Transfer targets (10 Viewers)

slowpoke

That’s an agent doing agent things …..
That’s probably the accurate thing ball might still be in the players court but being realistic as clubs go Benfica is different gravy to us but having said that the prospect playing in our PL & in England might make him think.

Last edited:

TomRad85

If the story is true though it could be an interesting end to January. I can't imagine they'd put all their eggs in the basket of a player like that.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

On loan at Benfica, supposedly option to buy. If it doesn’t work out for whatever reason might be an opportunity in the summer.

slowpoke

If the story is true though it could be an interesting end to January. I can't imagine they'd put all their eggs in the basket of a player like that.

Hard to take in we are seriously shopping in the world transfer market & for decent fees.
Sure Robins has his shopping list and doubt it will all be achieved this month.

TomRad85

Maybe a move for that Swedish winger isn’t as unrealistic as we all thought?
We can take from all over Scandinavia now, its just whether another club from higher up comes in at the same time I suppose.

StrettoBoy

The report I read said that Rollheiser can play left wing, right wing or as a 10.

That flexibility would have been useful to us even if COH stays and would have given us a ready-made replacement if he goes.

It's a pity we lost out - if the report is true - but it's good to see the club showing some ambition.

Monty

I think we are in with a chance of many players both within and outside the UK who are out of contract in the summer. As we have discussed with OHare clubs now need to decide to sell to get some income or let them leave on a free, puts us in a good position to bargain

slowpoke

Have only spent £2m of the Gus money so far. Could afford two £6m players.
Not sure if that is accurate, there’s a list somewhere of our ins & outs and it has 4 million of the Gyokeres fee left then there’s the Hamer money on to plus any extra we might get if/when Vik moves on.

skyblue_55

I know it might sound boring , especially after todays revelation , but there are 2 signings ( Smodiczs & Wharton ) from Blackburn, to enhance our team & Liam millar from Preston
They know this league , are presently playing in poor teams & IF our pot of money is that full , let’s cement our place in the playoffs & increase their valuations along the way ?

TomRad85

I know it might sound boring , especially after todays revelation , but there are 2 signings ( Smodiczs & Wharton ) from Blackburn, to enhance our team & Liam millar from Preston
They know this league , are presently playing in poor teams & IF our pot of money is that full , let’s cement our place in the playoffs & increase their valuations along the way ?
It is boring compared to exciting overseas imports but taking the better players from poorer teams is a perfectly acceptable form of recruitment. You don't always get good value in the Championship however.

Hobo

There is a danger with going public about ambitious signings you can't/don't get. Other clubs start to expect you to over pay for their players. It might show ambition, but it can backfire on you.

I'm all for the club keeping their targets close to their chest. Failed bids are of no value really, they don't improve or weaken the current squad.

ovduk78

There is a danger with going public about ambitious signings you can't/don't get. Other clubs start to expect you to over pay for their players. It might show ambition, but it can backfire on you.

I'm all for the club keeping their targets close to their chest. Failed bids are of no value really, they don't improve or weaken the current squad.
We can't stop Nixon or anyone else posting whatever shit they want though whether it is true or not

procdoc

So clearly we are after a winger and one that will likely go straight into the team. So who is out there that fits the profile? @Tea & Busquets tagging you as you have a wealth of knowledge on the leagues across the globe

TomRad85

Yes, or move Wright to the centre and bring in someone to play on the left.
I think Wrights been too good on the left, he looks way more natural there than in the middle, although of course he'll spend some time in the middle I'm sure.
We defo do need another wide forward regardless though, as I said further up I think, preferably one that can play either side.

Users who are viewing this thread