Transfer targets (24 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

The only 24/25/26 year old we get or maybe 27 will be a top class no.10. That will be the big signing i'll bet.
i think the new striker will be 18-22 with loads of potential and back up to Simms, the new winger will be similar age as back up to Sakamoto, Mason Clark is back up to Wright (some back up that btw!) and i think the new CM will be young as well and back up to Eccles as i think Torp will be more competition for Sheaf. I think Robins sees Sheaf as more of a Bryan Robson type player than out and out holder like Eccles.
I think Da Silva will be gone if a bid comes in for him from a lower level championship team as Burroughs will be back who can give cover in both FB positions.
We are very close now to the finished article Robins wants, probably 5 players short at the minute of the squad he wants, but i think bar the no.10 position we now have our first eleven here.
I can see a 27+ CB such as McNair as we were linked in Jan

messiahrobins

Something we have really missed has been the defensive work of Saka . Easily forgotten but he was pretty immense in that respect
Yes absolutely agree. the only positive of him being injured is it means we wont have half the premier league making bids this summer which i think would have been the case had he played all season. He is a fantastic player. People forget he is settling in to a new country as well in a very physical league,

messiahrobins

I can see a 27+ CB such as McNair as we were linked in Jan
Really? Someone that age i would be concerned how they feel about being on the bench as i assume Kitching and Thomas are seen as first choice? Latabadieure at 24 i think is happy to fight for his place but would McNair? I think we may get Binks as he has not played much despite being on loan which to me suggests Bologna are happy for him not to play as they will be selling him. I like Binks, there is a player there.

Chris1987

Yes absolutely agree. the only positive of him being injured is it means we wont have half the premier league making bids this summer which i think would have been the case had he played all season. He is a fantastic player. People forget he is settling in to a new country as well in a very physical league,
Yes I think that this would have happened. His value to the team is considerable and must be integral to Robins plans moving forward. Top player and seems a genuinely lovely character to have in the squad .

Alkhen

Assuming we are in the Championship next season what would be the cut off price to cash in on Sheaf?

I can't really see 8-10m being a big enough temptation considering the time he has left on his contract and value to us if we want to mount a real promotion push next season. Of course it all hinges on him not getting his head turned but bar injury I doubt his value will drop that much. In the summer bump his wages, make him captain & tell him if we don't go up he can leave. and in the meantime search high and low for a young player that has the same attributes and stats as him to be his understudy for a year.

Viktor17

Only way Sheaf goes is if as you say, his head turns (which I sense won't happen) OR we get an offer too good - I think once your getting north of £15m we would start twitching........Personally it would have to be close to £20m to make me really think. As likely we will still command circa £10m next summer?

skybluecam

Assuming we are in the Championship next season what would be the cut off price to cash in on Sheaf?

I can't really see 8-10m being a big enough temptation considering the time he has left on his contract and value to us if we want to mount a real promotion push next season. Of course it all hinges on him not getting his head turned but bar injury I doubt his value will drop that much. In the summer bump his wages, make him captain & tell him if we don't go up he can leave. and in the meantime search high and low for a young player that has the same attributes and stats as him to be his understudy for a year.
I'd ask for 20 and probably take 15 or higher. But worry it would essentially set us back another year.

SleepyGinger

if £20m comes in for Sheaf we have to sell, that’s how the model works. He would be easier to replace than Gyokeres and arguably Hamer. Would still fancy us to push for top 2 next year with or without Sheaf.

wingy

That’s a start but games like today, Norwich, PNE and WBA we lacked something in midfield. My hope is that Torp adapts to English football and flourishes next season and Eccles adds layers to his game too. If we want to be a strong playoff team pushing automatics, we need someone as close to Hamer’s ability as possible.

Sorting out an AM is a top priority though - get that right and we’re well on our way.
PNE was a complete surrender not down midfield IMO but was Sheaf still out at that point?

