Trimming (1 Viewer)

Skybluedownunder

Are you seriously suggesting that we use up a squad place for a player who's never going to challenge for a starting place, and we stop him from furthering his career, just because he's cheap?
Have you any idea how insane that sounds?

I disagree on this one Fatso and support what Harvey is saying. Many clubs hold on to good players to keep their strength across the whole squad. Look how many times Wolves hold on to good players who have no chance of getting in their squad. Biamou is cheap and a good alternative and like last season, if Baka doesn’t do the good with the opportunities he is given Biamou could over take him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Bremang or Bapaga can fill in up front if we get three injuries.
I disagree on this one Fatso and support what Harvey is saying. Many clubs hold on to good players to keep their strength across the whole squad. Look how many times Wolves hold on to good players who have no chance of getting in their squad. Biamou is cheap and a good alternative and like last season, if Baka doesn’t do the good with the opportunities he is given Biamou could over take him again.

When did Biamou overtake Baka last season?

SlowerThanPlatt

The players Wolves are holding onto are young players they loan out to the lower leagues and can sell for a million. They don’t have players one year away from 30 in their squad who have no chance of playing

It makes more sense for the fourth choice striker to be a younger player as he’s unlikely to be used anyway and can get games in the 23s

Sky Blue Harry H

You coul flip the question. I'm not convinced Baka has ever overtaken Max. He may have the potential to do so, but until he does the business, I'm not convinced he has (and if we're going with him, I hope he does)

Skybluedownunder

When they told Biamou he could leave in Jan and he chose to stay and scored goals and then ended up replacing him on the bench

Skybluedownunder

You coul flip the question. I'm not convinced Baka has ever overtaken Max. He may have the potential to do so, but until he does the business, I'm not convinced he has (and if we're going with him, I hope he does)

I agree, for me personally Baka has always had the ‘potential’ but how much longer do we wait to come good? Would be great to see him come good but I lost the faith in his ‘potential’ a long time ago and would rather move him on and try someone new. I honestly thought the only reason we extended his contract was so we could sell him in summer and not lose him on a free, was disappointed he’s actually stayed

shmmeee

When they told Biamou he could leave in Jan and he chose to stay and scored goals and then ended up replacing him on the bench

He never replaced him on the bench. There was one game since Jan Max was on the bench and Baka wasn’t. Max didn’t start any games Baka started 2 in that time. In no way was he ahead of Baka at any point.

Gibbo

The question is who is in a position to take all these players? The L1 and L2 teams are all broke having no crowds. None of these players are in the "development" mould like Eccles. The ones that are like Bapaga we want here.

The two that are only played under sufference by Robins, whom a lower league team might find attractive, are Pask and Mason. He's had plenty of chance to see them both and clearly does not trust them. Possibly Max in League 2 or Drysdale. In loan terms, Williams/Thompson are only National League level - and post Covid those clubs are even more broke.

It looks like the over-sized squad is a bit of an accident. We have added the quality we needed for the Championship but apart from Westbrooke & Eccles, not been able to offload. The long drawn out negotiations for Hamer, Sheaf and Walker havn't helped. There was a risk they would fall through. But on the up side, we still have a small wage bill for the league we're in, and it might be more a matter of team harmony. If I was Giles I might just be a bit pissed off right now, so I hope he is being man-managed properly, ditto Sheaf.

Malaka

Has Biamou pissed off Robins? I can't believe Baka is on the bench and not Max

shmmeee

Has Biamou pissed off Robins? I can't believe Baka is on the bench and not Max

I can’t believe you can’t believe it. Honestly Max is a lovely bloke with a knack for popping up with a goal but he’s not on the same level in footballing terms as Baka. His cameo against Gills showed that. Not on the same wavelength as the rest of the team at all. Did nothing other than pop up with a goal.

Hobo

That leaves us with 2 strikers for the season...

We are only likely to off load any two off any list in this window. It is all hypothetical, but working on the principle that two out might allow one better in.

