Transfer with Vik (1 Viewer)

JonesBob

The transfer gossipteers are well out and after having a talk with a friend, who is a journalist, I too can divulge hot-of-the-press info.

Cresswell was lined up to come to us, as everyone knows, however it was on the condition that Leeds had first refusal of Vik in the summer, depending on their position of whether they are championship or premier. We did not have cash for Cresswell but Leeds would have deferred that till the summer.

However, we then signed McNally with the intension of signing him in the summer, so Burnley now have first refusal on Vik, and all being weel McNally will be ours in the summer. I think McNally will turn out better than Cresswell.

Honestly speaking Vik will do far better with Burnley than either Leeds or Everton, Kompany knows Vik and sees him constantly whereas both Everton and Leeds see Vik as a risk signing. Kompany can take Vik to the next level, so I hope City get a good signing on per-centage.

CCFC54321

I think your 90% right here as this type of thing goes on but I can’t see Burnley coughing up best part of 20m even in the premiership and Jesus he can get a bigger move than Burnley? Even rocking up at turf moor would kick your car into reverse in seconds.

Happy_Martian

Chill folks, Vik has said in a BBC article yesterday when asked about the Xmas transfer speculation, he didn't want to move. And regardless of whether the club wants to sell, the player has a legitimate say in where they work. How many players said no to Everton in January ? And in previous interviews, Vik's said he wants to play, not sit on a bench which isn't guaranteed with any move.

So why do you think he will change his mind between now and August ?

Senior Vick from Alicante

I think you could see Vik stay, he loves the club and if we can increase his wages and show commitment with new signings then you never know. I still think his final destination if he did move would be abroad, he would want to play where ever he went and not end up on the bench.

Fergusons_Beard

No chance Vik stays, he'd be daft not to move on. Burnley could be an ideal club, if he's going to be the starting no. 9 for a PL side, what else can he ask for?

Could also be a horrendous move. One year in the Prem battling relegation in a poorly performing Burnley team.

Then ending up back in the Championship.
Can’t think of anything worse.

Could stay and win promotion with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PVA

Could also be a horrendous move. One year in the Prem battling relegation in a poorly performing Burnley team.

But even if they get relegated, if he chips in with a few goals he'll attract interest from other Premier League clubs.

Or he drops back to the championship, scores 25+ for Burnley and gets picked up by a bigger club again.

Any move could be a horrendous move, but I think Burnley would be decent enough.

The other one is Brentford, I could see them showing an interest, especially with the Toney situation. That'd be a good move for him too.

Sick Boy

I think your 90% right here as this type of thing goes on but I can’t see Burnley coughing up best part of 20m even in the premiership and Jesus he can get a bigger move than Burnley? Even rocking up at turf moor would kick your car into reverse in seconds.
I doubt we’d be holding out for 20m - we’d probably sell for somewhere between 12-15m.

AOM

Think bottom half Premier League is probably where Gyokeres is at right now.
Personally can't see us challenging the promotion/play offs next season with such a massive rebuild in the summer, but who knows.
Think a promoted Burnley would be a good move for him and I'd imagine they can offer a lot higher wages as well

Sick Boy

Yeah and end up battling relegation in a poorly performing team.
Or, he stays with us, we don’t get promoted and he leaves for free in the summer - great.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think unless the plan is for Big Mike to swoop and give Robins a war chest in the summer we are best advised getting the biggest fee possible for Gyo. Scouts should be working overtime to identify targets, top of the list being a Gyo replacement. Two very strong contenders to do that at Heerenveen at the moment

Sky Blue Pete

Chill folks, Vik has said in a BBC article yesterday when asked about the Xmas transfer speculation, he didn't want to move. And regardless of whether the club wants to sell, the player has a legitimate say in where they work. How many players said no to Everton in January ? And in previous interviews, Vik's said he wants to play, not sit on a bench which isn't guaranteed with any move.

