Transfer targets (8 Viewers)

Balli001

Not sure we need to with 4 at the back? Thomas and Kitching are great and you'd seriously struggle to get anyone as back up better than Lati or Binks.
If you think you can do better of course you should always strive to do so but I don't see it as a priority at all.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Lati is his utility player. I think the wants 4 as well as

shmmeee

I don't disagree. Would you maybe agree RB isn't a position of strength then simply because we only have MVE as top tier?

We do, but we have Burroughs and Lats and Saka and Eccles who could do a job in a pinch (well not Burroughs right now). And I think MvE is a better RB than Thomas is a CB. Though he was excellent yesterday and saved Kitchings skin a few times.

covcity4life

We do, but we have Burroughs and Lats and Saka and Eccles who could do a job in a pinch (well not Burroughs right now). And I think MvE is a better RB than Thomas is a CB. Though he was excellent yesterday and saved Kitchings skin a few times.
Ok fair enough. One of these we have to agree to disagree on

That said if we bring in a CB obviously ideally he is as good or better than what we have as that benefits us overall

shmmeee

Ok fair enough. One of these we have to agree to disagree on

That said if we bring in a CB obviously ideally he is as good or better than what we have as that benefits us overall

Im still trying to work out where this grandson of a Nazi collaborator from Argentina would fit in. Wright to CF? Saka to the bench? Clearly there’s no stopping us upgrading where we see it

covcity4life

Im still trying to work out where this grandson of a Nazi collaborator from Argentina would fit in. Wright to CF? Saka to the bench? Clearly there’s no stopping us upgrading where we see it
We don't need if he would be an upgrade. Just looking to bring in best we can.

I imagine saka would drop out but so many games in championship he would still hry game time. Especially as a sub

procdoc

We don't need if he would be an upgrade. Just looking to bring in best we can.

I imagine saka would drop out but so many games in championship he would still hry game time. Especially as a sub
We won’t be dropping Saka. One of the best wingers in the league currently

procdoc

And if we are signing someone from a league such as Argentinian etc, they will need time to adapt so will unlikely come straight in as a starter, regardless of the fee. Wright was sub first few games

procdoc

Many said he needed a rest yesterday though? and currently we don't have the players to allow for that.
Yes I agree with you there. We haven’t got anyone to bring in for him currently, any new signing will start on the bench as they acclimatise and earn their place. At least we can sub Saka after an hour if he’s tired then!

procdoc

In an ideal world for squad depth I’d still like x 2 wingers, x 1 striker, x 1 centre half and another AM to compete with and then replace COH if he leaves. I’m being greedy!

skyblue_55

Let’s all hope that our recruitment team have that plan B & C in place & we can get a rapid winger in to help Saka’s progress in this tough championship & beyond ?

Diogenes

Godden might not quite be at the races but he's still bagged 6 - I wouldn't be moving him on until we've strengthened.

Realistically - we need a striker + a replacement for Godden should he move on.

Users who are viewing this thread