Trouble in Swindon (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Was there trouble? Had a few texts saying it had kicked off?

chiefdave

saw some trouble starting up by a burger van as I was driving away from the ground. prob about 10-15 people but couldn't tell who was Swindon and who was Cov. Can't imagine it came to much as the police were on the scene pretty swiftly.

Skyblue4u

Can't blame the Swindon fans for kicking off as they don't get out very often. Must have been a shock for them seeing the away end sold out

jon_stfc

Can't blame the Swindon fans for kicking off as they don't get out very often. Must have been a shock for them seeing the away end sold out

Sold out? You only brought just over 1000, our away allocation is up to 3300! We had larger followings from league 2 last season

ccfc92

Sold out? You only brought just over 1000, our away allocation is up to 3300! We had larger followings from league 2 last season

It would have been like a home game if we bought that many :whistle:
"We forgot that you were here" :wave:

kepit 2 yusen

Are you including that section behind the goal where someone has nicked the roof as part of the 3000 available ? Our 2000 others that desperately wanted to come are all too classy to "rough it" in your posh alfresco bit there. We all drew lotts for the priveledge of a squeaky but very firm chair under the umbrella so we could stand up instead.

jon_stfc

Are you including that section behind the goal where someone has nicked the roof as part of the 3000 available ? Our 2000 others that desperately wanted to come are all too classy to "rough it" in your posh alfresco bit there. We all drew lotts for the priveledge of a squeaky but very firm chair under the umbrella so we could stand up instead.

Yes, thats for away teams with a large following, unlike yourselves.

It is a shit stand, thats for sure, although the passion that most supporters have for their team is usually enough to convince them to rough it.

Plymouth (3 hour journey) 1'238
Brizzle Rovers 1'578
Oxford 2'700

tbf who gives a toss mate, 4 hour trip to yeovil 2100, crewe 1600 arsenal 8000.

nobody cares but thats the 2nd time cov fans (shirters) have been attacked this season and looks like no police protection for us. why?

jon_stfc

tbf who gives a toss mate, 4 hour trip to yeovil 2100, crewe 1600 arsenal 8000.

nobody cares but thats the 2nd time cov fans (shirters) have been attacked this season and looks like no police protection for us. why?

Sad to hear about shirters getting attacked, its wrong and any normal Swindon fan would condemn such behaviour

kepit 2 yusen

Thank god it's only a minority, I take my nine year old to games and if he saw mass fighting he'd be scared to death to go again.
To be fair, we walked back with a crowd of Swindon lads after the game and they were sound. Had a bit of banter and a joke and they wished us well this season. They said they are looking forward to coming to the Ricoh and it would be good to see a big turnout from Swindon.

ricohroar

"Shirter" is a name used by hooligans, who usual wear the "clobber" stone island etc. so they can distinguish who to fight with.
Usually they aim to fight each other and not "Shirters" as a basic rule of thumb.
So if your a shirter and not a hooly, you prob never heard of it before

jon_stfc

Thank god it's only a minority, I take my nine year old to games and if he saw mass fighting he'd be scared to death to go again.
To be fair, we walked back with a crowd of Swindon lads after the game and they were sound. Had a bit of banter and a joke and they wished us well this season. They said they are looking forward to coming to the Ricoh and it would be good to see a big turnout from Swindon.

I take my 7 year old to home matches and he would feel the same. Most of our fans are decent, but like everyone, we have our share of numptys, we are looking forward to our trip to The Ricoh, its a nice day out for little Swindon ;)

Users who are viewing this thread