My list is based on if a club showed an interest in those players Coventry would not feel they are essential to keep.

harvey098

I can’t believe you can’t believe it. Honestly Max is a lovely bloke with a knack for popping up with a goal but he’s not on the same level in footballing terms as Baka. His cameo against Gills showed that. Not on the same wavelength as the rest of the team at all. Did nothing other than pop up with a goal.
Mental. He changed the game when he came on and he finished the only chance he had.

I’m not saying he should be starting but to say he can’t do a job of a 4th choice striker is doing a disservice to his effectiveness

Londonccfcfan

So your judging Max on a cameo vs gills with little no no match fitness.

I think you will find Biamou has many more complete 90 min performances than Baka. Not even close.

shmmeee

So your judging Max on a cameo vs gills with little no no match fitness.

I think you will find Biamou has many more complete 90 min performances than Baka. Not even close.

No I’m basing it off watching Biamou most of the times he’s played and his technical ability being surpassed by the rest of the squad.

The football we play needs hard working technical footballers and that’s not Max 🤷🏻‍♂️

better days

Agreed but who's likely to be interested at the fee we would want for the players I listed?

We know Biamou has been told he can go, a move for Mason must be imminent & we'd desperately like to offload Kastaneer.
Other than that it'll surely only be loans for some of the youngsters (but not Billson).
I think that's pretty accurate Frostie
Max has been a good servant but at his age he needs to be playing regularly which is only going to happen here if three or four other forwards are injured

Londonccfcfan

No I’m basing it off watching Biamou most of the times he’s played and his technical ability being surpassed by the rest of the squad.

The football we play needs hard working technical footballers and that’s not Max 🤷🏻‍♂️

In your opinion.

fatso

Neither Baka or Biamou are good enough for the championship, hence the recruitment of Walker, and our alleged interest in Shankland (or whoever)
I've no axe to grind with either of them, they didnt cost the earth, and have been part of a successful squad, but we need to trim that squad, and continue to bring in better players whenever we can.
And they need to search for somewhere where they can get game time.
This constant bickering on here over which one should be ahead of the other is becoming rediculous.

shmmeee

In your opinion.

I mean obviously, I said it. But it’s backed by observation. His passes slowing down attacks, lack of closing down, general lack of thought other than trying to get himself into goal scoring positions.

Clearly that’s Robins’ opinion too and he has actual data, so I’m fairly confident in it.

jordan210

No. It’s to win games. Otherwise we’d organise the entire table on goals scored and not points.

But to win a game you have to score a goal....

I agree with parts about Max but there does he does apear to be a marmite footballer. No middle ground just love or hate.

Colin Steins Smile

This could be a tricky time for the club to move any of the fringe players out, due to the impact of Covid on the finances of L1 & 2 clubs. We might end up with players training with little prospects of a game for longer than planned.

shmmeee

But to win a game you have to score a goal....

I agree with parts about Max but there does he does apear to be a marmite footballer. No middle ground just love or hate.

I don’t hate Max. I like him a lot and he’s a decent bloke. I just think our game has surpassed him and Baka is a better footballer with a similar goal record and younger.

You also have to concede fewer goals than you score. That’s why there’s 11 players on the pitch. Really not sure why this is controversial. Why don’t teams just play 11 strikers every game?

Londonccfcfan

I mean obviously, I said it. But it’s backed by observation. His passes slowing down attacks, lack of closing down, general lack of thought other than trying to get himself into goal scoring positions.

Clearly that’s Robins’ opinion too and he has actual data, so I’m fairly confident in it.

Lets not go there with observation. I have seen literally seen almost every minute hes played live home and away. Admitedly i missed the Southampton u23 game (hatrick).

Yes its Robins opinion now also. And i fully agree with Robins.

