Trouble at Cov station (1 Viewer)

the rumpo kid

did anyone else see the thugs that attacked a city fan getting off the train at cov, ? guy in his 40's with two young teenage kids punched and kicked off the train at cov, by city fans, guy stuck up for himself and HE was arrested while the other wankers ran off.

matesx

did anyone else see the thugs that attacked a city fan getting off the train at cov, ? guy in his 40's with two young teenage kids punched and kicked off the train at cov, by city fans, guy stuck up for himself and HE was arrested while the other wankers ran off.

fucksake whats that all about?

the rumpo kid

couldn't believe what I was seeing, guy was hit a couple of times, didn't take any shit and went for them, then the police grabbed him and took him away, hope he's ok.

SkyblueBazza

It happened to members of our society, carried out by members of our society IN our society...& it's not unheard of for similar things to have happened in the past...it's grotesque. There was a time when even under the influence of alcohol the vast majority of people used to moderate language, volume & behaviour in the company of women or at least families. Today - more people seem unbothered about how they conduct themselves & batter anyone who try's to get them to be more considerate. THAT is the society we have created!

christonabike

I hate this stuff M8. A good old punch up face to face Im in. Someone minding their own business is a cowards way. These days you need to be on your guard sad to say. Lets hope its a one off.

theferret

It happened to members of our society, carried out by members of our society IN our society...& it's not unheard of for similar things to have happened in the past...it's grotesque. There was a time when even under the influence of alcohol the vast majority of people used to moderate language, volume & behaviour in the company of women or at least families. Today - more people seem unbothered about how they conduct themselves & batter anyone who try's to get them to be more considerate. THAT is the society we have created!

Is this the Mail Online?

Nobody likes to see that sort of thing, it's ugly and leaves a sour taste; but let's be clear, I remember the 80s and it was far more violent then than it is now (and I'm not just talking about football). The city centre was like a war zone back then.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is this the Mail Online?

Nobody likes to see that sort of thing, it's ugly and leaves a sour taste; but let's be clear, I remember the 80s and it was far more violent then than it is now (and I'm not just talking about football). The city centre was like a war zone back then.

I, like many of the senior posters on here, remember the late 1960's into the early 1970's. Football violence was rife. It's just that the arseholes who need to have a drink before they show how "hard" they are, seems to have gone on the increase. I'm 17 stone and me and my brother (and he's a lot bigger than me!) used stand outside our shop in Far Gosford Street on a late Saturday afternoon and stand guard with a menacing look to the yobs. Not once did we have trouble and we didn't need a bleeding drink first either! We had them all coming past - Chelsea, Leeds, Millwall - all the so called "hard" fans! They just scurried past!

Is this the Mail Online?

I thought all towns and cities in this country on a Friday and Saturday night nowadays were war zones in 'Binge Britain'?

SkyblueBazza

We lock horns again ferret ;-)
I too was around then...& it was bad - but attacking a guy out with his family? That would be extremely rare in the 80's - even if he's said something about their behaviour...some respect & space would have been given.

ccfcway

to be fair, he also said "we found love in a hopeless place", so perhaps he has been to Northampton

theferret

We lock horns again ferret ;-)
I too was around then...& it was bad - but attacking a guy out with his family? That would be extremely rare in the 80's - even if he's said something about their behaviour...some respect & space would have been given.

The memory is a bit hazy to be fair. I don't generally buy into the 'country has gone to the dogs' argument though. Nothing much has changed from what I can tell. You can pick up a newspaper from the 80s, 90s and 00s and you'll read the same stories and and the same moans on the letters page. Put it this way, I saw more fights in one season in the 80s than I have in the last 10 years. But hey, 3 points today so don't know why we're talking about all this shizzle!

SkyblueBazza

The memory is a bit hazy to be fair. I don't generally buy into the 'country has gone to the dogs' argument though. Nothing much has changed from what I can tell. You can pick up a newspaper from the 80s, 90s and 00s and you'll read the same stories and and the same moans on the letters page. Put it this way, I saw more fights in one season in the 80s than I have in the last 10 years. But hey, 3 points today so don't know why we're talking about all this shizzle!

