Transfers... (1 Viewer)

RichieGunns

So how many more do you think Thorn will get in before the beginning of the season?

We've got 7 so far. If he's good on his word and gets two strikers next week (Trotta & Pacheco???) then that'll make 9...AND...if Jennings is still on the cards then we could have 10 players in before the season begins.

I'd say that would be more than enough to almost replace our loses from the last season. You never know he might get a few more.

With this in mind im really starting to get excited about Yeovil :D

skybluegod

i think ball was one of those 2 strikers only expect 1 more striker and doubt it will be pacheco when he was at championship teams before and he's said that he wants to play first team football at liverpool

Ryan Parfrey

I'd say 2 or 3 but 3 is pushing it. I think one of the signings will be Jennings but we haven't heard anything about him in a while so its not a guarantee and the other signing will be a striker. I still feel that we need a creative centre midfielder, someone who is going to boss the games when we go away from home to these horrible grounds and have to grinde out wins! i think we need 3 signings to have a chance of winning the league.

junglej13

I'd say 2 or 3 but 3 is pushing it. I think one of the signings will be Jennings but we haven't heard anything about him in a while so its not a guarantee and the other signing will be a striker. I still feel that we need a creative centre midfielder, someone who is going to boss the games when we go away from home to these horrible grounds and have to grinde out wins! i think we need 3 signings to have a chance of winning the league.

I think we will see another 3 or 4. Trotta would be superb. Jennings I think everyone seems to think will sign although I did wonder whem thorn mentioned another trialist joining us on monday that it could be howard following his pompey trial. I have a feeling the stories about cody being unsettled could have some truth. I would also like us to bring in a pacey winger.

Grendel

I think with Waggott effectively now owning the transfer negotiations there will be at least 4 more. He will use the loan market to maximum effect as we have already seen this week.

He seems to be out best signing for sone time.

AndyCov96

Ive heard rumours of tom soares (formerly of stoke and crystal palace) is a potential signing as he is now a free agent

Ryan Parfrey

If we signed Jennings, Howard/Soares and a Striker and perhaps a winger on loan then our squad will be good enough to win the league.

RichieGunns

I'm thinking Trotta (S) / Howard (M) / Jennings (M) / ? (S) + one other (Either Midfield playmaker or Striker) + ? (G)

EDIT - Seems Murphy may be wanting out too...

Last edited:

skybluejack10

I'm thinking Trotta (S) / Howard (M) / Jennings (M) / ? (S) + one other (Either Midfield playmaker or Striker) + ? (G)

EDIT - Seems Murphy may be wanting out too...

why would murphy want out?
the mood in camp seems good!
i think cody will come round because everyone loves him now so cody will probably stay hopefully! wouldnt mind murphy going tho ;)

RichieGunns

why would murphy want out?
the mood in camp seems good!
i think cody will come round because everyone loves him now so cody will probably stay hopefully! wouldnt mind murphy going tho ;)

I heard he's been offering his services to lower end Championship clubs.

I've never rate him like I did Westwood. Dunn would probably be a better 1st choice keeper anyway...

mark82

I've never rate him like I did Westwood. Dunn would probably be a better 1st choice keeper anyway...

He can offer all he likes but he's under contract. Any decent keepers available on a free transfer?

Grendel

If Dunn was 1st choice keeper I'd be revising my league position downwards.

harvey098

Dont get the resentment towards Murphy? I think hes a solid keeper and certainly the least of our worries. We were spoilt by westie but we could do a lot worse than Joe Murphy, namely Dunn.

kg82

Dont get the resentment towards Murphy? I think hes a solid keeper and certainly the least of our worries. We were spoilt by westie but we could do a lot worse than Joe Murphy, namely Dunn.

Bingo. We were spoiled by Westwood but people forget some of the crap we had before!

Grendel, I'd be with you on that.

skybluegod

where did you here this BS from that rumor page. I've been to a few matches in which dunn plays and he looks poor and even the Northampton fans said he's poor and that's for league 2

RichieGunns

where did you here this BS from that rumor page. I've been to a few matches in which dunn plays and he looks poor and even the Northampton fans said he's poor and that's for league 2

No i didn't hear it from the rumour page. It's been passing around on several sites (don't ask me names, id have to go looking on google and i don't have the time) but funnily enough not from the rumour page. I think the main place i read it from was Coventry MAD but i am aware that that place aint the best site to find out rumours.

But of course it's better to discuss it than to ignore it. If he leaves in a next few weeks then i guess the rumour was true. If he doesn't then it was a pile of horse crap and nothing has changed so therefore nothing to moan about lol

skybluegod

No i didn't hear it from the rumour page. It's been passing around on several sites (don't ask me names, id have to go looking on google and i don't have the time) but funnily enough not from the rumour page. I think the main place i read it from was Coventry MAD but i am aware that that place aint the best site to find out rumours.

But of course it's better to discuss it than to ignore it. If he leaves in a next few weeks then i guess the rumour was true. If he doesn't then it was a pile of horse crap and nothing has changed so therefore nothing to moan about lol

it wasn't on cov mad i have been on it lots recently it hasn't said anything about Murphy and no other site i'v e been on has either. we'd discuss it if you gave us the link/source but you don't

junglej13

it wasn't on cov mad i have been on it lots recently it hasn't said anything about Murphy and no other site i'v e been on has either. we'd discuss it if you gave us the link/source but you don't

It was in an article someone wrote on Covmad...

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/a_week_of_hope_750078/index.shtml

I thought it was a bit strange myself. I also don't think Murphy would be on megabucks so there would be no great value in letting him go. I think he is steady enough Murphy but can't see there being a huge queue of championship teams in for him.

skybluegod

It was in an article someone wrote on Covmad...

I thought it was a bit strange myself. I also don't think Murphy would be on megabucks so there would be no great value in letting him go. I think he is steady enough Murphy but can't see there being a huge queue of championship teams in for him.

thing is that's an article wrote by a fan so it's got no creditably he wont be on much 3-5k max

AndyCov96

Hearing rumours of a guy called papadopolous from dresden who is a cm, a winger from lens in france and benik afobe of arsenal all being targeted. First two probs permanent signing and latter being a loan deal

RichieGunns

Ian Hume from Preston,

Davin O'Neill from Cork,

And

Tom Soares are also a target apparantly...

(This is from shitty rumour site though so probably nothing to shout about. They have mentioned the one from Dresden and the winger from Lens though)

junglej13

... and benik afobe of arsenal all being targeted. First two probs permanent signing and latter being a loan deal

He is currently on his way to Asia for Arsenal's preseason tour. The impression I get is that the loan striker will be joining us next week so I doubt at the moment that Afobe is the man.

Last edited:

mark82

Hearing rumours of a guy called papadopolous from dresden who is a cm, a winger from lens in france and benik afobe of arsenal all being targeted. First two probs permanent signing and latter being a loan deal

Where did you pluck those names from?

skybluejack10

don't fancy afobe, inexperienced and non prolific enough. Nor tom soares.
love zavon hines but doubtful
Yiannis papadopoulos sounds very good and also chaouki ben saada sounds very good
would love them!

OBLONG

If we sign Ben Saada we'll win the league! :D Don't know abou that but would be a great signing if it's not BS. Seen him play for Tunisia a few times and he was always their best player.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Thursday latest for 2 new players plus a loan coming in a few more weeks

RichieGunns

Who is Ricardo Fuller? It's been banded around that he's our trialist. Once again it's from that dodgy rumours site but I thought I'd ask...his name rings a bell, just not sure where from.

skybluegod

Who is Ricardo Fuller? It's been banded around that he's our trialist. Once again it's from that dodgy rumours site but I thought I'd ask...his name rings a bell, just not sure where from.

he was released from stoke i think and is a Jamaican international doubt he would come here and he would be on hefty wages will go to champ club if in England

Users who are viewing this thread