Transfer targets (31 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

If its kyprianou that's the centre midfield sorted
That’s a start but games like today, Norwich, PNE and WBA we lacked something in midfield. My hope is that Torp adapts to English football and flourishes next season and Eccles adds layers to his game too. If we want to be a strong playoff team pushing automatics, we need someone as close to Hamer’s ability as possible.

Sorting out an AM is a top priority though - get that right and we’re well on our way.

Martin180

I would think we have targets ready to go in the summer . Can see at least 4 more signings as well as EMC coming in .
Think we need a CB , Cm , Am and a striker as the bare minimum .
Would love Ronnie Edwards to be the centre back , not sure on the CM , Azeez or a Dolan type as AM and maybe the lad from Brondby as the striker .
Don't know if this would depend on Viks future or whether we still have a decent war chest from last summer

ptr

I would think we have targets ready to go in the summer . Can see at least 4 more signings as well as EMC coming in .
Think we need a CB , Cm , Am and a striker as the bare minimum .
Would love Ronnie Edwards to be the centre back , not sure on the CM , Azeez or a Dolan type as AM and maybe the lad from Brondby as the striker .
Don't know if this would depend on Viks future or whether we still have a decent war chest from last summer
Only reason Ronnie Edwards hasn’t left yet is because they are holding out for big money. They’ll get a decent amount for him, more than we can afford. Maybe on loan from whoever he goes to though.

Martin180

Only reason Ronnie Edwards hasn’t left yet is because they are holding out for big money. They’ll get a decent amount for him, more than we can afford. Maybe on loan from whoever he goes to though.
Yeah I know , we can dream though 😁
Maybe Doug could negotiate a staggered fee akin to Wright and Simms .
Just think Edwards, Kitching,Thomas and Latibeaudaire gives us a solid base to build from
Ever the optimist me

Martin180

Just wonder why you keep mentioning him. Thought you might give a scouting report on him, other than wiki. Watched some games he’s played in etc. no need to drone on about him now then
Drone on ? This is a transfer target thread and I'm mentioning a player who I feel could suit our system,albeit based on stats. Like anything else ,if you don't like it scroll past

messiahrobins

Moore, Kelly, O'Hare and Godden are definitely going

Binks we are keen on returning but Bologna seem to think they can demand more than hes worth

Allen is the only other one who we may lose but thats only if an acceptable bid comes in

Dont be surprised to see Tavares go either

I dont expect major surgery this summer. But i do expect those that come in to be of quality, especially when Vik moves on. Burroughs will be part of the squad as cover for any of the left or right sides

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Anyone expecting a flood of incomings will be disappointed. We have the base, we now just need to add quality and fine tune
Winger and CM i think might be Poku and that defensive midfielder at Pboro.
Centre half i think will end up being Binks
New No10 i wonder if Evander from Portland. I think were linked with him last summer
Striker i expect will be big and fast as Robins clearly wants pace and strength. I think Ohare would have been gone even if his contract wasnt up this season if we had a bid of 5m plus for him. I also feel management think Sakamoto could develop into a no.10 eventually given his versatility.

Martin180

Winger and CM i think might be Poku and that defensive midfielder at Pboro.
Centre half i think will end up being Binks
New No10 i wonder if Evander from Portland. I think were linked with him last summer
Striker i expect will be big and fast as Robins clearly wants pace and strength. I think Ohare would have been gone even if his contract wasnt up this season if we had a bid of 5m plus for him. I also feel management think Sakamoto could develop into a no.10 eventually given his versatility.
Sakamoto isn't a 10 , he's as near an old fashioned winger as you will see .

shmmeee

So based on Saddlebrains the 25 is:

Collins/Wilson/Tyler
MvE/Burroughs
Dasilva/Bidwell
CB/Kitching
Lats/Thomas
Sheaf/Eccles
Torp/CM
RW/Saka
Palmer/AM/Allen(?)
EMC/Wright
Simms/ST/Obikwu

skyblu3sk

Or the player wants a move. Every player has his price.

I think Sheaf has a higher ceiling than Hamer and his fee should reflect that …..
Honestly I think we'd get about £8m for Sheaf maximum. It isn't that he isn't a good player he just has lapses of judgement and given where he plays on the pitch the really expensive players in that position cut that out. He's a great championship player maybe bottom half of the prem.

skyblu3sk

He's lost me completely
no idea idk GIF by Hey Duggee

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Honestly I think we'd get about £8m for Sheaf maximum. It isn't that he isn't a good player he just has lapses of judgement and given where he plays on the pitch the really expensive players in that position cut that out. He's a great championship player maybe bottom half of the prem.

I guess realistically which Premier League team is going to think he's better than what they've already got, I can't think of any. Maybe one of the promoted teams would take a punt, but I agree with you, I cannot see that being for a big enough amount of money for us to think is acceptable to cash in.

A very good player for us but there's an obsession with him being a bit better than he is. Hamer had the goal contributions and that's a massive thing in terms of value. I think we'll keep Sheaf, which will be good for our season.

ptr

I guess realistically which Premier League team is going to think he's better than what they've already got, I can't think of any. Maybe one of the promoted teams would take a punt, but I agree with you, I cannot see that being for a big enough amount of money for us to think is acceptable to cash in.

A very good player for us but there's an obsession with him being a bit better than he is. Hamer had the goal contributions and that's a massive thing in terms of value. I think we'll keep Sheaf, which will be good for our season.
Luton will come back in for him if they stay up. He’s a good player and certainly a few will be watching him against United.

I think we will keep him. Give him the captains armband permanently.

Mucca Mad Boys

Moore, Kelly, O'Hare and Godden are definitely going

Binks we are keen on returning but Bologna seem to think they can demand more than hes worth

Allen is the only other one who we may lose but thats only if an acceptable bid comes in

Dont be surprised to see Tavares go either

I dont expect major surgery this summer. But i do expect those that come in to be of quality, especially when Vik moves on. Burroughs will be part of the squad as cover for any of the left or right sides

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Anyone expecting a flood of incomings will be disappointed. We have the base, we now just need to add quality and fine tune

That’s bang on in my view. 3 strikers is probably enough for the season if we’re playing 1 up front and we’ve got 3 wingers too.

Is Bidwell expected to stay? He’s linked with a move every window and he has 1 year remaining. Are we looking to add any loans to supplement the signings outlined?

Deity

@Saddlebrains do you know if robins is keen to add more experience in the summer ? We are a relatively young team and with Fadz, Kelly, Godden and possibly Allen off it feels like adding the odd older head might be helpful. One or two players who have been promoted from the championship before on more than one occasion might just give us the match savvy we will need next season.

Briles

@Saddlebrains do you know if robins is keen to add more experience in the summer ? We are a relatively young team and with Fadz, Kelly, Godden and possibly Allen off it feels like adding the odd older head might be helpful. One or two players who have been promoted from the championship before on more than one occasion might just give us the match savvy we will need next season.

think bidwell and Wilson would be our oldest players if those leave

PUSB-We_are_going_up

All of our players next season are 23 or above,
We’ll have 5 that turn 24
3 turning 25
1 turning 26 (assuming O’hare is off)
2 turning 27
3 turning 28
Allen turning 30
Wilson + Bidwell 32

So there is actually loads of experience there maybe we’ll see a couple young players around 20-23 brought in and a couple in the 27-30 range as we dont really need that old old head as I think Bidwell will be more than suitable as the older role model

messiahrobins

Sakamoto isn't a 10 , he's as near an old fashioned winger as you will see .
Well i actually would say a traditional winger is someone who plays on the side of the pitch that corresponds with their best foot. Sakamoto is left footed so isnt going to regularly go outside his full back and whip in a cross Dave Bennett style. Sakamoto is more likely to cut inside and shoot, which he is brilliant at. But as he is cutting in centrally, like many of his ilk i feel they can play a no10 role as they will be used to the more central areas.
that being said i think he will be used as a no.7 primarily obviously as we will get a new no.10 in, and i suspect that will be the marquee signing in the summer as the other signings i think will be squad players to develop who provide cover and competition for the likes of Simms and Eccles and Sakamoto. I think Torp will be used as competition for Sheaf.

messiahrobins

All of our players next season are 23 or above,
We’ll have 5 that turn 24
3 turning 25
1 turning 26 (assuming O’hare is off)
2 turning 27
3 turning 28
Allen turning 30
Wilson + Bidwell 32

So there is actually loads of experience there maybe we’ll see a couple young players around 20-23 brought in and a couple in the 27-30 range as we dont really need that old old head as I think Bidwell will be more than suitable as the older role model
The only 24/25/26 year old we get or maybe 27 will be a top class no.10. That will be the big signing i'll bet.
i think the new striker will be 18-22 with loads of potential and back up to Simms, the new winger will be similar age as back up to Sakamoto, Mason Clark is back up to Wright (some back up that btw!) and i think the new CM will be young as well and back up to Eccles as i think Torp will be more competition for Sheaf. I think Robins sees Sheaf as more of a Bryan Robson type player than out and out holder like Eccles.
I think Da Silva will be gone if a bid comes in for him from a lower level championship team as Burroughs will be back who can give cover in both FB positions.
We are very close now to the finished article Robins wants, probably 5 players short at the minute of the squad he wants, but i think bar the no.10 position we now have our first eleven here.

Chris1987

Well i actually would say a traditional winger is someone who plays on the side of the pitch that corresponds with their best foot. Sakamoto is left footed so isnt going to regularly go outside his full back and whip in a cross Dave Bennett style. Sakamoto is more likely to cut inside and shoot, which he is brilliant at. But as he is cutting in centrally, like many of his ilk i feel they can play a no10 role as they will be used to the more central areas.
that being said i think he will be used as a no.7 primarily obviously as we will get a new no.10 in, and i suspect that will be the marquee signing in the summer as the other signings i think will be squad players to develop who provide cover and competition for the likes of Simms and Eccles and Sakamoto. I think Torp will be used as competition for Sheaf.
Something we have really missed has been the defensive work of Saka . Easily forgotten but he was pretty immense in that respect

Users who are viewing this thread