Trouble at Cov station (2 Viewers)

Yep, I remember the nasty 80s in Cov. It was then I realised I had to move down to London. Still and always be a Cov fan but I don't miss the random violence.

Nick

Administrator
Completely wrong, I was there, the bloke with the kids actually started the fight, he ushered his kids off the train the went back and threw a hay maker at my mate who had his back turned and couldn't defend himself, then my other mate steamed in to this fucking idiot, even the little kid was heard saying, my dad always gets into trouble, then outside the station he started again, then got nicked, and deservedly so, please get your facts right before slagging off other fans, and by the way, I don't condone violence at all, just stating the absolute facts!

Why did he judas your mate?

sotv1987

Why did he judas your mate?

There was a few words said on the journey, but this guy wouldn't let it go, and banged him, I'm telling you honestly, my mates don't go out for trouble, this bloke started it, my mates just reacted to the situation, of which I don't condone, I don't think the originator of this thread should start shouting off about other fans until he has his facts right, the bloke with the kids was a dickhead, and should be ashamed of himself, what sort of parenting is that!!!

Nick

Administrator
There was a few words said on the journey, but this guy wouldn't let it go, and banged him, I'm telling you honestly, my mates don't go out for trouble, this bloke started it, my mates just reacted to the situation, of which I don't condone, I don't think the originator of this thread should start shouting off about other fans until he has his facts right, the bloke with the kids was a dickhead, and should be ashamed of himself, what sort of parenting is that!!!

It wasn't to do with sixfields was it?

SkyblueBazza

I guess some of us forget there are always two sides to those kind of events.

hill83

Easy to blame and attack the 'youths' like we've seen on here. 80% of the time I've seen trouble at city games it's the older guys thinking they are Mohammed I'm hard Bruce Lee. (home & away fans)

bigfatronssba

When I saw the headline I was expecting to see something like this:

cov station.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Easy to blame and attack the 'youths' like we've seen on here. 80% of the time I've seen trouble at city games it's the older guys thinking they are Mohammed I'm hard Bruce Lee. (home & away fans)

Like the first game at sixfields when the football league show showed a couple of old boys about to have a scrap.

bigfatronssba

Nothing worse than a middle aged chav.

skyblueinBaku

I, like many of the senior posters on here, remember the late 1960's into the early 1970's. Football violence was rife. It's just that the arseholes who need to have a drink before they show how "hard" they are, seems to have gone on the increase. I'm 17 stone and me and my brother (and he's a lot bigger than me!) used stand outside our shop in Far Gosford Street on a late Saturday afternoon and stand guard with a menacing look to the yobs. Not once did we have trouble and we didn't need a bleeding drink first either! We had them all coming past - Chelsea, Leeds, Millwall - all the so called "hard" fans! They just scurried past!

Out of interest HH, which shop did you have? I spent quite a bit of time in Far Gosford Street in the '60s.

elephanttears

did anyone else see the thugs that attacked a city fan getting off the train at cov, ? guy in his 40's with two young teenage kids punched and kicked off the train at cov, by city fans, guy stuck up for himself and HE was arrested while the other wankers ran off.

i seen the alleged guy sniffing in the toilets

Hobo

My wife saw trouble at the a Station. Seems like there were a few idiots about following the city at MK Dons from what has been reported, damage to their stadium and general behaviour of a few. Took the edge off a great day.

Loads of city fans, rightly complained about the behaviour of Wolves fans at wolves. Throwing food liquid seats etc. at Cov fans.

Then we get a few idiots in our own following let us down.

letsallsingtogether

I was on holiday must have missed that one.
Was it anything to do with the passion they share for our football club?

Like the first game at sixfields when the football league show showed a couple of old boys about to have a scrap.

Monners

Or it was a couple of people causing trouble...

I know one of the guys Nick, and I can asssue you that he is no trouble maker, just passionate about the club and upset like the rest of us. Odd that he wasn't there yesterday - most unusual

Sba180

I thought all towns and cities in this country on a Friday and Saturday night nowadays were war zones in 'Binge Britain'?

not enough places around in coventry centre anymore. got a few but nothing compared to 15 years ago when i started going down town

Wombat

We lock horns again ferret ;-)
I too was around then...& it was bad - but attacking a guy out with his family? That would be extremely rare in the 80's - even if he's said something about their behaviour...some respect & space would have been given.

yes Bazza - I am old school 70's-80's when it kicked off every week.

But those days of massive football aggro had certain codes-of-conduct; ie. no blades, no picking on a bloke with his bird or his kids..... no effin respect from today's Chavs now.

skybluefred

You only have to look on youtube to see how much worse violence in society was in the 70's/80's especially at the football. When you talk about "the vast majority of people used to moderate language, volume and behaviour used in the company of women or at least families" i'd say the majority still do but the difference is women and families now feel safe to go to football now and didn't in the 70's/80's. Keep it real.

I think the real difference is that today's younger element (men & women) use foul language as a matter of course.

Last edited:

LastGarrison

But those days of massive football aggro had certain codes-of-conduct; ie. no blades, no picking on a bloke with his bird or his kids..... no effin respect from today's Chavs now.

You don't honestly believe this do you? Code of conduct my arse.

Weren't Everton's old mob called the County Road Cutters? I'm assuming that wasn't because they were all a group of barbers.

Macca

I think the whole point is that this isn't Villa or Leicester, it's a good old jolly to MK. No real need for any bother. On the other hand if someone takes a pop at you then you aren't going to take it lying down

RoboCCFC90

This reminds me of what happened to me at Cov station last season funnily after the same fixture, I was stood waiting for a taxi and there were quite a few Cov fans still singing City songs, when a bloked walked up to me and accused me of being violent and aggressive, I tried to tell him that we were only having a laugh as of the result that day and he thought I was insulting him, he then said to me that I wouldn't last long in Birmingham which I asked was a threat and he responded "I'm a Villa fan, I ain't scared of you", bearing in mind this guy was at least in his 50's I didn't fancy it so I moved away back on the to the pavement but as we started singing In Our Coventry Homes the bloke took a swing for me, as I dodged it he fell over (obviously out of his face on alcohol) stumbled over and and hit his head on the pavement, by which time this has gathered a huge crowd of Police and Security from the station and I just felt so embarassed, I tried to help the guy up with a few of the other fans and he went for me a second time at which time one of the other City fans pushed him back and he banged the back of his head on the floor and started bleeding and cursing me, saying I was in for it, at which the point the old bill took him away, genuinely one of the weirdest experiences after a Football match ever.

Last edited:

hill83

Total bollocks. My uncle died at 55 from hepatitis C from a blood transfusion. He had to have this because he got jumped and battered to within an inch of his life at 17 by Man Utd fans. He was minding his own business. So get off your high horse you thug.

It's all nice and nostalgic in your head. It's the same sort of cunts causing trouble now as it was then, and back then it was a hell of a lot worse and more widespread.

Last edited:

henry the wasp

Wombat. The introduction of crowd segregation was brought in due to the stabbing to death of a blackpool fan, by a Bolton fan in 1974.
The scousers of both persausions were notorious blade merchants.

Users who are viewing this thread