Transfer targets (24 Viewers)

Martin180

Nothing against the Kosovan league but I’m not sure we will be scouting that one!
Never say never
Might've been a few Man City fans saying the same thing about Georgie Kinkladzhe when he signed from the Georgian league

Samo

What did everyone think of Rudoni yesterday?

Alkhen

What did everyone think of Rudoni yesterday?
Rudoni looked good in a shite Huddersfield team, I'd take him but definitely wouldn't break the bank. There will be better options especially if we have a bit of cash to spend and are willing to re invest the wages O'Hare is on.

Alkhen

What I want (what I really, really want) is a bit of succession planning.

I reckon it's clear Sheaf will be in demand, luckily he has time on his contract so won't come cheap.

I'd like us to get the recruitment team running their supercomputers to unearth a younger Sheaf regen who is hitting similar stats in a lower quality league. Someone we can bring in and start the process of getting them ready for the Championship whilst we still have Ben around to show them how it's done.

I reckon that sort of setup is our next evolution. The loss of Hamer in particular was far too jarring at the beginning of the season. If we can start taking a few more punts by bringing in prospect players that have similar stat sets to our key players we'll be able to handle the transition of losing players through sales and injury.

ovduk78

Rudoni looked good in a shite Huddersfield team, I'd take him but definitely wouldn't break the bank. There will be better options especially if we have a bit of cash to spend and are willing to re invest the wages O'Hare is on.
What about Koroma & Sorba Thomas who was suspended yesterday?

SeaSeeEffCee

I am very wary of buying players purely because they’ve looked good against us. At the end of the day it’s only 2 games out of a 46 game season. For all we know he’s been shite in the rest of their games.

Mucca Mad Boys

What I want (what I really, really want) is a bit of succession planning.

I reckon it's clear Sheaf will be in demand, luckily he has time on his contract so won't come cheap.

I'd like us to get the recruitment team running their supercomputers to unearth a younger Sheaf regen who is hitting similar stats in a lower quality league. Someone we can bring in and start the process of getting them ready for the Championship whilst we still have Ben around to show them how it's done.

I reckon that sort of setup is our next evolution. The loss of Hamer in particular was far too jarring at the beginning of the season. If we can start taking a few more punts by bringing in prospect players that have similar stat sets to our key players we'll be able to handle the transition of losing players through sales and injury.

Midfield will be an area of focus in the off-season. We’ll have 3 first team CMs (4 if you include Allen) and we extra bodies to get through 50 games. Apparently our option is the P’Boro midfielder, Kyprianou who looks like he’d be a great fit. Then, we need another wide player in to support Saka, EMC and Wright.

Finally, replacing COH will be of great importance too. Palmer is stepping up nicely but needs to add more goals and assists to his game.

If we genuinely want promotion and to stay in the Prem: which is the stated goal of DK and MR. We will need to be ruthless in our recruitment.

TomRad85

Marc Leonard maybe from Brighton who’s on loan at Northampton? He’s been mentioned on rumour sites a few times. Hes a midfielder and that’s all that I know about him
He's good.. I've kept an eye out since the link.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Marc Leonard maybe from Brighton who’s on loan at Northampton? He’s been mentioned on rumour sites a few times. Hes a midfielder and that’s all that I know about him

Might not be that cheap if he is coming from Brighton. That said worked with Vik!

Basically we need to copy their homework and aim for a recruitment set up like they have. They seem totally comfortable selling a few key players a year for huge fees and back filling with similar players sourced from all over the globe.

Alkhen

Yep, look how bad they had it 20 odd years ago and look at them now
Yeah I had family down there back when they were at the Withdean. Matches there were such a bleak experience.

Does make me annoyed that teams like Brighton, Brentford and Bournemouth have risen when teams like us were left to rot.

I know they all have had major investment but watching our succession of poor owners, either creaming off money in the prem or the grim lack of any vision or care shown by SISU has hobbled us. Really glad we seem to have a plan now.

TomRad85

If we were going to nab someone from Huddersfield, I'd rather have Sorba Thomas. Creates an unreal amount of chances and would give us more speed on the wings.
Him and Sakamoto competing for the right side would be really good tbf

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Take it we all think we’ll still be in the championship next season then?
Not ruling it out but we have a lot of plates spinning. On paper with the 3 teams that came down from the prem I always thought it would be a building season. I'd be fine if we fell short. Next season looks a lot more open and we should be a lot more settled come the first game.

Users who are viewing this thread