Lets get back to the point.
Disagree fully with your opinion of Max as in the argument with Baka in terms of technical ability (he wouldnt score the goals he does 40 yarders/overhead kick/scissor kicks/volleys without technical ability to strike the ball cleanly and timing. And when it comes to work rate no contest. And im not talking about work rate as being running around like a headless chicken.

Your talking completely out of your arse.

Baka has more potential and arguably value to the club. Thats the reason hes in favor now. Potential to step up is there somewhere lol.

Biamou needs to find a league 1 club he deserves. As im sure he will well.

shmmeee

Lets not go there with observation. I have seen literally seen almost every minute hes played live home and away. Admitedly i missed the Southampton u23 game (hatrick).

Yes its Robins opinion now also. And i fully agree with Robins.

Lets get back to the point.
Disagree fully with your opinion of Max as in the argument with Baka in terms of technical ability (he wouldnt score the goals he does 40 yarders/overhead kick/scissor kicks/volleys without technical ability to strike the ball cleanly and timing. And when it comes to work rate no contest. And im not talking about work rate as being running around like a headless chicken.

Your talking completely out of your arse.

Baka has more potential and arguably value to the club. Thats the reason hes in favor now. Potential to step up is there somewhere lol.

Biamou needs to find a league 1 club he deserves. As im sure he will well.

That’s a lot of words to say “I disagree”

Yes by all accounts Biamou spends a lot of time practicing overhead kicks. But that doesn’t mean he’s a better technical player. To reduce pressing and being back in position quickly to “running around like a headless chicken” is frankly hilarious. Max is the headless one. Look at Baka when he’s on: always working, consistent positioning, pressing defenders. These are the things Robins wants from his tram because we have to rely on the system to be greater than the sum of our parts. We don’t have the luxury of carrying a player not doing the off the ball work just in case they manage an overhead once every ten games.

Londonccfcfan

That’s a lot of words to say “I disagree”

Yes by all accounts Biamou spends a lot of time practicing overhead kicks. But that doesn’t mean he’s a better technical player. To reduce pressing and being back in position quickly to “running around like a headless chicken” is frankly hilarious. Max is the headless one. Look at Baka when he’s on: always working, consistent positioning, pressing defenders. These are the things Robins wants from his tram because we have to rely on the system to be greater than the sum of our parts. We don’t have the luxury of carrying a player not doing the off the ball work just in case they manage an overhead once every ten games.

You obviously didnt go to blackpool away few years ago. Bakas debut.

I will say no more.

shmmeee

You obviously didnt go to blackpool away few years ago. Bakas debut.

I will say no more.

What has Bakas debut got to do with Max right now?

Jesus you’re arguing that Robins and Viveash, who see both every day in training, don’t know as much as you. I’m just saying I can see why they think that way, the fact is still their decision is clearly Baka is ahead of Max.

He’s on Twitter and he scores spectacular goals, that’s why fans like Max. But no serious manager would use that reasoning.

Londonccfcfan

Jesus you’re arguing that Robins and Viveash, who see both every day in training, don’t know as much as you. I’m just saying I can see why they think that way, the fact is still their decision is clearly Baka is ahead of Max.

He’s on Twitter and he scores spectacular goals, that’s why fans like Max. But no serious manager would use that reasoning.

Lets get back to the point again.

Im not disagreeing with anyone but you.

If you read back i clearly state i agree with current management decision that Biamous future elsewhere. Ffs how many times!

You talk utter shite.

Liquid Gold

This could be a tricky time for the club to move any of the fringe players out, due to the impact of Covid on the finances of L1 & 2 clubs. We might end up with players training with little prospects of a game for longer than planned.
But we're looking to move young players on for game time in the main (apart from Max, Kastaneer and Mason). They will likely be on low wages, cost less than a transfer for a lower club and we shouldn't be aiming for high loan fees, just getting game time for our young players.

Londonccfcfan

If im honest, i do have tremendous bias for Max. Imo hes been tremendous part of the clubs upward trajectory since he signed. And i think he will be loved wherever he gos by the sky blue faithfull.

Users who are viewing this thread