Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Looking at the CET list, I wouldn't mind (some probably wishful thinking)

Mark Bunn
Becchio (will he need time to get over his long term injury though? Will he be willing to reduce his wage expectations in order to prove himself?)
Steven / Noel Hunt - either of these but probably out of our price range.
Jake Cassidy - wasn't he highly rated by Wolves?
Leon Clarke - controversial but I'd have him back
McNaughton from Cardiff - always rated him but getting on a bit now
Joe Mattock
Randolph Austin - highly rated at Leeds but being let go?
Keith Andrews - getting on a bit also but could give us a different option in midfield.
Lonergan - great keeper IMO, always liked him at Preston
Gaetan Bong - just for his name :D

There are a couple I would want there.

Clarke - yes
Lonnergan - yes

Juggernaut

Jun 1, 2015
Leon Clarke should be our number 1 target. Make him captain, tell him he's brilliant and we have our 30 goal a season striker, for free

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
Looking at the CET list, I wouldn't mind (some probably wishful thinking)

Mark Bunn
Becchio (will he need time to get over his long term injury though? Will he be willing to reduce his wage expectations in order to prove himself?)
Steven / Noel Hunt - either of these but probably out of our price range.
Jake Cassidy - wasn't he highly rated by Wolves?
Leon Clarke - controversial but I'd have him back
McNaughton from Cardiff - always rated him but getting on a bit now
Joe Mattock
Randolph Austin - highly rated at Leeds but being let go?
Keith Andrews - getting on a bit also but could give us a different option in midfield.
Lonergan - great keeper IMO, always liked him at Preston
Gaetan Bong - just for his name :D
You could say the same about a number of the players on that list.

I wouldn't sign any player that has missed a lot of football in the last year or so, becchio has played just 13 games in the last 2 seasons. Too big a risk when the wage bills so tight.

Too many of that list are on the decline, got to stop signing players on what they did 3-4 years ago and get better at spotting and signing players on the up. Also don't want a squad full of 30+ year olds, looking for a final pay day,

For me I would only consider Clarke and Lonnergan, 1 or 2 (e.g Hunts) will probably get football at anther championship club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Aug 7, 2009
Coventry
You could say the same about a number of the players on that list.

I wouldn't sign any player that has missed a lot of football in the last year or so, becchio has played just 13 games in the last 2 seasons. Too big a risk when the wage bills so tight.

Too many of that list are on the decline, got to stop signing players on what they did 3-4 years ago and get better at spotting and signing players on the up. Also don't want a squad full of 30+ year olds, looking for a final pay day,

For me I would only consider Clarke and Lonnergan, 1 or 2 (e.g Hunts) will probably get football at anther championship club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

He was a bloody good player when fit though ;)

But yes, I agree with what your saying

junglej13

Mar 23, 2011
I'd be interested in Leon Clarke or Madine and Maghoma from the Championship released list. Also saw someone say Rory Donnelly got released from Swansea. Anyone know what the score with him actually was??

FRY-CCFC

Aug 4, 2012
I'd be interested in Leon Clarke or Madine and Maghoma from the Championship released list. Also saw someone say Rory Donnelly got released from Swansea. Anyone know what the score with him actually was??
Signed, Laudrup got sacked, went back to try and prove himself to the caretaker/new manager

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Would be good to Clarke partner Samuel reminds me of a couple of other forwards we had.

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
I don't think there's any chance of re-signing Samuel. He's way too good for League 1 level.

His position at Reading is in the balance and one thing we can offer players is "look what a full season of regular first team football can do for a players career: Callum Wilson."

bigger clubs often mean more competition. You can't beat playing and scoring every week as a striker.

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Callum Ball is available and what a scoring record he has about 1in 10 according to wiki

eastwoodsdustman

Sep 11, 2011
Swindon have released their top scorer, Andy Williams, from last season. Looked very good against us.

LB87ccfc

Dec 28, 2012
Swindon pumped in alot of money this season and failed in their quest, it might be the player himself has requested that he wished to try somewhere else, they cannot afford his wage demands, they want fresh blood themselves, the wage budget has been cut, a whole host of reasons.

FRY-CCFC

Aug 4, 2012
Swindon pumped in alot of money this season and failed in their quest, it might be the player himself has requested that he wished to try somewhere else, they cannot afford his wage demands, they want fresh blood themselves, the wage budget has been cut, a whole host of reasons.
No they didn't. They had one of the smallest budgets

FRY-CCFC

Aug 4, 2012
Why would they release their top scorer? Selling is one thing, releasing is another. Has he got disciplinary issues?

Very odd move...

Him and Foderingham were both signed under Di Canio on huge wages (for this level) and Swindon can't afford to keep them on that sort of money. So they've had to let them go

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Him and Foderingham were both signed under Di Canio on huge wages (for this level) and Swindon can't afford to keep them on that sort of money. So they've had to let them go

The goalie may well end up at Birmingham as theirs hasn't signed a new contract and Doyle was released.

Users who are viewing this thread