Transfer targets (12 Viewers)

long way home

Mighten could be a good fit for us, young, quick and attack minded. Be a player id take and would add, even potentially loan to buy i would of thought.

SBAndy

Alex Mighten just been recalled by Forest after an insucessful loan spell in Belgium. Hasn’t really done anything and likely will go down to maybe league 1 but I remember seeing him a couple of times a few seasons ago and he looked brilliant at times. Defo someone with a lot of potential at only 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s an interesting player and one that I’ve looked at in the past. His underlying stats, however, have been pretty crap all things considered even in his loan spell with Sheff Wed in L1. I do think there’s a player in there and age is on his side but it’d be pretty underwhelming.

Oggysstarjumps

Max Bird at Derby out of contract in the summer and looks like he's reluctant to sign a new one. Good on the ball, versatile defensive or box to box midfielder, from the admittedly limited amount I've seen of him. Hull said to be interested.

rexo87

He’s an interesting player and one that I’ve looked at in the past. His underlying stats, however, have been pretty crap all things considered even in his loan spell with Sheff Wed in L1. I do think there’s a player in there and age is on his side but it’d be pretty underwhelming.

Believe he was played out of position at wing back at Sheffield Wednesday. I think at 21 with Dennis/Adi’s coaching he wouldn’t be a bad low cost option to provide back up on the wings

Manchester_sky_blue

Max Bird at Derby out of contract in the summer and looks like he's reluctant to sign a new one. Good on the ball, versatile defensive or box to box midfielder, from the admittedly limited amount I've seen of him. Hull said to be interested.
Hull bid for him in the summer but Derby turned down the offer. He's 23 now so you've got to think it's make or break time for him to step up.

CovLad94

Alex Mighten just been recalled by Forest after an insucessful loan spell in Belgium. Hasn’t really done anything and likely will go down to maybe league 1 but I remember seeing him a couple of times a few seasons ago and he looked brilliant at times. Defo someone with a lot of potential at only 21

Great shout, can see him being a possible target, especially playing out in Belgium too.

Hutch11

🤣 do you really think Eccles is good enough to play in the Premier League?
He did say potentially and potentially why not
The kid has come on leaps and bounds this season and if he keeps improving at the same rate its quite possible
I don't get the doubters on here sometimes , Eccles has been excellent this season and for me is getting better and better

Martin180

The kid has come on leaps and bounds this season and if he keeps improving at the same rate its quite possible
I don't get the doubters on here sometimes , Eccles has been excellent this season and for me is getting better and better
Problem is you get the usual diatribe about him .
" He's too slow on the ball"
" His corners are shit "
" He doesn't get forward enough "
Etc etc

And others repeat it as if it's gospel when in reality it isnt . Since the first game of the season when he played rwb and marked Mavdidi out of the game he's been one of our most consistent performers

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Eccles is a good player, but at this level in my opinion he struggles at the minute and isn’t a first choice - he’s a decent bench option…he is probably under the right management team to bring any potential out though

Having said that, if you compare him to say Maddison at this stage then JM was head and shoulders above where Eccles is, and I couldn’t see a premier league team looking at Eccles, or to be honest even a team at our level - you may think different?

I personally prefer Latibeaudiere playing with Sheaf in midfield and I think Sheaf also looks better with a more defensively solid player alongside him

fatso

Fucking mental how many people on here rate Simms but knock Eccles.

I mean WTAF has Simms done since he's been here?

Oh wait, maybe he needs more time to fucking gel !!!

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Problem is you get the usual diatribe about him .
" He's too slow on the ball"
" His corners are shit "
" He doesn't get forward enough "
Etc etc

And others repeat it as if it's gospel when in reality it isnt . Since the first game of the season when he played rwb and marked Mavdidi out of the game he's been one of our most consistent performers

his corners are shocking though, I don’t think you can argue otherwise, but that doesn’t make him a bad player and I’m not sure (some) people think he is bad, but he doesn’t set the world alight and at 24 this year he should really be kicking on now if he’s to be considered in the same bracket as Hamer / Maddison / other top quality midfielders we’ve had or that are operating at our level at the minute…

yeah he’s consistent, but consistently average, and that’s not necessarily what we need when we’re pushing for promotion is it? I can’t agree he’s one of our better players, and I also don’t agree he marked Mavididi out the game against Leicester - as I saw it he was found out of position quite a bit and other defenders had to come over to cover that side, but that’s just what I saw…and in any event he’s probably judged more on his performances in midfield given I think that’s his preferred position

I really don’t think he’s bad by any stretch, and unlike some I’m not in the camp of getting on his back and constantly picking him out for criticism, he has had some decent bits in games this season, but realistically how many would say hand on heart they’d be that disappointed if he wasn’t in the team?

At this stage in his career surely he needs to start showing more of his potential if he’s to be considered a premier league prospect?

Martin180

his corners are shocking though, I don’t think you can argue otherwise, but that doesn’t make him a bad player and I’m not sure (some) people think he is bad, but he doesn’t set the world alight and at 24 this year he should really be kicking on now if he’s to be considered in the same bracket as Hamer / Maddison / other top quality midfielders we’ve had or that are operating at our level at the minute…

yeah he’s consistent, but consistently average, and that’s not necessarily what we need when we’re pushing for promotion is it? I can’t agree he’s one of our better players, and I also don’t agree he marked Mavididi out the game against Leicester - as I saw it he was found out of position quite a bit and other defenders had to come over to cover that side, but that’s just what I saw…and in any event he’s probably judged more on his performances in midfield given I think that’s his preferred position

I really don’t think he’s bad by any stretch, and unlike some I’m not in the camp of getting on his back and constantly picking him out for criticism, he has had some decent bits in games this season, but realistically how many would say hand on heart they’d be that disappointed if he wasn’t in the team?

At this stage in his career surely he needs to start showing more of his potential if he’s to be considered a premier league prospect?
For all that waffle you've just basically backed up my original point

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

not sure what your original point was, unless you’re saying my opinion was diatribe, which it clearly wasn’t…

If you like / rate Eccles then that’s fair enough, and in my opinion he’s not a bad player - if you believe he’s premier league quality however I think you need to give your head a wobble

Martin180

not sure what your original point was, unless you’re saying my opinion was diatribe, which it clearly wasn’t…

If you like / rate Eccles then that’s fair enough, and in my opinion he’s not a bad player - if you believe he’s premier league quality however I think you need to give your head a wobble
Personally I don't but ,like Sheaf , if he improves his passing game then there is no reason why he couldn't play higher . Think both are very good championship midfielders

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

If you like / rate Eccles then that’s fair enough, and in my opinion he’s not a bad player - if you believe he’s premier league quality however I think you need to give your head a
He is still at QPR, he didn't go to Leicester.

…it was more about the highlights, i.e. this is what he has done well, answering previous comments

Although Leicester were / are apparently also interested 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread