Transfer targets (6 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

It does worry me that Tavares is still here. Would’ve thought he’d have gone out which would leave a space. Robins won’t be using him in league games.
Why would it worry you? If he is here and doesn't play how does that make any difference to how we play compared to if he isn't here anyway. Why do people have to be disparaging about this player all the time?

Cheylesmore ITK

If we play Simms out wide we are then relying on Godden up front. If you’re happy with that then fair enough but me personally would be disappointed
That is a back up option and it is more likely Saka plays the rest of the season.

I'd prefer another player in but if we have to go with Simms and Palmer who can play there as RW back up then it isn't the end of the world.

Cheylesmore ITK

Lol what's over my head exactly. You know as well as I do that Saka was a massive part of rescuing a point in that dire performance against Bristol. You can't refute it.
The point I was making was not about last night but that we can and have played a back 4 without Sakamoto.

That is what went over your head, understand?

Mucca Mad Boys

We did briefly away at Preston, Simms played right. Also MVE had pushed up and Lati into right back on the very odd occasion Saka has come off early.

I wouldn't choose to start with that. We desperately need some wing cover.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Simms, looked okay as well.
PNE was our last game starting 3-4-1-2 in the league, right?

It’s worth pointing out that we haven’t won a game playing 4-2-3-1 where Sakamoto hasn’t started RM. When he was started, he’s played 90m in all but 3 times. I don’t think it’s an understatement to say that his contributions have been fundamental to this formation.

As others have mentioned, there is no real cover to Sakamoto - Allen, Palmer, Simms or perhaps MVE. The more likely outcome is a formation switch if Sakamoto gets injured.

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

The point I was making was not about last night but that we can and have played a back 4 without Sakamoto.

That is what went over your head, understand?
Nothing has gone over my head. Your argument is ridiculous. Just because we have played a back 4 without Sakamoto, doesn't mean we should. To suggest in any way that he isn't vital to our current success is absolutely lunacy.

ptr

Why would it worry you? If he is here and doesn't play how does that make any difference to how we play compared to if he isn't here anyway. Why do people have to be disparaging about this player all the time?
So it doesn’t worry you that our back up right winger is probably Tavares? I’m not having a go at him but Robins isn’t using him and I think we would all rather another winger come in?

Hertsccfc

So it doesn’t worry you that our back up right winger is probably Tavares? I’m not having a go at him but Robins isn’t using him and I think we would all rather another winger come in?
I keep saying we need a winger and a striker. Failure to get these will be slightly worrying but whether ir not Tavares goes on loan doesn't really bother me .

ptr

I keep saying we need a winger and a striker. Failure to get these will be slightly worrying but whether ir not Tavares goes on loan doesn't really bother me .
So you would be happy for Tavares to not get any game time at all? You literally just said you don’t get why people talk badly of him but if he never plays then you have to trust the judgement of Robins. He’s crying out for a loan move.

Matt smith

So you would be happy for Tavares to not get any game time at all? You literally just said you don’t get why people talk badly of him but if he never plays then you have to trust the judgement of Robins. He’s crying out for a loan move.
We can’t afford to let him go on loan at the moment

Cheylesmore ITK

Anyway

What I find baffling is the idea that the club don't know we could do with a back up winger.

The issue is getting someone who is good enough to not be to big a step down without them wanting to be a first choice player.

Can we get someone worth bringing in who will be happy with the role we can give them.

Hertsccfc

He's just coming back from a serious injury.

Hoofhearted

Jeez, some of you jokers need to have a lie down. We've signed what looks like a decent midfield player. We have Haji to get back up to full speed. The window isn't even closed yet, and we have posters mentioning playing Fleetwood in a few years.
Ooooh GIF

Cheylesmore ITK

Jeez, some of you jokers need to have a lie down. We've signed what looks like a decent midfield player. We have Haji to get back up to full speed. The window isn't even closed yet, and we have posters mentioning playing Fleetwood in a few years.
I had hoped the person mentioned playing Fleetwood in 5 years was being sarcastic. Sadly it's likely they were not.

long way home

Its not the end of the world if we get nobody through the door. It would be nice to have more options but we will beok and will continue to be
a competitive team. Does this squad get into the play offs, who knows.

All i see is that we are younger and deeper in quality with our own players tied to long contracts. So far have more points, more goals, more wins and less loses than we did at same point last season. Which on current form will lead to another season of improvement.

Off the field, better facilities, higher average attendances and are creating a name as a club that is an attractive proposition for players to develop. We are a big club with top fans let the process run it course, MR knows what he is doing. And no matter what we are going faster in an upward trend tgan most 15 months ago any of is would of thought was possible

procdoc

It’s the same idiots every transfer window moaning that we’re ‘desperate’, ‘we won’t ever be able to cope’, ‘injuries will kill us’, ‘lack of ambition’.

Robins isn’t stupid. Just give your brains a rest for everyone’s sake.
I wouldn’t say we are desperate but it’s blindingly obvious we need one more winger as an option

Perryccfc

I don’t know why people are going so heads in sand shouting that we don’t need to sign anyone. It’s obvious that we’re light on the wings now that we’ve switched to 4-3-3 and could really do with some cover. It’s not negative to say that.
Totally agree. It’s the hyperbole that comes with it that’s ridiculous.

Cheylesmore ITK

I don’t know why people are going so heads in sand shouting that we don’t need to sign anyone. It’s obvious that we’re light on the wings now that we’ve switched to 4-3-3 and could really do with some cover. It’s not negative to say that.
Who is saying that?

What people are saying is that while we need more cover it is not the end of the world or season if we don't.

Users who are viewing this thread