Transfer targets (21 Viewers)

Greggs

anyone know if Langstaff has a high press/workrate.

It’s one of the best points of Godden’s game- and hopefully he can replicate
He hasn't played a high enough standard that uses tactics yet. But, yes, he is good at running around.

jordan210

Using FUT

pace

Godden 57
Simms 70
Wright 81
Langstaff 81

So he’s just as fast as Wright and a lot more pace than Godden

Telfer85

High work rate up top would be welcome. He does look like a younger Godden and although not a speed merchant certainly doesn’t look slow.

What looks decent to me is his ability to finish using either foot and looks decent in the air. Also doesn’t look like he needs 10 touches before getting his shot away just has instinct to get in the right positions and get shots away quickly.

Someone else with a natural instinct to get on the end of these crosses from tatsu, bidders and MVE.

ptr

It’s a fair point.

But Godden was a significantly lower fee and was coming in to be number one. I’m not convinced Langstaff will be. Unless Godden is leaving, I don’t think he offers us anything more.

Yeah, personally can’t see it happening as three strikers for one spot doesn’t fit. Money needs to be spent elsewhere. Godden does need replacing however.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we sign Langstaff we all know it won’t be anywhere close to 5 million up front. Probably about 2 million and the rest on add ons
Even £2m up front seems way too much, especially considering his age and the level he has played at up to now.

I'd be fine with us offering large add-ons for promotion and if he got 20 goals or whatever.

We've already brought in 2 hugely expensive strikers. Can't see us spending a large amount more on another (unless Godden is sold) when we need a better ball playing CM.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I found this article quite amusing, very obviously just a fan out of touch with the game

“Coventry, Stoke and Birmingham are other clubs struggling in the bottom half of the table and could all be targeting and trigger a move, and it will be no stress for Marc Albrighton to join one of them”

apparently we’re struggling in the bottom half, wont it be funny when we beat them in the play off final 🤭🤭

Skybluedownunder

If he’s as good as his dad I’d grab him, love him or hate and many did his old man was a top player.

Martin O’Neill had a strict rule with his players of not to pass to Robbie Savage which I watched on an under the cosh video yesterday. He said that basically he had a job of winding up players and had his role but was awful at football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

21/22 year old couple of million gamble is one thing. 27 year old needs to step up straight away and is unlikely to have much resale value.
Talk of Chelsea in for Ivan Toney 27 this March at about 15 times the £6.5million Brentford paid for him

Last edited:

slowpoke

Yeah, personally can’t see it happening as three strikers for one spot doesn’t fit. Money needs to be spent elsewhere. Godden does need replacing however.
Strikers are the the most expensive players to buy and the biggest risk.

Legia Sky Blue

Langstaff is a better goalscorer than Al hamadi

Langstaff is playing in a more attacking team who score lots of goals. I suspect if Langstaff were playing for Wimbledon and Al Hamadi for County that Al Hamadi would have scored more goals. I also think Al Hamadi is a more rounded player and offers more than just goals, while also being younger he has much more scope to improve.

Incidentally Langstaff is from the North East, and with Middlesbrough and Sunderland in need of strikers I wouldn't be too surprised to see him ending up with one of them.

Evo1883

Langstaff is playing in a more attacking team who score lots of goals. I suspect if Langstaff were playing for Wimbledon and Al Hamadi for County that Al Hamadi would have scored more goals. I also think Al Hamadi is a more rounded player and offers more than just goals, while also being younger he has much more scope to improve.

Incidentally Langstaff is from the North East, and with Middlesbrough and Sunderland in need of strikers I wouldn't be too surprised to see him ending up with one of them.
Or is it that they take their chances more ? Screenshot_20240106_073041_Chrome.jpg

Evo1883

Screenshot_20240106_073429_Chrome.jpg

I reckon if langstaff was playing for Wimbledon they'd be top 3

TomRad85

Another thing that happened all summer was people on here getting annoyed at fees like its their own money. Ultimately I think even some of the bigger fees like Wright and Kitching are starting to look like money well spent.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Northeast sky blue

I'd much rather see a quality midfielder being linked and left sided cover for for Wright and also cover for Sakamoto, that's not to say, it's not happening

Skybluedownunder

Megabowl
Next you’ll be telling us he does a shift at woolworths

Ey that still exists here (reading this message as walking past Woolworths lol)
a25ebec992e54ccc0eb2311a08f08e16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBS16

I might be in the minority but I do think adding a striker is necessary. Godden is aging so we need somebody ready to step up, teams that get promoted have an abundance of firepower and I wouldn't say we quite have that in depth. He may also work off the left or right as an option should it be necessary

larry_david

Can we stop comparing Toney to Langstaff please.

Toney signed for Newcastle from Northampton at 17 years old, had a few years in their academy, then various loan spells of little to no goalscoring success. Its only when he went to Peterborough in league 1 that he started turning into a lethal striker. He'd had years at a prem academy, and about 5 loan spells before it clicked. He's also about 6ft 3 compared to Langstaff.

I understand what people are saying but the comparison is wrong.

Langstaff is also one of the most highly rated league strikers in England and has been since last season

Jamieb87ccfc

I feel like the club in for Langstaff is Swansea. They have just taken Notts County’s manager and are struggling. They need more firepower and he knows him and knows how to play him.

mrtrench

Call me old fashioned, but this Langstaff cove... Surely MR and his recruitment boffins have done their homework. If they think he will fit in, has enough pace, will step up, stats are good etc. and are willing to pay £x... then, as already established I know nothing and I trust them.

Honestly, I suspect few of us know much in comparison to these professional jonnies. Embrace the truth comrades, it will set you free! Know that you are not an Oracle, you do not live on Mount Olympus, and that Robins knows what he's doing.

Skybluedownunder

Expensive as fuck though, I remember paying about $15 dollars for a few bananas and apples

Little choices for competition = huge profits

Coles & Woolworths are the main two and they just take the piss cause of convenience as they are in every suburb pretty much. There is Aldi but not many of them and for the price difference it’s not worth driving there.

It’s crazy when most produce is grown and farmed within Australia but hey ho that’s how it is. Especially when they get the backpackers doing free labour to get their second year visa lol

larry_david

When asked of Langstaff, new swansea boss said:

LW: Yeah, but please be careful. This is the king of Meadow Lane we’re talking about. I love Macca as a guy. As a football player he’s a goalscoring machine, but I want to make sure he’s there to help them get promoted.

Users who are viewing this thread