_stfc

im back, danny dyer? anyway aint you got better things to do in nomark land then spend time on here? my lads good at geography and actually asked me where swindon is in fact i struggled it is in a county called wiltshire innit? fucked if i know would never have good reason to go near the place. Glad you checked out tile hill mate pop over for a pint sometime.

Good luck with the Jeremy Kyle auditions, your proper nawty, 'innit'

pusbccfc

And Plymouth? And this was in League 2

But for Plymouth, Swindon is local compared to other away games. We sold out by Wednesday and many may have been put of by the risk of pay on the gate. We'd have sold 1500+ if more had been given in advance.

jon_stfc

But for Plymouth, Swindon is local compared to other away games. We sold out by Wednesday and many may have been put of by the risk of pay on the gate. We'd have sold 1500+ if more had been given in advance.

I take your point, guess we will never know, although Coventry only asked for 700 which is why you sold out. I would guess that we are hardly the most attractive proposition for away fans, most come to abuse Di Canio. I have no doubt you are a big club with a lot of history, just thought you might bring a few more down the Fosse Way

pusbccfc

I take your point, guess we will never know, although Coventry only asked for 700 which is why you sold out. I would guess that we are hardly the most attractive proposition for away fans, most come to abuse Di Canio. I have no doubt you are a big club with a lot of history, just thought you might bring a few more down the Fosse Way

I think we probably would of, many were told they'd be under no shelter if they paid on the gate as well. Plus we may be on a small run of 'form', but we still have won only 2 league AWAY games in over a year.

Not the first time we have asked for a smaller amount of tickets. I got told once we never ask for many as they don't like paying the fee of send tickets back.

Astute

I still consider it a decent amount to take considering how shite we have done for years. Looks as though we might have turned a corner. Good luck with the rest of the season. If we can keep our run going hope to meet you at wemberleeeee

Skyblue4u

I grew up watching us against manu, Chelsea, Liverpool , arsenal act... now we have Swindon fans on here looking for banter ffs.

Jeez, its really tough being a sky blue now :(

superskyblue

I don't know much about Swindon but what I do know is David Brent said 'I hear they dropped an atomic bomb on Swindon, caused about £20 worth of damage.' Can't beat The Office!

jon_stfc

I think we probably would of, many were told they'd be under no shelter if they paid on the gate as well. Plus we may be on a small run of 'form', but we still have won only 2 league AWAY games in over a year.

Not the first time we have asked for a smaller amount of tickets. I got told once we never ask for many as they don't like paying the fee of send tickets back.

The weather was dreadful too!

jon_stfc

I still consider it a decent amount to take considering how shite we have done for years. Looks as though we might have turned a corner. Good luck with the rest of the season. If we can keep our run going hope to meet you at wemberleeeee

I think we both have enough to be challenging for a top 2 finish, good luck to you too

Users who are viewing this thread