Transfer targets (7 Viewers)

Hobo

He has had lots of runs of games in the centre, including a run of seven, and has played in every match, the vast majority of the time in the centre. He needs time to develop away from the first team in my view, as we did with Gyokeres. Constantly playing him is not helping in my view, which is why we need another striker or to move Wright into the centre.

That's a reasonable observation. To be honest I am happy to trust the judgement of the people who work with him day in day out. What is clear he does have something to offer, but yes we need to improve him. But I think it is too early to bin him off as not good enough.

Manchester_sky_blue

The thing is what players can do in training and what they do in game time is often two different things.

I used to watch Callum O'Hare shooting in the kick in before games and he really was a consistent sweet finisher. Before coming back from injury he couldn't hit a barn door in a match.

Like I said earlier, I think Simms needs a run of games in the centre of the three. We just need to back him like we did Gyokerese - who didn't get going until his second season.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Deity

He has had lots of runs of games in the centre, including a run of seven, and has played in every match, the vast majority of the time in the centre. He needs time to develop away from the first team in my view, as we did with Gyokeres. Constantly playing him is not helping in my view, which is why we need another striker or to move Wright into the centre.
The issue is that playing under 23 football will do nothing for his confidence and feeling valued by Robins and frankly the standard is poor.

He just needs a few goals … he was getting into a better rhythm until he was dropped for the Oxford match because Godden had complained of a lack of match time …

shmmeee

Think it will be tricky, but Saka and O'Hare back in, a raucous Singers Corner and I think we'll be fine. Having seen Torp taking corners, I think we might score a few more from set pieces when/if he breaks through as a regular.

£2.1m signing and asking “if he breaks through” people calling 23k at home on a Tuesday in Jan “selling poorly”.

What is this club and what have you done with Coventry City?

Hertsccfc

That's a reasonable observation. To be honest I am happy to trust the judgement of the people who work with him day in day out. What is clear he does have something to offer, but yes we need to improve him. But I think it is too early to bin him off as not good enough.
I am not saying bin him off. I am saying take the pressure off him for now for his sake and the team.

Hobo

I am not saying bin him off. I am saying take the pressure off him for now for his sake and the team.

I didn't say you did it was just a general statement But some people who sit behind me every home game seem to think so.

Bertola

Harvey Knibbs from Reading supposedly has Championship interest.

12 goals and 5 assists this season so far, can play on either wing or through the middle, and mates with Cal from their days at Villa. Wouldn't be against it

Martin180

12 goals and 5 assists this season so far, can play on either wing or through the middle, and mates with Cal from their days at Villa. Wouldn't be against it
Femi Azeez would be the Reading player I'd like to see us sign

CovLad94

Still fairly young, probably not hit his "ceiling" yet, plays as a winger or a 10 and wouldn't be a big money risk. Makes sense. Reading having a yard sale so will probably sell for peanuts..

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How much time did we give Gyokeres? He was pretty underwhelming during his loan wasn't he?

In fact he was similar to Simms in a few ways. Cumbersome with the ball, first touch erratic and not as strong on the ball as you'd expect for his size. And goal returns was something like 3 in 30. Sound familiar?

I actually don't agree with this. I thought Gyökeres during his loan spell showed a lot of great qualities. His ability to fight a losing battle for the ball every single time being one of them. I was genuinely happy when we signed him.

I do agree that 6 months is not long enough for Simms, and he should be given time. He's still young and has plenty of room to develop into a good player. That said, those making out that he's currently a handful and playing very well aren't correct in my opinion. I think that position has been a massive weak link propped up by the rest of the team. Him and Godden seem to be taking it in turns to do their best not to be picked.

Watch him score a hatrick tonight now!

SBT

Mr and Mrs Al-Hamadi rumoured to be interested in starting a family, ideally a boy who could one day grow up to garner interest from Ipswich

Users who are viewing this thread