Transfer with Vik (2 Viewers)

Yorkshire SB

Burnley of all clubs… can’t get my head round the acceptance that we are lower in the pecking order than them. I’m going to find a dark room…
Club is irrelevant, he's never dreamed of playing for Burnley. However they'll be in the Prem, and if they're spending £15m+ he'll probably be their main man up top. Ideal scenario for him.

Terry_dactyl

Vik himself apparently has come out and said he is happy here probably first name on the team sheet and in a possible challenging team, why not accept that and stop fuelling speculation, I sometimes get the feeling some on here will be disappointed if he doesn’t leave.
I’d love him to stay…
But he’s hardly likely to say he hates it here, especially in the scenario suggested where he seemingly has a move away.
However, I’d be suspicious of it as why would he bother to keep performing for us and risk injury if he knows he’s off in a couple of months time.

NorthernWisdom

I’d love him to stay…
But he’s hardly likely to say he hates it here, especially in the scenario suggested where he seemingly has a move away.
However, I’d be suspicious of it as why would he bother to keep performing for us and risk injury if he knows he’s off in a couple of months time.
Better he plays, the better a move he gets. Doesn't take long to become yesterday's man.

slowpoke

I suppose we’ll just have to endure Vik is going here, there, anywhere throughout the summer. I’d love ccfc to announce a new contract for him and re-iterate he’s going nowhere, plenty on here will have put their keyboards away,

ccfc1234

I suppose we’ll just have to endure Vik is going here, there, anywhere throughout the summer. I’d love ccfc to announce a new contract for him and re-iterate he’s going nowhere, plenty on here will have put their keyboards away,
If they are going to announce a new deal, coinciding it with season tickets going on sale would be a good idea.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Don’t think it would. Burnley just with the players they have now are better than the bottom 4 or 5. Kompany will attract other good players. Vic will get a better chance of playing most games and even if Burnley came down providing he proves himself to be capable someone else would buy him. To me no risk, triple your money. Go where your wanted and have been seen playing by the manager and will get a game.
They might be at the minute, three of those teams wont be there next season though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It depends how well we use that money. We will severely disadvantaged by losing Gyokeres and simply having a bit more money to buy a replacement doesn't guarantee a successful replacement and a better team, even though it will give us more leeway to strengthen other areas of the team. The last time we were in the Championship the forwards we paid decent money for (Hughes and Eastwood) didn't deliver what we had hoped and if we made similar signings in the Summer our team wouldn't have a better shot at promotion. That said, presuming he doesn't sign a new contract I agree with those stating that we must sell in the Summer, as it would be criminal not to maximise his sale value and lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.
It's a big risk selling him, as there's no guarantees those we buy with the funds will come good.

But's a bigger risk not selling him in the hope that we can get promoted with him and instead end up losing him on a free if we don't.

CDK

Will he be happy to sign a new deal as well as happy playing,that's the question?

blunted

Week in week out opposition managers highlight Gyo as the best player in the Championship. The best player always goes to a higher league, usually the Prem. Wherever he goes, I doubt he will get the love or support he gets from Cov fans. Unless he gets injured like Callum I can't see us holding on to him. I just hope any money we get is invested wisely

Hobo

The transfer gossipteers are well out and after having a talk with a friend, who is a journalist, I too can divulge hot-of-the-press info.

Cresswell was lined up to come to us, as everyone knows, however it was on the condition that Leeds had first refusal of Vik in the summer, depending on their position of whether they are championship or premier. We did not have cash for Cresswell but Leeds would have deferred that till the summer.

However, we then signed McNally with the intension of signing him in the summer, so Burnley now have first refusal on Vik, and all being weel McNally will be ours in the summer. I think McNally will turn out better than Cresswell.

Honestly speaking Vik will do far better with Burnley than either Leeds or Everton, Kompany knows Vik and sees him constantly whereas both Everton and Leeds see Vik as a risk signing. Kompany can take Vik to the next level, so I hope City get a good signing on per-centage.

When you have very good players you always get gossip.

Also when you have very good players eventually they leave. It is a fact of life.

slowpoke

Will he be happy to sign a new deal as well as happy playing,that's the question?
Signing a new deal doesn’t mean he’ll never be or won’t be transferred one day, it gives him a wage his ability deserves now. I don’t see any championship team even one of the relegated ones buying him, too expensive, foreign clubs possibly, again though expensive.
As for the promoted ones like Burnley they might have an interest but to stay up they need a few better players than they currently have so forking out 20+million and a wage to match on 3/4 year contracts for an unproven at premier level player is a big risk Burnley aren’t without finance issues.

stupot07

Signing a new deal doesn’t mean he’ll never be or won’t be transferred one day, it gives him a wage his ability deserves now. I don’t see any championship team even one of the relegated ones buying him, too expensive, foreign clubs possibly, again though expensive.
As for the promoted ones like Burnley they might have an interest but to stay up they need a few better players than they currently have so forking out 20+million and a wage to match on 3/4 year contracts for an unproven at premier level player is a big risk Burnley aren’t without finance issues.

We can't afford to pay him a wage his ability deserves. If you took Adam Armstrong for an example as a striker moving to the premier league, unproven at that level and so far not particularly setting the world alight he is on £55k per week.

You suggest that neither relegated team nor nearly promoted teams would buy him, but the less time he has on his contract the more it becomes a buyer's market.

Lets say he refuses to sign a new contract and we manage to hold on to him over the summer, we would be forced to sell in January or let him go for free in the summer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hamil99

Facebook User
If Napoli sell Osimhen in the summer, which seem likely, I could see them coming in for him. I think he'd do well in Italy, Ostigard plays for Napoli and Im sure his misses plays for Juventus. Pure speculation but I could see it happening.

Sick Boy

If Napoli sell Osimhen in the summer, which seem likely, I could see them coming in for him. I think he'd do well in Italy, Ostigard plays for Napoli and Im sure his misses plays for Juventus. Pure speculation but I could see it happening.
Ostigard was a bizarre signing for them - not sure he'll stay there after this season.

Sick Boy

I also think there's next to no chance of Napoli coming in for him - Serie A is not great these days but they're running away with the league and will be looking for better.

TomRad85

If he goes abroad I think he’d do best in Germany-would do well for quite a few Bundesliga sides and suits his game more
About to say Schalke written all over him but those fuckers are bottom! Wolfsburg maybe? He looks a bit Wolfsburgy

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

About to say Schalke written all over him but those fuckers are bottom! Wolfsburg maybe? He looks a bit Wolfsburgy

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I was thinking one from Leverkusen/Frankfurt/Gladbach/Wolfsburg. Hamburg also look like they’re going back up this season and will have the dosh.

baldy

Why do people act so confident that things will definitely happen? You sound daft

Users who are viewing this thread