Transfer targets (17 Viewers)

ptr

it genuinely baffles me how we aren’t just goimg and getting someone on loan for six months

Sunderland signing a winger and signed a left back from Leeds

hull are strengthening

Bristol city strengthening

Who says we aren’t?

Robins isn’t daft. Someone will sign tomorrow.

SleepyGinger

it genuinely baffles me how we aren’t just goimg and getting someone on loan for six months

Sunderland signing a winger and signed a left back from Leeds

hull are strengthening

Bristol city strengthening
You say that like it’s easy. The club will be aware we need some depth on the wings, shown by the interest in the lad who went to Benfica. If we don’t sign anyone it’s because our targets weren’t available for a price we were willing to pay.

I haven’t seen any signings by teams in our league I’m jealous of yet?

Cheylesmore ITK

You say that like it’s easy. The club will be aware we need some depth on the wings, shown by the interest in the lad who went to Benfica. If we don’t sign anyone it’s because our targets weren’t available for a price we were willing to pay.

I haven’t seen any signings by teams in our league I’m jealous of yet?
He's a bit of drama queen to be fair.

Alkhen

Not ruling it out of course

But i really feel if we dont get some cover in them wing or Striker positions, we are basically writing this season off as nothing more than a punt, which i find very odd considering our current league position
Feels like this season is a punt whatever way you slice it, always was going to be with Southampton, Leicester and Leeds getting relegated.

I know we relatively well off and could invest, but it's notoriously hard to to get any sort of value out of the market in January. I'll be disappointed not to get at least 1 winger in for cover but it may serve us well to save as much money as we can for the summer window.

Mucca Mad Boys

He was our best player ??
I agree, but as mentioned elsewhere, I think the team looked tired as a whole.

changing back to 5 atb is the definition of our season going to shit

We did it at Wednesday in the cup and it was dreadful to watch

It was bad when Sheaf and Torp went off. If Sakamoto and Wright gets injured, we don’t really have anyone to play out wide. It’s important to note COH wasn’t playing either.

If we can’t get a wide player in we would just have to make do with what we’ve got. Unfortunately, our recruitment in the summer built the team with 3-4-1-2 in mind.

How would the box work in this scenario, 4-2-2-2?

It wouldn’t be ideal because like I said after Sheffield Wednesday that 3-4-1-2 is ‘dead’. Sakamoto is the reason we play 4-2-3-1 atm and without him, no one can really play RM.

In all likelihood, we’d revert to 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1:

Collins
Thomas
Kitching
Binks
MVE
Sheaf*
Eccles/Torp
Bidwell
COH
Palmer/Simms/Allen
Wright

Allen/Palmer/Simms depends on formation. Tactically, not much actually changes - but there’d be more of an onus on COH (and the other AM) to work in the spaces and more reliance on Bidwell and MVE.

Disclaimer: I’m not an expert and could be totally wrong.

*Expecting Sheaf to be out for 4+ weeks when thinking

Mucca Mad Boys

Binks in for Kitching
Lati in for MVE
Dasilva in for Bidwell
Wilson in for Collins
Palmer in for O'Hare
Binks/Lati in for Thomas

They are all reasonable backups. There really isn't a reasonable backup option for Saka.

100% agree and I’d go as far as to say that without Sakamoto, we probably won’t play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

shmmeee

How would the box work in this scenario, 4-2-2-2?

Basically the L2 formation

Based on his comments I don’t think King agrees but doesn’t want to overrule MR

Think people have misunderstood that comment TBH.
Not ruling it out of course

But i really feel if we dont get some cover in them wing or Striker positions, we are basically writing this season off as nothing more than a punt, which i find very odd considering our current league position

Being stone cold sober sky blue specs off for a second, beating out two of the current top four is a massive ask. Next season we likely have Ipswich plus either the three that went up or two plus Everton. Playoff chances next year are much better if there’s no rush.

Users who are viewing this thread