Transfer targets (12 Viewers)

Frostie

If we were going to nab someone from Huddersfield, I'd rather have Sorba Thomas. Creates an unreal amount of chances and would give us more speed on the wings.
Not convinced personally. Don't think he has enough about his all around game to fit into our style. Exceptional delivery though, particularly from set pieces.

Rudoni looked good in a shite Huddersfield team, I'd take him but definitely wouldn't break the bank. There will be better options especially if we have a bit of cash to spend and are willing to re invest the wages O'Hare is on.
He's a good player. Lot of upside in terms of his tenacity & work rate but the end product isn't always there. His finishing & ball striking particularly need work. Similar to O'Hare at that age I guess.
He's absolutely the type of project that MR & AV would relish, problem is he's under contract until 2026 with Huddersfield having the option of an additional year too so would be expensive & as you say, might be more favourable options at that price.

I think we looked at Dolan in Jan from blackburn, he's out of contract in summer. Still on radar
Can absolutely see that.

long way home

Big summer but need to keep certain players in this group together. I think we have 15 strong players under contract that we will need to build on. But outside of those we need to make decisions on at least 10 to determine what's needed to improve the squad

5 out of contract will be gone.
Binks not sure
Godden, Allen, JDS and Wilson i think we can improve on these players. But if they stay no problem.

Lastly does MR see a pathway for Obikwu, Burroughs and Howley its going to be a lot of moving parts come summer.

Martw

Big summer but need to keep certain players in this group together. I think we have 15 strong players under contract that we will need to build on. But outside of those we need to make decisions on at least 10 to determine what's needed to improve the squad

5 out of contract will be gone.
Binks not sure
Godden, Allen, JDS and Wilson i think we can improve on these players. But if they stay no problem.

Lastly does MR see a pathway for Obikwu, Burroughs and Howley its going to be a lot of moving parts come summer.
Apart from O Hare, who are the other 4 please?

samccov1987

Who is it we have as an option from posh? Like Kyprianou and Burrows from them.

Rudoni and Dolan would defo bee good additions.

Deity

Kyprianou seems to be the player Posh fans think was the one we asked for first option on …. Would make sense …. Kelly going, Sheaf attracting interest from bigger clubs …. Likes to sit in front of back 4.

napolimp

Like to see the squad stay as settled as possible, so based on what has been seen recently something like this: -

Collins / Wilson
MVE / Burroughs – Thomas / Lati – Kitching / New CB – Bidwell / JDS
Sheaf / Torp – Eccles / Allen
Sakamoto / MVE – Palmer / New 10 – Wright / EMC
Simms / New 9

That's 3 new signings that can go into starting line-up if required (2 if Binks signs). And 4 slots left to fill a 25-man squad. I guess Tavares, Howley, and Obikwu would be considered for those. Expecting Moore, Kelly, O'hare, and Godden to leave.

long way home

We have to challenge Bidwell, Collins and Eccles as well as replace Godden. In my opinion Wilson, JDS and Allen are players we could get better depth. If Sheaf stays then we need 4 more, if he goes we need 5 players that are ready made starters.

skyblue_55

A lot of things depend on the probable sale of Vik , until we know what’s in the kitty .
Does anyone know how much is left from our sales this season, plus the large extra incomes from league attendances & FA cup run ?

Brighton Sky Blue

A lot of things depend on the probable sale of Vik , until we know what’s in the kitty .
Does anyone know how much is left from our sales this season, plus the large extra incomes from league attendances & FA cup run ?
Probably a couple of mill if that

ptr

Lad I mentioned from Port Vale yesterday is today being linked with Man United. Robins and recruitment team not quick enough.

Next…Jayden Danns on loan from Liverpool? Similar hair to Simms so must be decent.

skybluecam

Starting 11 wise I think it’s only possibly attacking midfield and left back we might look to improve on. Then depth at right wing, CB and striker (assuming Godden leaves). Were in a good place.

skyblue025

Starting 11 wise I think it’s only possibly attacking midfield and left back we might look to improve on. Then depth at right wing, CB and striker (assuming Godden leaves). Were in a good place.
You try and improve every position if you can. If this years starters are next years back ups it means the squad is stronger.

skybluecam

You try and improve every position if you can. If this years starters are next years back ups it means the squad is stronger.
Nah, some stability will be good for us. Keep the core in place. Since switching to 4 at the back we’ve not been far off automatic promotion form.

skyblue025

Each to their own. Personally if we can improve on a player I would. As much as I love tats I’d not turn down Whittaker from Plymouth. I’d take Smozdics over Palmer despite him playing well.

skyblueelephant76

Smodzic has only had this season as an influential championship player (palmer has (happy to be corrected) never been one (fits n starts perhaps). We need at least one new AM for next season (maybe 2). That position is critical. Happy with palmers recent form but his finishing is poor).

We’ll never get Whittaker unless Plymouth drop and we can get him for 5 mill. Apparently we were linked last summer but might just be bullshit rumours.
I honestly think we have 3 more transfer windows to go before we see the finished article and sheaf, wright, Simms may have moved on by then. We’re a selling club unless Doug is different. The 4 years on Simms and wright helps hang on to them
Smozdics was linked with Celtic and Brentford today. He's 29 next season and this year has been a freak like Akpom last year (Smozdics only scored 7 last year).

He'll probably end up at a relegated Prem team looking for an instant return and not worried about future value.

Whittaker is well out of our league unless we went up.

Saddlebrains

Moore, Kelly, O'Hare and Godden are definitely going

Binks we are keen on returning but Bologna seem to think they can demand more than hes worth

Allen is the only other one who we may lose but thats only if an acceptable bid comes in

Dont be surprised to see Tavares go either

I dont expect major surgery this summer. But i do expect those that come in to be of quality, especially when Vik moves on. Burroughs will be part of the squad as cover for any of the left or right sides

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Anyone expecting a flood of incomings will be disappointed. We have the base, we now just need to add quality and fine tune

larry_david

Moore, Kelly, O'Hare and Godden are definitely going

Binks we are keen on returning but Bologna seem to think they can demand more than hes worth

Allen is the only other one who we may lose but thats only if an acceptable bid comes in

Dont be surprised to see Tavares go either

I dont expect major surgery this summer. But i do expect those that come in to be of quality, especially when Vik moves on. Burroughs will be part of the squad as cover for any of the left or right sides

Expect to see.

Winger
Centre midfielder
A new number 10
Centre half
Striker

Anyone expecting a flood of incomings will be disappointed. We have the base, we now just need to add quality and fine tune
But will we lose Sheaf?

Users who are viewing this thread