Flying Fokker

Like to see the squad stay as settled as possible, so based on what has been seen recently something like this: -

Collins / Wilson
MVE / Burroughs – Thomas / Lati – Kitching / New CB – Bidwell / JDS
Sheaf / Torp – Eccles / Allen
Sakamoto / MVE – Palmer / New 10 – Wright / EMC
Simms / New 9

That's 3 new signings that can go into starting line-up if required (2 if Binks signs). And 4 slots left to fill a 25-man squad. I guess Tavares, Howley, and Obikwu would be considered for those. Expecting Moore, Kelly, O'hare, and Godden to leave.
T
Sell Sheaf for £20m. Buy back Hamer for £10m.
Have him back on season long loan?

Martin180

I just can’t see Sheaf being a target for a premier league side . He’s still not got the consistency needed as yesterday showed . We have a number of top end championship players but the gulf in class to the premier league is enormous . Of our current squad I can only see MvE , and possibly Wright and Kitching playing in the premier league at some point . And to be controversial I don’t see O’Hare as premier league standard

Hincha

CB, CM, AM, RW, ST are a minimum to cover 2 players in each position.

Can also see us going for a LB, GK, CB if we can stretch the budget.

Flying Fokker

I just can’t see Sheaf being a target for a premier league side . He’s still not got the consistency needed as yesterday showed . We have a number of top end championship players but the gulf in class to the premier league is enormous . Of our current squad I can only see MvE , and possibly Wright and Kitching playing in the premier league at some point . And to be controversial I don’t see O’Hare as premier league standard
There are plenty of inconsistent players in the Premiership. He’d fit into most squads.

Skybluedownunder

Only reason Ronnie Edwards hasn’t left yet is because they are holding out for big money. They’ll get a decent amount for him, more than we can afford. Maybe on loan from whoever he goes to though.

Burrows, Edwards and Kyprianou… raid one club like how we took Barnsley’s back line last season.

Package deal for taking all three and summer nearly done.

Yes we’d pay a slightly inflated price but less messing around

Not realistic but wouldn’t be a bad move.
At least 4 players would all know how to play with each other so less time to gel but would have to get used to our tactics and the way we play

They can also have any of Allen, Tavares, Godden, Wilson, JDS, Howley & Burroughs in exchange if they like to reduce the fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Bidwell's aging I hope we can bring in a left sided van ewijk to compete with him and ship Dasilva off. Harrison Burrows would be neat.

It's the easy thing to do on paper. Think we need to have a bit of faith that Da Silva can still come good. Viveash spoke about him in his recent interviews, said he hasn't had the season he would have wanted but that he's a good player that will hopefully show it next year.

Skybluedownunder

The Barnsley experiment has failed miserably unfortunately

For me, Thomas is the weak link. Even for Kitchings own goal it was Thomas poor header first. Bloke is an accident/misplaced pass waiting to happen.
Collins is average.

These Peterborough boys are very good players though

Viktor17

Do you think our defence is functioning well?
Thomas and kitching have shown there quality - wolves as a recent example. The issue is consistency, especially with Thomas - again, we buy rough diamonds. He will be better next season as will kitching.

Are we defending well, at times yes, times no.....but we still have 5/6th best defensive record in the league.

fernandopartridge

For me, Thomas is the weak link. Even for Kitchings own goal it was Thomas poor header first. Bloke is an accident/misplaced pass waiting to happen.
Collins is average.

These Peterborough boys are very good players though

How clueless - these players who are in a team challenging for the play offs in the Championship with the 5th best defence are shit, but these players playing in the league below in a team that is in appalling form and losing goals aplenty are very good.

skybluecam

It's the easy thing to do on paper. Think we need to have a bit of faith that Da Silva can still come good. Viveash spoke about him in his recent interviews, said he hasn't had the season he would have wanted but that he's a good player that will hopefully show it next year.
Dasilva is fine as a squad player at this level. If we could dominate games a bit more he’d be useful, offers more in possession than Bidwell.

Users who are viewing this thread