So why do you think he will change his mind between now and August ?
Money and opportunity

SAJ

Don’t think it would. Burnley just with the players they have now are better than the bottom 4 or 5. Kompany will attract other good players. Vic will get a better chance of playing most games and even if Burnley came down providing he proves himself to be capable someone else would buy him. To me no risk, triple your money. Go where your wanted and have been seen playing by the manager and will get a game.

Happy_Martian

Money and opportunity

But as I've just argued, money isn't Vik's driving need. Pitch time is. He has said such in interviews. And moving to a Prem club doesn't guarantee him that he won't be a bench warmer either.

Legia Sky Blue

I don't buy into the Burnley first refusal scenario. Seems to me its 2+2=5 type guesswork.

In that scenario what happens if at the end of the season Everton offer £20m and Burnley only want to pay £10m? What happens if Gyokeres wants to go a club other than Burnley?

Sick Boy

I don't buy into the Burnley first refusal scenario. Seems to me its 2+2=5 type guesswork.

In that scenario what happens if at the end of the season Everton offer £20m and Burnley only want to pay £10m? What happens if Gyokeres wants to go a club other than Burnley?
There only have been a small handful of posters on here who’ve ever been genuinely ITK - most of the time it’s just blagging.

slowpoke

Vik himself apparently has come out and said he is happy here probably first name on the team sheet and in a possible challenging team, why not accept that and stop fuelling speculation, I sometimes get the feeling some on here will be disappointed if he doesn’t leave.

SkyBlueMatt

If he doesn’t sign a new contract he will have to go

In short, this is it. We can't let what happened to Blackburn & Diaz, happen to us.

I still cling on to the glimmer of hope he'll stay but if not, hopefully he'll do us a favour. Sign a year extension with a release clause to give us a stronger hand in the transfer window.

Vik himself apparently has come out and said he is happy here probably first name on the team sheet and in a possible challenging team, why not accept that and stop fuelling speculation, I sometimes get the feeling some on here will be disappointed if he doesn’t leave.

If there is negativity to be found in and situation, SBT will find it.

Sick Boy

If he doesn’t leave then we’d lose him on a few the following summer. Any sale would enable us to have the funds to put together a squad with a real chance of actually challenging for promotion.

Torquay Sky Blue

If he doesn’t leave then we’d lose him on a few the following summer. Any sale would enable us to have the funds to put together a squad with a real chance of actually challenging for promotion.
Exactly this. More chance of promotion with Vic funds rather than keeping him

Legia Sky Blue

Exactly this. More chance of promotion with Vic funds rather than keeping him

It depends how well we use that money. We will severely disadvantaged by losing Gyokeres and simply having a bit more money to buy a replacement doesn't guarantee a successful replacement and a better team, even though it will give us more leeway to strengthen other areas of the team. The last time we were in the Championship the forwards we paid decent money for (Hughes and Eastwood) didn't deliver what we had hoped and if we made similar signings in the Summer our team wouldn't have a better shot at promotion. That said, presuming he doesn't sign a new contract I agree with those stating that we must sell in the Summer, as it would be criminal not to maximise his sale value and lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.

David O'Day

Vik is most likely off in the summer

No one first refusal with anyone, we can pre agree a fee with someone but other people can match it and then Vik can decide where he goes.

It's not he NFL etc. where a player can be forced to move to somewhere they don't want to go

Flying Fokker

No chance Vik stays, he'd be daft not to move on. Burnley could be an ideal club, if he's going to be the starting no. 9 for a PL side, what else can he ask for?
Burnley of all clubs… can’t get my head round the acceptance that we are lower in the pecking order than them. I’m going to find a dark room…

itsabuzzard

Wouldn't put much stall by what a player says!

He can be happy, and it still doesn't mean he won't move as soon as the right vast pay increase and step up in level comes along, it just means he won't agitate to move.

Only select nutters say I hate it here when they're a fans' favourite, even if they actually do.[/ICODE]
Was going to post much the same thing, but you've saved me the bother.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread