Transfer targets (12 Viewers)

Terry_dactyl

Moore, Kelly, O'Hare and Godden are definitely going

Binks we are keen on returning but Bologna seem to think they can demand more than hes worth

Allen is the only other one who we may lose but thats only if an acceptable bid comes in

Dont be surprised to see Tavares go either

I dont expect major surgery this summer. But i do expect those that come in to be of quality, especially when Vik moves on. Burroughs will be part of the squad as cover for any of the left or right sides

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Anyone expecting a flood of incomings will be disappointed. We have the base, we now just need to add quality and fine tune
Would EMC be the winger?

Sky Blue Pete

Binks we are keen on returning but Bologna seem to think they can demand more than hes worth

Allen is the only other one who we may lose but thats only if an acceptable bid comes in

I dont expect major surgery this summer. But i do expect those that come in to be of quality, especially when Vik moves on. Burroughs will be part of the squad as cover for any of the left or right sides

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Anyone expecting a flood of incomings will be disappointed. We have the base, we now just need to add quality and fine tune
If we got 5 quality first team players that would be a flood of incomings??
Woah we have changed

Saddlebrains

Or the player wants a move. Every player has his price.

I think Sheaf has a higher ceiling than Hamer and his fee should reflect that …..

He can want a move as much as he likes, with 2 years left on his contract if no one comes in with 15 million for him he's going nowhere

Deity

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

If Godden and Tavares both leave we will need 2 strikers in, even if one is a young proven one in the Tavares mould.

Based on Ade’s comments they see Torp as an 8 ( like Hamer ) and therefore they are likely to target another 6 ( cover for Sheaf with Kelly gone )

I could see Wilson move on too. Having been a number 1 for a season I doubt he will now want to be a number 2 for another season

Deity

He can want a move as much as he likes, with 2 years left on his contract if no one comes in with 15 million for him he's going nowhere
Totally agree. The club won’t want another COH situation and will have to decide whether to cash in this summer or next unless Sheaf signs a new deal.

ptr

We don’t need many. Solid pre season where we can actually take first team players on pre season tour, not the under 12’s. Should know each others names by the first game as well so that’s a bonus.

Start well for once and stay up there.

SleepyGinger

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Surely we can do better than Binks? Rather take a punt on someone from abroad.

Samo

Like to see the squad stay as settled as possible, so based on what has been seen recently something like this: -

Collins / Wilson
MVE / Burroughs – Thomas / Lati – Kitching / New CB – Bidwell / JDS
Sheaf / Torp – Eccles / Allen
Sakamoto / MVE – Palmer / New 10 – Wright / EMC
Simms / New 9

That's 3 new signings that can go into starting line-up if required (2 if Binks signs). And 4 slots left to fill a 25-man squad. I guess Tavares, Howley, and Obikwu would be considered for those. Expecting Moore, Kelly, O'hare, and Godden to leave.

So that's 5 leaving if you include Binks. Given that the squad is already light, I would say we will need at least 7 incoming.
(I don't think Burroughs or Howley are good enough to be part of a squad that's challenging for promotion, they've hardly sparkled out on loan.)

SleepyGinger

If you say so. I think you'd struggle to find many as good as Binks who are happy to play the role he's playing tbh.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
why would we spend money on someone who is at best an average back up to Kitching? Even when we play a back 3 he can’t get in the team. If we’re only signing 1 centre half as saddle suggested I’d be disappointed if it was him.

AFCCOVENTRY

There’s no doubt this summer is about tweaking the squad rather than mass changes. We only need a few more quality additions to challenge for autos next season, unless we go up this season of course…

Hobo

A lot of things depend on the probable sale of Vik , until we know what’s in the kitty .
Does anyone know how much is left from our sales this season, plus the large extra incomes from league attendances & FA cup run ?

King I would imagine re budget.

Martw

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

If they are all first team regulars then absolutely nobody could moan at that scenario.

Colin Steins Smile

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Anyone expecting a flood of incomings will be disappointed. We have the base, we now just need to add quality and fine tuneAsA

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Considering that we had 14 players leave last summer with us recruiting 11 new players and the potential of 4 - 7 more players leaving this next summer.
I would have thought we would be looking to add to the size of our current squad. If we sign 5 players + Burroughs returning + EMC, we are still with a similar sized squad. Unless they consider Andrews as a regular 1st team squad member for next season.

ptr

I think Burroughs will be part of first team squad next year. We have MVE and Lati that can play right back so won’t be signing another. Burroughs has done well at Lincoln, had an unlucky injury and can’t get back in as they are doing well. Has the physical attributes to do well for us.

napolimp

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Would a CM still be brought in if Allen stays? Do you know if they have their eyes on any 10's?

long way home

Mathias Kvistgaarden is a name we could see pop up in the summer. Think someone else mentioned him on here, he is young and plays in multiple positions. Just something i heard nothing more.

Matt smith

Mathias Kvistgaarden is a name we could see pop up in the summer. Think someone else mentioned him on here, he is young and plays in multiple positions. Just something i heard nothing more.
Yeah was mentioned on here actually I remember reading it

@Winny the Bish I think, looks like it would be a exciting signing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread