Transfer targets (11 Viewers)

Skybluedownunder

How clueless - these players who are in a team challenging for the play offs in the Championship with the 5th best defence are shit, but these players playing in the league below in a team that is in appalling form and losing goals aplenty are very good.

I picked three players from the Peterborough team that are worth taking.

As I said above, I like Kitching. Thomas has me worried at times. Collins is ok, not the best but certainly not the worst.

Edwards is highly regarded, Burrows seems to get goals and assists and could be an upgrade to what we have on the left hand side. For me JDS hasn’t given me enough confidence to say that side of the pitch is covered. Bidwell has been doing well.

The other fella we need a centre mid once Kelly leaves.

It’s more just filling the gaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Do you think our defence is functioning well?
It's functioning fine, they have put in some good performances this season. You are only stirring the pot because a player scored two freak own goals, apart from those we were hardly troubled.

Thomas and Kitching are still young and will make errors, but I'd far rather develop two players we actually own than a have bunch of loans.

Mucca Mad Boys

How clueless - these players who are in a team challenging for the play offs in the Championship with the 5th best defence are shit, but these players playing in the league below in a team that is in appalling form and losing goals aplenty are very good.
Mostly agree but it’s worth noting that Thomas, Kitching and Collins have managed the jump in standard well. There’s no reason we couldn’t add to that with a couple of P’boro players and improve our team. EMC is someone I’m excited to see start for us.

Tea & Busquets

Fucks sake 4 years? Thought it was 2 with an option for some reason. Yeah that’s a bit hard to move on but I’d imagine we can sort out some kind of loan with obligation/option to buy with the likes of Charlton or Rotherham. That contract is nasty work though so maybe wait till January if at all.

long way home

He would be such a good signing but unless we have jumped in front already he will have plenty of options.

Kraev, would be another good addition by the look of him. Handful and would certainly gives us something different.

The positive is if that is the level we are looking at we are in for seeing some good things coming.

messiahrobins

Isn’t Collins statistically in the top few keepers in the league? Yet people aren’t happy and think we should be looking at a replacement?

For me, I wouldn’t be even looking at a goalkeeper for next season unless Ben Wilson leaves.
Collins, like Kitching and Thomas will improve. I am happy with him. Wilson is fine as back up although i suspect he may want to leave given his age to play regularly so we would need a top class young back up keeper probably

skybluecam

It would do us good to have a settled No.1 for a season. Collins is good and seems to be the style of keeper Robins wants with the ball at his feet (more so than Wilson). If Wilson is happy to be #2 then we don’t need to go tearing things up imo. Other areas to focus on.

Martin180

There's been a lot of unwarranted criticism of Collins . The Huddersfield mistake aside he has been very good for us in his first season . Like others have said if Wilson is happy to play second fiddle then there are other areas more important to bolster the squad

Mucca Mad Boys

Top class goalkeeper for me, not dissatisfied with Collins at all, but a star keeper is needed!!
Statistically, Collins is leading a lot of categories and he’s made the playoffs with Barnsley previously. He’s a good goal keeper.

There will come a time when we’ll need to upgrade, it’s just low down the priority list.

shmmeee

He’s improved a lot from the start of the season, even started claiming crosses recently and when he’s on it his passing is outstanding. Like Thomas and Kitching still has some work to do on ironing out mistakes and rushes of blood to the head, but like them worth sticking with because if he does he’ll be a top player at this level.

If we have cash to upgrade a position, I think it’s LB ahead of GK now personally.

David O'Day

For me, Thomas is the weak link. Even for Kitchings own goal it was Thomas poor header first. Bloke is an accident/misplaced pass waiting to happen.
Collins is average.

These Peterborough boys are very good players though

Clown

David O'Day

I picked three players from the Peterborough team that are worth taking.

As I said above, I like Kitching. Thomas has me worried at times. Collins is ok, not the best but certainly not the worst.

Edwards is highly regarded, Burrows seems to get goals and assists and could be an upgrade to what we have on the left hand side. For me JDS hasn’t given me enough confidence to say that side of the pitch is covered. Bidwell has been doing well.

The other fella we need a centre mid once Kelly leaves.

It’s more just filling the gaps.

Burrows struggles defensively at league 1 level, JDS would be one of the best LBs if he played in league 1

wingy

Would love to know who people would want as goalkeeping replacement. Not hearing many ask for Rotherham’s GK after the nightmare he had against us.

The Wigan goalkeeper seems decent.
Serious investment for me at least prem quality, not saying Collins isn't up to a challenge like where we are but someone scouted from top leagues, leave the picking to someone else! 😊

Mucca Mad Boys

Serious investment for me at least prem quality, not saying Collins isn't up to a challenge like where we are but someone scouted from top leagues, leave the picking to someone else! 😊
GK is so low down the priority that it’s a position we probably won’t even look at for another year.

We’re short in midfield, at CM, AM and out wide going into the summer. We will need 1 or 2 CBs if Lati leave. Possibly a LB if JDS or Bidwell leaves. Finally, with Godden likely to leave, we need a striker.

That’s 5-6 signings we actually need to make - Collins is good enough to get us to the playoffs.

Viktor17

O’Hare replacement
Centre back (Binks replacement)
Right winger
Striker (Godden replacement)
Left back
Centre mid

All of these are bigger priorities than a keeper.
Rudoni
Mcnally - I know not left sided
Dolan or random European?
Striker unknown -
LB - Not sure on this burrows - a MVE type be perfect. Don't think we will recruit here unless something pops up
CM - Another real dynamo - compliment sheaf/eccles/torp

wingy

Rudoni
Mcnally - I know not left sided
Dolan or random European?
Striker unknown -
LB - Not sure on this burrows - a MVE type be perfect. Don't think we will recruit here unless something pops up
CM - Another real dynamo - compliment sheaf/eccles/torp
Burroughs can play either side as long as the two are he should be adequate for one side!!

Users who are viewing this thread