transfers (1 Viewer)

blueflint

any news on transfers or even transfer targets its very quiet

simonregis

As was pointed out nothing will happen till TM is back from his holiday. I believe his responsibilities start from today so we could hear something very soon.

skybluebeduff

I'll sum the summer up with a single .GIF

20120418120245-62cbeff6.gif

FRY-CCFC

Would love to see Wes Foderingham and Andy Williams join from Swindon now they have been released.
0 chance with Foderingham. Williams maybe but could see him going to a lower end championship side. He's on a pretty big wage as well

cmoncity

Has anyone else noticedfrom the point of player targeting to player through the door always seems to take longer than any other club.sisu just drag everything out

Otis

Has anyone else noticedfrom the point of player targeting to player through the door always seems to take longer than any other club.sisu just drag everything out

Yep.

I've been waiting for one of those free Kellogg personalised spoons for weeks, so I blame them for that too.

no_loyalty

We usually leave it that late that we always end up with the dregs nobody else wants, hopefully with TM now at the helm we will sign decent players at the start of the summer instead of the end

Ashdown

If we haven't got the nucleus of his preferred squad in by 10th July you would imagine it's going to be same old , same old.........................long way to go before that though.

CovisGod

Agree, were usually left with the players nobody else wants. It will be nice having a manager that hopefully delivers when he says he's got targets lined up

Malaka

Hopefully we will be more attractive now with a better manager and the move back to the Ricoh. I think we will be able to sign a higher quality of shite from the toilet of despair

hill83

Could be true, but are we aware when other teams target someone like we are when we target someone? The first most of us hear about it for other teams could be when it's well on the way to completion. So it just seems quicker for them and longer for us. I doubt it's actually the case.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I almost prefer the rumours. What's not to love about -

SBT member A - 'What about Player X, he's free?'
SBT member B - 'Nah, his record is rubbish'
SBT member C - 'So was Leon's/McGoldrick's'
SBT member D - 'He's signed for team X'
All - 'He was rubbish anyway'.

AFCCOVENTRY

A lot of players will all be on holidays right now and it is quiet transfer wise everywhere to be honest. As long as key targets are in for the start of pre-season that's the main thing.

wingy

Could be true, but are we aware when other teams target someone like we are when we target someone? The first most of us hear about it for other teams could be when it's well on the way to completion. So it just seems quicker for them and longer for us. I doubt it's actually the case.

I agree with this view
Yet I'm we sure we now take longer to complete than say ten years ago
King as an example took eons but that case was In Isolation for many reasons

Terry Gibson's perm

A lot of players will all be on holidays right now and it is quiet transfer wise everywhere to be honest. As long as key targets are in for the start of pre-season that's the main thing.

Or they are on end of season tours (not sure when this started) like that horrible lot at the wrong end of the M69

Astute

The players can go away on holiday without anything being delayed. Most talks are done by agents. They can sort out deals and then call the players. Only a foolish agent would go on holiday at this time of year.

The Gentleman

There is business being done already by some, not much but the ones who do it sooner will be better prepared for it come the start of the season. All I hope is that we get it sorted and TM doesn't hang about like Pressley did in the past. I suppose if it does get done quicker it shows that at least Sisu/Otium are listening to TM and are prepared to back him with more than words.

Astute

There is business being done already by some, not much but the ones who do it sooner will be better prepared for it come the start of the season. All I hope is that we get it sorted and TM doesn't hang about like Pressley did in the past. I suppose if it does get done quicker it shows that at least Sisu/Otium are listening to TM and are prepared to back him with more than words.

A lot of deals are done later as the agents ask for too much sometimes in the hope of getting what they ask for. But this can drop once they are not getting paid from the club they are leaving. The better the player the earlier they will be signed unless they are asking way too much. We normally pick up those at the end of the closed season as we get them cheaper. But they don't get a proper pre season.

The Gentleman

A lot of deals are done later as the agents ask for too much sometimes in the hope of getting what they ask for. But this can drop once they are not getting paid from the club they are leaving. The better the player the earlier they will be signed unless they are asking way too much. We normally pick up those at the end of the closed season as we get them cheaper. But they don't get a proper pre season.

And some deals are done before the season has ended too, contracts ending and things like that. I am sure that although it was said that we were only thinking about avoiding the drop, that some targets would have been identified. Down at our end of the leagues, some agents are more realistic about their players demands as they know their window is a lot smaller than the PL and Championship and working to some is more important.

mrtrench

Or, as it was:

GMK member A - 'What about Player X, he's free?'
GMK member A - 'Nah, his record is rubbish'
GMK member A - 'So was Leon's/McGoldrick's'
GMK member A - 'He's signed for team X'
GMK member A - 'He was rubbish anyway'

CovLis86

The only tema ive noticed doing some decent business so far is Scunthorpe. So im not too worried about being left behind with TM just getting back from holiday.

Skyblueweeman

The only tema ive noticed doing some decent business so far is Scunthorpe. So im not too worried about being left behind with TM just getting back from holiday.

Yeah, this.

It's the 1st June...the window doesn't officially open until the 1st July, but I'd expect us to announce a few new signings before then. It would be nice to be the first team to announce a new signing for next season but I won't get my knickers in a twist if we haven't signed anyone by the end of the week for example.

TM knows what needs doing and the players he needs to replace. I very much doubt he didn't make any phone calls on his hols, or that Venus and Clapham have been sat on their hands waiting for the ink on their contracts to dry.

stupot07

1) Leon's wasn't rubbish, he was second top scorer in the league when we signed him, and

2) for every mcgoldrick there is 10 ROD's, Jackson, Frank Nouble's, Elliot's, Ball's, Manset, Madine, ecclestone, delfouneso, Miller, Proswichz, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
1) Leon's wasn't rubbish, he was second top scorer in the league when we signed him, and

2) for every mcgoldrick there is 10 ROD's, Jackson, Frank Nouble's, Elliot's, Ball's, Manset, Madine, ecclestone, delfouneso, Miller, Proswichz, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Can't claim that my memory was good enough to remember I started this thread - http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/23931-Leon-Clarke-joins-on-loan, but even with Leon there were 'he's got a poor record' posters!

simonregis

Or maybe you have more free time to spend thinking of who we will sign. If your day was busy time and days go by quickly so signings come quicker too

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Looking at the CET list, I wouldn't mind (some probably wishful thinking)

Mark Bunn
Becchio (will he need time to get over his long term injury though? Will he be willing to reduce his wage expectations in order to prove himself?)
Steven / Noel Hunt - either of these but probably out of our price range.
Jake Cassidy - wasn't he highly rated by Wolves?
Leon Clarke - controversial but I'd have him back
McNaughton from Cardiff - always rated him but getting on a bit now
Joe Mattock
Randolph Austin - highly rated at Leeds but being let go?
Keith Andrews - getting on a bit also but could give us a different option in midfield.
Lonergan - great keeper IMO, always liked him at Preston
Gaetan Bong - just for his name :D

Users who are viewing this thread