Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

Deity

By Alan Nixon

Coventry City missed out on a stunning deal for Argentinian winger Benjamin Rollheiser despite offering a stunning £9 million.

The Sky Blues are set to lose out to Portuguese giants Benfica after weeks of trying to land the Estudiantes star.

Coventry bid £6.5 million up front and an extra £2.5 million on promotion but Benfica came up with more guaranteed cash.

larry_david

By Alan Nixon

Coventry City missed out on a stunning deal for Argentinian winger Benjamin Rollheiser despite offering a stunning £9 million.

The Sky Blues are set to lose out to Portuguese giants Benfica after weeks of trying to land the Estudiantes star.

Coventry bid £6.5 million up front and an extra £2.5 million on promotion but Benfica came up with more guaranteed cash.
Stunning and stunning!

Joking aside in stunned at this

Sky Blue Pete

By Alan Nixon

What, so Nixon did know something
Who’dve thought

AFCCOVENTRY

Some big clubs at Europe were after him. Who knows if it’s true or not but does match up that we’re after another winger.

Manchester_sky_blue

I assume Nixon gets all his info from agents and he can say pretty much whatever he wants as the club is never going to confirm or deny. Suspect any interest we had would only have been superficial, if we had any at all but to be honest, this kind of story probably doesn't do us any harm, being spoken about in the same breath as quality players.

Winny the Bish

I was told the same name after the game last night. Way I was told it was we had a bid accepted then his agents offered him round and Benfica jumped in.

Deity

I assume Nixon gets all his info from agents and he can say pretty much whatever he wants as the club is never going to confirm or deny. Suspect any interest we had would only have been superficial, if we had any at all but to be honest, this kind of story probably doesn't do us any harm, being spoken about in the same breath as quality players.
What’s your logic for assuming we weren’t really that interested ?

Mucca Mad Boys

I was told the same name after the game last night. Way I was told it was we had a bid accepted then his agents offered him round and Benfica jumped in.

Ambitious target indeed. If his agent is offering him around like that after a bid was accepted, the player probably wasn’t interested.

Users who are viewing this thread