Trialist with "Big Reputation" (1 Viewer)

higgs

Whoever it is would want to bang in the goals or we are doomed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Otis

I know I have joked about it, but do we think there is any chance of a quick turnaround and this guy being able to play on Tuesday night? (Quick training session in the morning, assess his fitness, sign him straight up?)

I know it might be pushing our luck, but it looks like we might just have Tudgay and Beavon and no-one else to play up front on Tuesday as things stand.

Would it be worth the gamble, even if he can only play just that one single game? A trip to Wembley would bring much needed coffers to the club and put a bit of a end to all this gloom and despondency.

I know it is a gamble, like I say, but so too was playing Stokes in the Brighton match. He did go off injured, but I think his presence there certainly helped us win the game.

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

I know I have joked about it, but do we think there is any chance of a quick turnaround and this guy being able to play on Tuesday night? (Quick training session in the morning, assess his fitness, sign him straight up?)

I know it would be a gamble, but it looks like we might just have Tudgay and Beavon and no-one else to play up front on Tuesday as things stand.

Would it be worth the gamble, even if he can only play just that one single game? A trip to Wembley would bring much needed coffers to the club and put a bit of a end to all this gloom and despondency.

I know it is a gamble, like I say, but so too was playing Stokes in the Brighton match. He did go off injured, but I think his presence there certainly helped us win the game.

Just to clarify; it would be a gamble to play him Tuesday?

Great_Expectations

No, I am not saying that.

Err......

You should have, it would have really strengthened your point.

Joking aside, I agree, we can't go into another game, especially as it's potentially the last meaningful game of the season, with no strikers on the bench. I don't think any of us want to see Rose or Jones up front again.

Otis

You should have, it would have really strengthened your point.

Joking aside, I agree, we can't go into another game, especially as it's potentially the last meaningful game of the season, with no strikers on the bench. I don't think any of us want to see Rose or Jones up front again.
Rose up front was embarrassing. Despite being a very tall lad, even when he jumps he still can't head the ball.

I have my fingers crossed that whoever it is coming into tomorrow for us to have a look at is just about match fit.

higgs

If he's half fit and a striker sign him up give him 45 mins to bully the opposition and hopefully get us that elusive goal!!

higgs

Would robbie keane save us or are we too far gone?

Otis

Could be simply a big reputation with the ladies.

If so, I am expecting Tony Blackburn or Warren Beatty.

bawtryneal

Peter odemwingie could be a name?

Think you could be right Steve. I heard his name mentioned on Friday via my contacts/friends at Rotherham.
Guess we will find out tomorrow.
Only problem is he is not match fit. Considered a lazy bastard at RUFC.

st john

I heard a rumour that it is in fact Larry the centipede, the worlds greatest striker. He would have played against Millwall but he is still putting his boots on.

Otis

Unless they have played this year by the time they get fit we will be down
Yep. Needs to be someone fit. Doesn't have to be 100% necessarily, but somewhere close.

Not match fit is going to mean at least a month to bring them up to speed.

Pointless then. We will be long gone.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

The U23s play Colchester away tomorrow at 7pm. I imagine this trialist will train with us then travel down with the 23s and play some part for them

Sky Blue Harry H

We;ll see about the triallist - but they're not going to be involved on Tuesday. I think our best hope is get behind the team, in the hope they can raise their game and feed off the crowd (in the league, they know it's gone, but this is a one off) Even the drawer gives us a penalty shoot out chance. I'm going 1-1 on the night, with a pen shoot out victory (saving TF - temporarily - from a lynching!). Hoping Akinfenwa pulls something in the warm up.

Users who are viewing this thread