The country has not "gone to the dogs"...there are loads of good youngsters about - but they don't mix readily with the yobs. I have spoken out before now about other's...let's call it...inconsiderate behaviour, mostly over the first 15 of the20 yrs my kids have been growing up, & only twice in (a guess here...) 15 occasions have I been met with abuse. If I was raising them now - I suspect I'd be the one getting attacked!

Skyblue4u

I hate this stuff M8. A good old punch up face to face Im in. Someone minding their own business is a cowards way. These days you need to be on your guard sad to say. Lets hope its a one off.

Really? It's ok to have a punch up then if the criteria fits? What a wonderful example you set to the younger posters on here.

Monkeyface

I think that is a slight exaggeration. It was an incident involving a few over excited, probably alcohol fueled, football fans. And these kind of incidents are certainly not something I have helped create! Society as a whole in this country is pretty good, and we're a fortunate bunch.

Hamish

You only have to look on youtube to see how much worse violence in society was in the 70's/80's especially at the football. When you talk about "the vast majority of people used to moderate language, volume and behaviour used in the company of women or at least families" i'd say the majority still do but the difference is women and families now feel safe to go to football now and didn't in the 70's/80's. Keep it real.

SkyblueBazza

You only have to look on youtube to see how much worse violence in society was in the 70's/80's especially at the football. When you talk about "the vast majority of people used to moderate language, volume and behaviour used in the company of women or at least families" i'd say the majority still do but the difference is women and families now feel safe to go to football now and didn't in the 70's/80's. Keep it real.

That's a fair point, you might be right there...but I don't think thugs then would attack a bloke with his wife & kids in tow - I might be wrong.

Astute

That's a fair point, you might be right there...but I don't think thugs then would attack a bloke with his wife & kids in tow - I might be wrong.

I have posted on here what happened in Fester years ago. I was with a few lads going from pub to pub on the way to the game when a few Cov lads attacked a bloke from Fester with 2 young lads and wife. When I tried to stop them they thought they would attack me. In all my years of going to games other than a brief disagreement with another Cov fan it was the only time I have had to hit fellow Cov fans in defence. And as usual with the pack animals they then ran away. The family then joined us to the ground and saw that we are not all animals. There will always be an element of any side of supporters that will cause trouble wanting to look hard in front of their mates.

Bringing up kids now isn't much different from years ago. My eldest is 28 in 2 weeks time. My youngest was 4 a week ago. If you have one as we did who gets in with the wrong crowd and you do nothing they will get into trouble. Our 21 year old was one of these when he was growing up. I lived 2 doors away from my best mate then and his lads and my lads were also best mates. Our lads were under orders of not to fight unless they had to. One night as we were having a BBQ at his house about 12 lads came looking for his eldest lad. He told them to go away......but not as polite as that. They felt brave as they attacked him. Before I could run down his drive he had flattened 3 of them and the rest of them ran away :D BTW my mate is the same height as me but a 19st biker. In all of the years we have been drinking together and whatever state we have got into we have never had trouble of any sort. But the pack mentality gave them enough bravery to have a go.

The biggest problem we have these days is the 'yoof' think they can get away with anything. All they will get is their wrists slapped or an ASBO at worse.....of which a lot of them will ignore. But if you stand up against them you risk getting arrested. In my day you risked getting a clip round the ear off a copper. Then you got the same when you got home if you were lucky. You got the same off certain people where you lived. And if you constantly got into trouble you ended up in Borstal. And some people wonder why we have a problem with the 'yoof' of today :facepalm:

sotv1987

Completely wrong, I was there, the bloke with the kids actually started the fight, he ushered his kids off the train the went back and threw a hay maker at my mate who had his back turned and couldn't defend himself, then my other mate steamed in to this fucking idiot, even the little kid was heard saying, my dad always gets into trouble, then outside the station he started again, then got nicked, and deservedly so, please get your facts right before slagging off other fans, and by the way, I don't condone violence at all, just stating the absolute facts!

Users who are viewing this thread